Why does their relationship feel off? Like something's wrong with their 'chemistry'

Why does their relationship feel off? Like something's wrong with their 'chemistry'.

because there is zero reason anyone would be attracted to that woman past a casual fuck

Heh
Pansexual

Probably because their relationship is falling apart.

>because there is zero reason anyone would be attracted to that woman past a casual fuck

If I knew she'd be a lioness when it comes to her baby, and she'd tell me to shoot it up her cooch and knock her up during sex (this actually happened in-comic), I'd be pretty damn attracted to her.

there is more to a relationship beyond fucking

Because they're very different people but they love each other, which is the whole point of the series.

Because it is a book written to appeal to female readers and those kind of relationship stories are always grating.

It's not really a question of attraction, it's more of a 'there doesn't seem to be too many things that create an interesting bond between them'.
I agree with .

It's not that both characters aren't attractive to each other or to other people, it's just their relationship seems forced for lack of a better word. I've read slash fanfictions where the romance is better written and actually more enjoyable to read about. As previously said by one user their relationship just feels grating.

because there is no "sweetness" is a too much edge relationship, as the character are.
Lovely couples are not like that, if they were a pairing in earth they would be already divorced.

Because we've been conditioned that the Hollywood idea of chemistry actually exists.

This relationship is actually more real in it's depiction. They are complicated and conflicted characters.

They'd work better as a divorced couple that fell out of love, but put up with each other and stick around for the sake of their daughter.

So having an actual strong relationship with someone who suddenly feels like kin to you for many reasons is just the product of western brainwashing?

how charmingly postmodern of you

>aliens
>they're just humans with wings/horns

Such lazy designs

Problem is it's not the good kind of 'opposites attract'. Ive read plenty of fanfictions that do this concept better than this series.
In fact there really seems to be little basis in their early relationship other than their love for a single book. It's more of a fling that the writers try to write as deep and profound.

its a comic for women. how complex do you think they can handle their romance?

You know there are plenty of romances that involve complicated and flawed characters that actually feel like they really click. These characters, despite what Hazel says, are more defined by their relationship than actually being characters in and of themselves.

I want Prince Robot IV to fuck Alana.

I'm sure the artists/writers thought they were being clever with the designs with the parallel of a war between devils (often depicted as horned creatures) and angels (often associated with winged humanoids). But in reality it just makes their design choices and message even more transparent.

Because they're somehow the worst relationship in the comic. You know who were also cunts, but felt like they loved each other? Prince and Princess. Hell, Princess thinking it was IV who had showed up when Dengo killed her was really touching.

Literally why.

Relationships aren't clean, and sometimes they try to make things work, sometimes it does, most times it doesn't. Things fuck up, especially when you're a fuck up.

As much as i'd like their relationship to persevere, I don't think it will.

I've never read or heard of this so when I saw the picture I thought "why would a woman fuck a goat though."

Dragon cock

>most times it doesn't.

because they are pretty shitty people, which makes at least some of us see no reason why they would be in a relationship to begin with, other than the kid, who would be better off being raised in some jail

Would the comic not be as popular if the characters had predator/equally strange alien faces?

The target audience is the fake geek famele/numale who "loves comics and nerd stuff" and preordered ME:Andromeda; so take a guess

>but love is irrational and people try things and sometimes they click and sometimes they don't

Thing is, agian, there are plenty of other series that do this much better, even in cirmstances more dire and worse than theirs are. I don't mind the typical main character romances on tv where they click but don't click and break up etc etc but at least they were characters That aren't defined by them being together.

Believe it or not, I wouldn't hook up and marry a guy just because we are in a war zone and like the same book and whatever symbolism is in that book. I'd need to know more about him as a person, his history, who he liked before, try to bond with him on more than just that level...as friends first. Jumping into that kind of commitment that fast is a recipe for disaster that I don't believe the series really does a good job of conveying.

>hope they preserve

I kinda don't. It's somewhat heavily implied that their realtionship is based more on a spur of the moment thinking rather than from an actual place of true bonding. Two High schoolers running off and getting married after only knowing each other for a few months or even weeks. That's not a good foundation. I might have actually liked the romance better if the two characters were that young. Would have added an innocence to the romance and made more sense for such rash actions to be taken, plus it would add to the characters if they were young people who had a more mature outlook on life.
>Muh warzone and shit
Doesn't mean they had too hook up right after they escaped. They could have just been friends when they escaped, been friends on the lamb for a few years, and then hooked up when they knew more about each other. Would have been nice to see a romance blossom as a result of learning how to survive with each other rather than 'we like the same book, let's get married'.

This. Holy shit this.

Absolutely this

>i will never be "forced" by a female yautja in heat who got stuck here on earth during mating season
>no halfbreed qt pie daughter
>i will never be the overprotective and well meaning father of a college slut who keeps bringing home boys from pred U

fucking end me now

Alana is absolute trash and Marko deserves better.

It says a lot when the wife of the guy that started out as a villain was way more supportive of him that the damn protagonists are of each other.

> Even though she didn't understand it, Princess did her best to help with IV's mental problems (including erectile disfuction)
> Princess was willing to stand up to agent Gale in order to protect IV's interests
> According to IV himself, Princess was the entire reason he managed to man up
> IV was willing to hunt down and murder a baby with very little information across the universe just to keep Princess and Squire safe
> Princess was convinced that IV was alive up until the very moment she died, refusing to name Squire as Prince

You really fucking got to ask that? It's not just women either, every single reader bar a tiny minority of people will just pass over a comic because of the design of the MC's not being mostly pretty human. MMO's have had this data for fucking years.

Spergs love them some IV but it's some next level delusion to gloss over the flaws in one relationship just to put down another.

> flaws in one relationship

That's the point - despit their flaws, they still came off as a couple that really loved each other. Alana and Marko just give the impression of liking to fuck each other and feeling stuck togther due to Hazel and their mutual status as war criminals.

Why wouldn't a woman fuck a goat?

Why dobI feel like this is what the thread is really about?
>I think this is a comic for girls so fuck it

You're doing it again.

Doing what, explaining why I think IV/Princess was done better than Alana/Marko?

>That's the point - despit their flaws, they still came off as a couple that really loved each other
I'm not going to argue with delusional people because that's not an argument anyone can win but ya boy was fucking around on whore island when his son was born and his wife was getting stabbed in the face.
Barring the fact that Princess might as well had been a character in a Mario game for how royally two-dimensional that bitch was so of course she seems amenable.
>Alana and Marko just give the impression of liking to fuck each other and feeling stuck togther due to Hazel and their mutual status as war criminals.
That's fine, I honestly think about the idea of them splitting up all the time and I like that seems like a possibility in the writing and some situations (like a miscarriage) can bring them closer and others (drug trips) pull them apart.
Wanting to see a Punished Marko is probably the main reason I'm still reading the series.

No, ignoring flaws of one relationship to put down another. If you think marko and Alana don't fit the typical mold of two people in love, fine, but let's not argue that one couple is better because they do.

>which makes at least some of us see no reason why they would be in a relationship to begin with

Relationships are mostly irrational.

I think your issue is that these characters are flawed assholes in the uncomfortable way, not the entertaining way.

>Relationships are mostly irrational.
they are not. at least not the ones that last

Women want to fuck Garrus, a fucking exoskeletal metallic bird alien
Girls are more sexually deviant and bizarre than men when it comes to things like this

Man what are you talking about? Princess was barely on panel enough to determine even a personality.

yes, and they self insert as the one fucking him. the male lead can be a monster, in fact he should (women fantasize with fucking monsters all the time: vampires, werewolves, evil dudes), but the female lead still needs to be representative of them.

Like how guys can't tolerate male leads that don't have the same skin tone as them coming within 20ft of a female?

Humans are all huge narcissists with absurd sexual fantasies, who would've guessed

wrong. men can tolerate any leading man in fiction that fully embodies the hero myth into himself. in the 70s and 80s james bond was a favorite among all males regardless of their skin color. those marvel movies make a ton of money in china and india and there are no asian or indian male leads

the reason why white educated people reject SJW-driven narratives is because nu-male leads are ideologically weak, not because they cast men of different color

I used to strictly be into this but now I like it both ways.

>the reason why white educated people reject SJW-driven narratives is because nu-male leads are ideologically weak

Where is this from?
>Kill all wizards
I can read, but internet search is not cooperating.

It's meant to be read as a fairy tale for adults. The fact that alien worlds is used as a backdrop rather than some sort of fairyland is merely a detail. The aliens are all really whimsical in their designs.

Because comics for men are well known for their complicated depictions of romance.

Not that guy, but I think it might be Balst by Ovens.

That seems to be the thing, thanks!

Relationships are typically less illogical than you think. At least the ones that work. Attraction is/can be irrational but does not always provide stability.

I tend to like asshole characters. But you're right, the way they're written is more uncomfortable than endearing. They aren't really the kind of people I'd enjoy watching (Marko maybe but that's pushing it. He is kinda the bland pacifist type, flaws and all, which is part of the reason why I think so many people like him.) and as such not really ones I'm invested in. That isn't to say that I don't get invested in characters that I don't agree with/find friend material, but Alana and by extension Marko feel more like props in the writers 'omg opposites attract and its symbolism for the over all warrrrr! Look at how profound and realistic this relationship is!!!'.

>realistic means better
In the world of fiction that's not always the case. There's a difference between enjoyable realistic and realistic that gets on your nerves. For example the war and violence stuff (I'm clearly not a war expert) is supposed to be semi realistic and make you uncomfortable, that works more than this romance does. Even that though gets preachy at times.
>but that's the point, it's supposed to be uncomfortable because that's how relationships are
I don't know about you, but when so much of the plot is built around you sympathizing and rooting for a couple, I think making the audience like it is a big part of making the story work.