So you people don't read modern Marvel comics just to be contrarians, right...

So you people don't read modern Marvel comics just to be contrarians, right? You didn't fall for the anti-Sup Forums meme, did you?

No, I don't read modern marvel comics

Except renew your vows

I only care about Gwenpool now.

I don't read Marvel comics because they're mostly trash, regardless of the races of the characters.

I dropped marvel because they don't have any good books right now and they've thrown all their half decent new ideas like Kamala and Robbie under the bus.

If you read comics just to be for or against Sup Forums i want you out of muh hobby

Nah, some of my favorite comic characters are women, non-whites, gay, or a combination of all three. It's just that all of them are DC characters.

Name some.

>and they've thrown all their half decent new ideas like Kamala and Robbie under the bus.

This is fucking tragic. Robbie was criminally wasted and Kamala has been gradually diluted and ruined by events. God I hate events.

>So you people don't read modern Marvel comics
Correct.

I dont read Marvel comics because I am an X-Men fan and dislike almost everything they have done to the X-Men this decade.

Not him but Midnighter, Vixen, Batwoman, and Aqualad are all quality characters who meet the criteria

I'm really struggling to remember any good non white male character with worthwhile stories, only one that comes to mind is Jaime, as for combination of the three, Renee Montoya. I also love Middy.

Also Damian, he's non white even though Morrison pretended otherwise.

Renee Montoya
Crispus Allen
Amanda Waller
Oracle
Death
Scandal Savage
Lady Shiva
Black Adam

Most people read DC comics these days. Marvel is the contrary option now.

>casual read DC these days, Marvel is the patrician option now.

Not him but
Cassandra Cain Batgirl
Amanda Waller
Gotham City Sirens
Birds of Prey with Barbara as Oracle

What does one have to do with the other?

The laundry list of them from MC2 by DeFalco, Cloak and Dagger. There's way more.

>le contrarian meme
Sage.

For non DC...

John Blacksad from Blacksad
Tony Chu from Chew
Abbey Chase from Danger Girls

PeeGee

Uncanny Avengers, Ultimates and Steve Rogers have been great. RYV has been alright.

What else have I been missing out on?

Haven't touched marvel since I was a kid until the Spider Island mini from secret wars, that was kinda nice. Gone back to ignoring it now, mostly just buy indies and DC Bombshells.

Blacksad is a cat user.

same.

Yes I read them, how else am I gonna talk shit?

All I read is Gwenpool and Old Man Logan. I was reading Moon Knight for a while, but that ended.

>Lady Shiva
she will never be good again after new 52

She wasn't too bad in the recent Tec arc

if it hurts Sup Forums's feelings, then I'll read more

fucking fedoran crybabies

Personally, I don't like forced diversity. Call me Sup Forums all you like, I won't take it as an insult.

I also find that the writing quality has dropped a lot under the cinematic universes. They no longer feel the need to impress longtime fans and are going for the 12 year old buck. Not exactly a bad thing in theory, but the kids they are targeting are not your typical comic book fan. I find most comics, especially Marvel ones, to be pretty vapid these days, and not in a good way.

>forced diversity

There's no "forced". You call it forced because you don't like it and you have no control over it. Boofuckinghoo. I bet if every character was a straight white male you wouldn't call it forced in a million years.

Stay triggered, nazi

>The contrarian meme has looped back to defending marvel
What a time to be alive

Tec? What book? I just loved when she was an ass kicker that showed up, fucked everyones shit up, whether good or bad, and fucked off again.

Modern Marvel gave us shit like America and Hellcat. Modern Marvel has eye bleedingly bad art combined with Mary Sue tier minority "characters" whose sold traits are that they are proud minorities and their quirk is that they're quirky. Insert genius level intellect where applicable. Modern Marvel only seems to think there are two types of stories: hero vs. hero or hero is perfect and beloved because they are woke and shit. Modern Marvel bows to the whims of its movies, changing characters in ways that make no sense just for synergy and eliminating the Fantastic Four, the reason this entire universe exists in the first place, because "muh Fox ownership.

Go ahead. Defend modern Marvel. Defend all of that. Bonus points if you don't mention DC, because I don't give a shit about DC.

marvel is trying to get female audience and thanks to tumblr marvel believes female nerds like sjw stuff.

I still want to fuck Beast

Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Apollo and Midnighter, Batwoman, Ryan Choi, Jamie Reyes, New Super-Man, Static, Steel. I could do another ten if you want.

I've actually show some Marvel comics to my female friends. One, an artist, found Squirrel Girl to no visually insulting. None of them liked any of them. One asked if why Marvel didn't just try to make things more like what current female fans liked rather than changing everything so that they could go after people who don't read comics in the first place.

I know smart girls.

but those don't count because it doesn't fit my narrative! Only marvel is interested in diversity!

>I know smart girls.

I know smart girls. The smartest girls. So smart you wouldn't believe!

Females can't be smart.

Its funny. I cruise a lot of sites like Mary Sue, eager to get my mad on, and none of them ever mention DC. If they talk about diversity, its always Marvel that gets the praise. Its like DC has some weird social justice blind spot.

most female comic book readers I know love cheesecake. The majority of readers of Tarot and Rothic comics are FEMALE and there is a ton of nudity and over the top breasts in them

>Gay
Batwoman, Renee Montoya, Midnighter and Apollo, Pied Piper, Bunker
>Non-white
Vixen, Blue Beetle, Kenan Kong, Steel, that scientist chick who lives at the center of Earth, technically most non-human GLs, Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz

I read America every time a new issue gets posted on Sup Forums.

>tfw Static hasn't done anything in years

>tec?
jesus please tell me this isn't a serious post

Theres honetly not alot of the big two I do read. I still read ms marvel but only tpb because there are no places to get books where I live other than amazon. Other than than, Im catching up on old stuff and indie/ manga that Ive put off.
If I hear of anything that catches my fancy Ill pop my head back up and buy but until then Ill stick with what Im reading now.
Also, the whole shit storm over "sjw pandering" turned me off from both. I get enough of that shit from autists in video games bitching about why a black person or a lesbian showed up somewhere, I dont need it in my comics too.

They consistently say theyre aren't enough black comic characters and when I looked on their site the most recent Cyborg article was about 50 fucking Cent.

Black people, especially black women, don't care about comics. They care about black dudes whos dick they want in and around their mouth getting movie roles in which they look ripped.

>Black people, especially black women, don't care about comics.

But thats wrong, you fucking retard.

t. Black woman.

Prove it shebeast. Tits or get the fuck out.

yeah, you go to youtube and a ton of the comic book channels are run by blacks. Still, a lot of them hate this bad ham fisted characters taking over for others. Where the fuck did Riri come from?

nah, honestly, I only read old street level DC like Hellblazer, The Question and Green Arrow

Nothing Sup Forums related about me aborting Marvel comics from my pull list.

Marvel is currently hiring nothing but Young adult fiction writers who are high on SJW and a bunch of pretentious political wannabe muckrakers.

It doesn't help that Marvel hires people on tumblr to do their art.

Then there is the fact that Marvel shits all over their fan base. Fuck Brevoort and Alonso.

>They make youtube videos so they obviously care about comics. It's definitely not for the attention.

And by "only read old street level DC" do you mean you go to readcomicsonline? If you don't buy current issues and you don't buy back issues you steal comics at best. Likely you don't even do that.

I dont have to prove shit you fucking autist. Besides you only want pictures so you can call me ugly, or a hambeast, or to continue to call bullshit or to say something racist. Ive been on this site for years. Only idiots and attention seeking whores fall for this nonesense. Give me one good reason why I need to "lol prove it" you colossal faggot, Other than "Ill just keep calling you a man lol!"

>Where the fuck did Riri come from?

I actually like Riri. I dont like that:
a) Here actual fucking name is Riri. Jesus christ....

b) She was basically given tony's suit when she shows up. Aside from me hating that suit, it just makes the situation look like a spoiled rich kid getting handed everything. You have to struggle and build your own shit. It would have ment more if she made her own suit in iterations like tony did as she struggled to carve her own groove. Maybe having to work under shield supervision? Maybe tonys company is in danger of being taken over and she discovers a cave that had tonys AI in it and some limited resources for her to upgrade her first gen suit then figure out how to get tonys company back into friendly hands! corporate espionage! intrigue! Something that isnt,"here smart black girl, take this cool suit you had no hand in creating! Welcome to avengers level crime previously civilian person"
Its not pandering, its bad fucking writing!

You are trying so hard to keep your Sup Forums world view intact. Its sad and cute at the same time.

I don't read Marvel comics because they all suck ass.

I only recently started buying floppies of DC, and those are Green Arrow and Green Lanterns (so I'm getting cosmic there). But I have been buying Grell's Green Arrow and O'Neil's Question recently. Yes, I am a marvelfag but since they aren't putting anything good out it's got me going back to old DC cataloge. Oh, also rebuilding my stole Hellblazer collection.

So...Fuck you. I like DC street stuff but have no clue what Tec is. So fucking what?

Jonboy Meyers please kill yourself

>its bad fucking writing!
oh yeah, I agree. She just "appears" and takes over for iron man. No real build up, just insert. I do think this is one case of pandering though. I don't think Whor or Falcon Cap is pandering, those are clearly stories ment to be told. This is not, this is creating a character and pushing her into a role before thinking through everything.

I don't read modern Marvel comics because they're garbage.
Marvel used to have some amazing stuff.

>Reddit: The Image
Either masterful or very telling.

I dissagree.
I dont think its pandering because she was introduced by Bendis and Bendis has a pattern or making up characters who only exists to serve one purpose in a story.
She feels more like a symptom of Bendis' writing style than a token character.
Does she come off that way? Yes, but I dont think she was ment to be that. She was ment to be another Bendis Mary sue and autists just started screeching about her being black and female.
I just hope she gets a better writer and not garbage armor...I really hate that armor.

Bendis has a habit of pandering though. I think it was intentional. She COULD be a good character but the way she was inserted was terrible.

*Meant

Im not putting it past him. I just think it was more laziness than pandering.

I know. Im switching between Sup Forums and work. Spelling takes a back seat to not getting caught browsing.

Understandable, good luck

He said he created that character for his adopted black daughter

He did it to get pats on the back and to virtue single most of all I'm sure

>He said he created it for his daughter

>He did it to virtue signal and get pats on the back

Or, and follow me on this one, maybe he did it for his daughter?
Maybe the ulterior motive is your paranoid imagination?
I mean its not exactly far fetched, right?
People do things for loved ones.

I've never liked Marvel, save for spider-man.
Something about has always seems very... inauthentic to me. Some of its in the character designs. Marvel designs lack a certain iconography, and I feel like they don't convey what the characters are. Like, Captain America is a soldier right? So why the head wings? And why the ankle wings for Namor? I think Spider-Man is the only Solid design they have.
I'm also not big on how super powers work in Marvel. Why does it matter whether you're a mutant or an Inhuman? It's not like younger different powers if you're one or the other, it's a very arbitrary discrepancy, and ultimately complicates something that should be simple. In DC it doesn't really matter where your power comes from, there's a solidarity in super powers.
I could go on but ultimately Marvel heroes just don't feel like Super Heroes to me. I'll stick with DC for cape content. I really think in a perfect world, Spider-Man is a DC hero.

Wait you enjoyed batwoman? That was wasted potentiol.

I like cosmic stories. I stopped reading Marvel, more or less, when the Annhiliation based cosmic revival ended. I tried the newer series of Guardians of the Galaxy a few times, but I found that it was lacking in theme, mood and direction.

I'd have to look over the whole Marvel catalogue to see if there was something I wanted, and I'm not sure there would be.

I stopped reading DC as well, but that's because Green Lantern lost control of itself, and it kept being pulled into these big yearly events while forgetting plotlines that were established or hinted at.

Which is really weird when you consider the kind of guy at the head of Marvel is pretty much the antithesis of everything SJWs stand for.

JH Willaims III? How can you not like that?
Ultimates and Ultimates ^2 are damn good cosmic stories. But that's really all I can recommend out of current marvel