Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that DC peaked in the 80s and Marvel peaked in the first half of the 2000s?

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that DC peaked in the 80s and Marvel peaked in the first half of the 2000s?

I only just started DC, but I agree Marvel was much better in the early 2000's.
The X-titles were in an okay place.
F4 was in an okay place.
Spider-Man was in an okay place.
Only the Avengers were very meh.
Plus the Ultimate Universe was pretty fucking awesome before they gutted it.

Fuck off, Marvelfag. Read more DC before you say stupid shit like that.

elaborate

>Marvel peaked in the first half of the 2000s?
lol
capeshit peaked in the 80s, and the comic book sales format suffered a tremendous implosion in the 90s, from which it will never recover

Marvel had as many good runs as DC did Graphic Novels/miniseries/one-and-done plots in the 80s.

Marvels buying out archies digests.

Legacys big thing is a return to newstands just for marvel.

Fuck no. Both DC and Marvel peaked in the 80s.

>Now that the dust has settled

fucking eat my ass you piece of chit

eat cock and drown in it

Marvel was only great during the Shooter era (Lee era had too much meh shit) whereas DC has been great in most comic ages.

N-nani?

Marvel's had a lot of great runs in the Queseda era but they almost all have shit endings so everyone remembers them with a bad taste in their mouth.

Alright:
JSA
Black Adam
Secret Six
Morrison's JLA
Starman
Hitman
Blackest Night
Legion Lost
Hawkman
Hawkworld (90s)
Rucka's Wonder Woman
Birds of Prey
Dial H (New 52)
Animal Man
No Man's Land
Bruce Wayne: Fugitive
Young Justice
Aztek
Wally West Flash
Impulse

this

None of those are as good as Watchmen, TDKR or Year One. Which isn't to say they aren't good, just that they're not equivalent to the peak.

Two of those are elseworlds/not DC. For popularity by selling, we have to look to Snyder's Batman

Then again, we could mention Transmet and Planetary.

nope

We're talking about quality, not sales. Continuity is pointless when you realize everything will be out of continuity one day.

why didn't you put Marz' Green Lantern
what are you, gay or something?

TDKR and Year one were influential, but not the best in quality. Morrison's Doom Patrol, Sandman, Shade the Changing Man and Starman were better than those.

flip that around and then I will agree with you.