Jon Favreau's The Lion King has a new Zazu and it is pic related. This is really official

Jon Favreau's The Lion King has a new Zazu and it is pic related. This is really official.

Zazu - John Oliver
Simba - Donald Glover
Mufasa - James Earl Jones
Timon - Billy Eichner
Pumbaa - Seth Rogen

(Nala is rumored to be Beyonce.)

Thoughts?

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lion-king-john-oliver-voice-zazu-live-action-movie-1019837

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/aladdin-movie-disney-struggles-find-stars-1019690
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait, how many scoops does Scar get in this movie after he takes over?

>Thoughts?

I think you Sup Forumsfags need to learn to use the catalog.

one for every gender

I like it, fight me.

Why bring back James Earl Jones but none of the others who are also available

It's not live-action if all the characters are CGI.

>This news requires two threads.

What am I missing here?

Probabky because Disney just got him back as Vader,

Of course Timon and Pumbaa had to be played by gay actors.

>Pumbaa - Seth Rogen

I don't get why you people are bitching about John Oliver, Rogen on a good day offends me far more than Oliver at his worst.

>seth rogan
>beyonce
This movie is fucked, john oliver isnt going to help either. Im glad i dont have children.

Label that shit so it can be easily found. - OP

Well, that is how it is being labeled.

i hope this bombs

>all lions are black

>all non-lions, lesser status in the animal kingdom, are white

What DID they mean by that???

embrace diversity, user. embrace.

will he flip his shit when Scar starts singing about his lovely bunch of coconuts?

WE

literally who else was in the movie?
I can only think of Jeremy Irons off the top of my head.

>Pumbaa - Seth Rogen
What the absolute fuck.

>Zazu
Tolerable, Oliver's voice could be very fitting
>Simba
Alright
>Mufasa
Thank god they kept JEJ
>Timon
I don't know who that is
>Pumbaa
Kinda fitting even Rogan is kinda annoying
>Nala
Not sure why, can she even act?

The mom from coming to america(a movie she did with Jones)
Matthew whatever his name was
And thats it.
I dont know the names of the other actor

I actually like Beyonce's acting more than her singing (Solange's singing voice is a million times better in my opinion). She was really great in Dreamgirls.

Its a voice role with cg animals isnt it who cares if she cant act.
And whoopi goldberg

>mfw

I don't see how zazu fits with john Oliver.

did you REALLY want a whiny Matthew Broderick reprise?

>I don't know who that is
all you need to know is that it's not Nathan Lane and is therefore shit

>Zazu - John Oliver

Yeah, why can't Timon be played by a paragon of heterosexuality like Nathan Lane again?

Well Nala be okay with Pride Rock being built by slaves?

Seth Rogen's gay?

>Mufasa-James Earl Jones

So nothing changed there.

>Nala is rumored to be Beyonce

So this entire shitshow is just going to be #millenial *clap* #woke *clap* #the *clap* #movie *clap*

Seth Rogen is more concerning than John Oliver. Jesus christ stop hiring him

Both of the original VA's for Timon and Pumbaa are still alive, why not just hire them back?

I also have a very bad feeling that this movie is going to overuse the CGI to the point where the action overshadows the story. I can almost guarantee the stampede scene will be like 15+ minutes of stupid 3D gimmicky bullshit.

The cartoon movie will be better, the Broadway production will be better. Hell, even Kimba the White Lion will be better than this crap.

Matthew Broderick (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) was adult Simba surprisingly

>Simba, it's the current year. You really shouldn't be running off like this.

I refuse to support anything with John Oliver in it.

Why didn't /our boy/ get a role in this? He could've finally been with Nala.

Nathan Lane played the voice Timon ( check out a movie called The Birdcage)

Ernie Sabella is the guy who did Pumbaa's voice, he's a literally who stage actor who is only known for being Pumbaa.

Oh and the original Zazu was voice by Rowan Atkinson, otherwise known as Mr.Bean.

Isn't basically the entire plot of this movie, "a leader has a moral responsibility to his own people first and foremost, and letting in an unlimited number of foreigners is not only destructive to your own people, but also makes you a huge asshat for either not caring, or even worse, a literal villain for encouraging it"?

Jonathan Taylor Thomas (the hot kid of the moment) was kid Simba (speaking voice only).

They really need to toss a Zira casting in there. If they're so desperate for money they'd do this, they need to make a sequel make sense, unlike the last time, where's Scar's supporters were never heard of until the second movie.

I'm not terribly worried about Oliver
Regardless of his politics, he's got a good voice for Zazu, and that's the important part here

I don't hate Favreau, but this just feels like a beauty and the beast situation instead of a success like with the live action Jungle Book, in the sense that it will only make the original look better. Hiring meme actors because of their popularity for what? Only to auto tune the shit out of their voices and then make a movie with less of a third than the animation's charm just to assure you get people seeing it? Why fucking bother. Yes I know all remakes are unnecessary cash grabs but this one just feels extra cash grabby millenial bait.

And STOP FUCKING PUTTING DONALD GLOVER IN EVERYTHING, he's not that good for fuck's sake. In community he had Dan Harmon's writing to carry him and in music he barely does anything other than mediocre raps, then call his swede buddy to make all the sounds and catchy beats. Yes I mad.

>Pumbaa - Seth Rogen

So Zazu is gonna lecture Scar that he has to let ALL the animals live on pride rock?

DUDE BUGS LMAO

Timon will be James Franco and they will be stoners.

>bugs are weed joke
>lol, actually a gay couple joke
fuck

Because they're in Africa?

Whoopie Goldberg as Shenzi.

Only if you see it through Sup Forums-crafted lenses.

Lion King is literally Hamlet in Africa. Scar would have denounced all hyenas if it meant him getting more power. That's what the movie was about - a power-hungry man trying to manipulate others into getting into the throne, throwing the circle of life off balance in the process.

>Timon
>not Nathan Lane

What the actual fuck were they thinking?

>?
Meerkats, warthogs, and whatever bird Zazu is, are also African.

And your snarky little question mark makes you seem like some tumblr faggot. Fuck off.

>Zazu - John Oliver
>Pumbaa - Seth Rogen
>(Nala is rumored to be Beyonce.)

Can we fucking not?

>Tfw Sup Forumsluters will end up getting all triggered by a bird

>And your snarky little question mark makes you seem like some tumblr faggot. Fuck off.

>These days all it takes to make alt-right sullen is a question mark

Even though you got your president elected and running the country, you won't be satisfied until everyone in your country thinks, talks and writes the same way as you do. Sad!

WHERE THE FUCK IS IRONS AS SCAR CASTING FAVS

IF YOU'RE GOING TO GET A WASHED UP JAMES EARL JONES (HIS VOICE WASN'T EVEN FIXABLE IN ROGUE ONE), THEN YOU SHOULD AT LEAST GET IRONS WHO STILL HAS HIS BASED VOICE AS SCAR

I'll just go ahead and forget this remake shit is happening, like I always do. I already have to be reminded sometimes that Total Recall got remade, or Robocop. Remakes matter so little that they can just be ignored, and rightfully so.
They're worthless, don't bother paying attention. Maybe if enough people do this, they'll stop being profitable and they'll end.

>What DID they mean by that???

Honestly and most likely? If the cast had not had a majority of black actors, they never would have heard the end of it from various special interest groups and it would have been a huge media frenzy that they they just didn't need. But at the same time they want to be able to hire the actors they want, not be forced to bow to all outside pressure no matter what.

So they get black people to play all the lions - most notably James Earl Jones returning as Mufasa - but then just hire whoever they feel is best for everyone else. No one is going to object because they clearly have black people in the most important roles, and indeed by having black people in the most important roles they ensure that they're likely to be praised.

The point being I suspect you wanted to suggest it's part of some type of convoluted plan to destroy White Culture (in a Lion King movie?), but most likely it's just Disney wanting to avoid a media circus and taking the best possible course of action to do so.

It's an honor and a privilege, a duty I perform
With due sense of decorum and with pride
With deference and great respect very much the norm
Plus a hint of sycophancy on the side
To lay before my ruler all the facts about his realm
To fill him in on all the beastly news.

This is the laaast week tonight~

>These days all it takes to make alt-right sullen is a question mark
Except, as your post proves, he was completely right.
Back to tumblr kiddies fiddler.

Why can't we get actual Africans to do the voices?

I get the feeling that casting David Oyelowo as Scar in The Lion Guard is going to carry over into this movie.

John Oliver playing a yappy little know-it-all. How fitting.

>Pumbaa - Seth Rogen
DUDE BUGS LMAO

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/aladdin-movie-disney-struggles-find-stars-1019690

What do you mean you can't find an Aladdin or Jasmine?

Danny Pudi and Frieda Pinto.
There, Disney can pay me later.

Well i'm not watching it so I don't care.

>another Disney live action remake

One thread per scoop my friend

I mean...it kinda seems like the end result is the same, just with less steps. If cimpanies have to pick their casts based on fear of reprisal, is that really any different?

This

>(Nala is rumored to be Beyonce.)
Easy there Disney. You aren't Dreamworks, now.

>most likely it's just Disney wanting to avoid a media circus and taking the best possible course of action to do so.
Pretty much, but at this point with Timon, Pumbaa and Zazu being played by white actors, I'm starting to get worried about Irons's chances of reprising Scar.

It's the only major role left to cast.

Woy would you go into thuh elephawnt grave yawd!? It's LUTERALLY THUH CUWWENT YEAUH!

Probably because he was the most iconic voice out of the original cast, barring Timon and Pumba.

Also I'd bet the original cast won't bring in the money or the sponsors.

They know they have people breathing down their necks to get this casting right but Disney isn't willing to take a chance on newbie actors of ME descent but they also know they can't use someone from India or North Africa instead.

Why not just get the exact same cast? Why not get Rowan Atkinson back? Zazu's face is literally designed to be him.

It's set in Africa. They knew the jewsual suspects would bitch and moan if the main characters weren't nogs.

>Seth Rogan
>No Nathan Lane Timon

Dead on arrival. At least the cast of Jungle Book was interesting enough to create a new and unique atmosphere.

The thing about the Jungle Book is that at least it ended up telling a more coherent story than the animated film.

With Lion King it will probably end up being an exact same copy just like B&B was while adding the new songs the play had.

I thought James Earl Jones was dead. Who have I been thinking of all these years?

Why? Are the original voice actors unavailable or something?

Michael Clarke Duncan?

No, they are just not Hollywood or modern enough apparently.

I really do hope they get Jeremy Irons for Scar, though.

>Spider-man Homecoming
>Half of the black male actors with name recognition are fucking criminals
>including Glover again
Really getting the noggin joggin

>If the cast had not had a majority of black actors
So far, it doesn't. Unless that was the original casting call/mission statement.

Can't be bothered

I can understand remakes of movies with people in them, but why the Lion King?

I hope they make some changes to the second half, or expand the scenes with Scar, Nala, and Sarabi.

They should just go all in and make everyone who isn't Genie Chinese. Really go for that Chinese market in the one movie that isn't Mulan where they can get away with it.

>50 year old neggress as young lion girl
What did Hollywood mean by this?

>JEJ is back

our guy?

>Pumbaa - Seth Rogen
Laughed harden than I should have

HAKUNA MAHUH HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH