Dumb cunt isn't helpful when it's most needed and finally gets told off

>dumb cunt isn't helpful when it's most needed and finally gets told off
>cries
>"i have a backstory you should've known by now!"
fucking christ, and i already know how it ends but fuck this is worse than 2 because of Cruz

I haven't watched 2 but this was okay, it dealt with a pretty mature and realistic theme and had a nice ending, idk why you hate cruz

>idk why you hate cruz
Even if you don't agree you should realize why some aspects of her existence isn't liked

What happened? I don't mind spoilers, I'm not planning on watching this.

McQueen crashes after everyone he races with is replaced with new rookies that are better generation cars and he pushes himself too hard, he gets a silly funny girl sidekick trainer that he has to keep working around to even get to train, he tells her off because if he loses the upcoming race he'll be forced to retire, and she isn't taking it seriously.

She goes on a rant about how she didn't want to be a trainer ("Ask me if I WANTED to be a trainer since a kid, ASK me if I didn't want to be a real racer!!!") but wasn't good enough to be a racer, this somehow makes it better that she wasn't training very well and that she was fucking up his chances in the final days before the race, and that lightning was in the wrong for telling her off for just being a comedic character rather than doing her job and helping him rather than it sidelining her humor aspect.

It's worse because the writers decided to do that shit where a character tells their backstory angrily as if someone else should've known it already and that it's an insult that they didn't

In the end Lightning puts her in the race because he remembered her sad tragic past about not getting what she wanted

Boy that's pretty awful.

Sounds like this movie was on...Cruz Control!

If Cruz were the exact same character, only male, Sup Forums would be fine with him.

Oh wow.

Do they make it about the fact that she is a girl car?

Maybe, maybe not, it's not a fucking hivemind

Also women representation recently has felt forced as shit to pander and this movie wasn't any different, about shit with "back then since the men didn't want a female beating them i wasn't given a number so i stole one", us having to feel sorry for obnoxious sidekick female who even gets McQueen's role, etc.

>"back then since the men didn't want a female beating them i wasn't given a number so i stole one",
You're kidding.

That was actually in the movie?

No but there was an occasional amount of "what, a girl? pshh no way she-- WOAH SHE'S GOOD!!" crap

>Mary Subaru

It was just a cars universe version of how women were treated in the past in real life, but yea it felt shitty to even have it.

It was when McQueen goes to Hudson's hometown and talks to other legends there and one was a woman, which of course was the only racer Cruz knew very well

>In the end Lightning puts her in the race because he remembered her sad tragic past about not getting what she wanted
Kind of, but not really. McQueen also realized his time was up. He was trying his hardest when he was training and Cruz was beating him. He knew he was never going to win, and running the rest of that race would have been pointless. He saw it as an opportunity for something better.

Yea, that was the motivation and what was written, yes "really" because that's still what happened, just because they added a narrative to the main character's struggles as the final decision doesn't mean the other aspect wasn't built up the entire film

That's basically the only reason they had the fight in the OP scene was so he knew she wanted what she couldn't get herself and had to give it to her.

It was written that way around her getting the race, there had to be plot around it, but it didn't have to be written that way is my point and that's what fucking sucked, that her role was that

Then this should have been Creed and not some kinda Rocky mashup.

None of this stuff with Lighting trying to get back into racing and just being retired in Radiator Springs until Cruz comes to him.

I find it weird how everyone here is so triggered by that one throwaway line.

But then that's stupid. That undercuts the sacrifice McQueen makes by letting her race in his place. That's the whole point, is to show McQueen's realization that no matter how hard he tries, he can't win anymore and it's time for him to move on. It wasn't Cruz's story, but she was a means to the end of McQueen's.

>I find it weird how everyone here is so triggered by that one throwaway line.
I used it as an e x a m p l e, user

>I find it weird how
I can't imagine you're not female because you keep glossing over easily understandable posts and say they're triggered when it's just either "i didn't like it" or even just "it happened"

But there really isn't a sacrifice because everyone can see the setup coming. There is no emotional impact to McQueen struggling and handing it over to the rookie.

Movie didn't do that well.

The line didn't make sense because they're CARS. Their gender wouldn't mean jack shit only what type of car they are which sucks even more because if you're born a fork lift forget going anywhere far with your life.

This, them pulling the gender card just came off as antagonizing men/putting women on a pedestal over times they already symbolized that, like with McQueen being a dick for telling the truth and accidentally breaking Cruz's trophy because they're in a fucking truck that's moving but them playing it like he meant to do it because he was mad, and having her win from her underdog role and after being criticized for being a measly female car and taking McQueen's place

>idk why you hate cruz
She's annoying as fuck

user. There are no more human characters in stories...just political puppets and biased messages trying to push varied agendas.

It's more about the fact that she is a millenial car.

>a millenial car.
jesus christ these buzzwords

dont think about it too much and BUY THE TOYS

this, we must buy

I did not think Cars 3 could be worse than Cars 2.

Seems like I was wrong.

It's a shame because with better animation on its side, writers that knew Cars 2 was a step away from what the original was, and a "return to form" approach, it seemed they had it in the bag

>I find it weird how everyone here is so triggered by that one throwaway line.
Now this is good bait, lots of (you)s guaranteed.

... those are not toys!

easy to say that after 4 responses, fag

>millenial car
i thought cars took place thousands of years in the future, right before a bug's life

oh oh, you got me!

>had a nice ending

>pay to see Muhammad Ali in his last fight
>get a no-name instead
>pay to see Michael Jordan play his last game
>get a no-name instead
>pay to see Lightning McQueen have his last race
>get a no-name instead
See, the difference between these is that you'd get a lawsuit for the first two and in the last one his biggest fan betrays him and cheers for Cruz because the plot demanded it.

I hate that this is right

>wah female main character insults
Is this what every Cars 3 thread is

It wouldn't be an issue if they didn't give the cars genders and point them out

So is the female Porsche ever mentioned or shown at all in this movie?

Yea as usual she was the designated female to help him want to race again