He amounted to nothing

>he amounted to nothing

What did Genndy mean by this?

He's a joke character, OP.

you're a joke character user

Genndy turned into a hack and cared about getting Jack's dick wet and then breaking the samurai's heart by an anime ending, rather than the characters that originally made the show interesting in the first place.

Season 5 was mediocre and I kinda wished it never happened. The first three episodes were nice, but the season as a whole just wasn't worth the decades long wait.

How dare you. He turned into a respectable business-owner and an honest man.

>The first three episodes were nice
THREEEEEEEE EPISODUSES*
ftfy

So tell me, do you buy your opinions in bulk or do you just get them when they're buy-one-get-one-free?

It was always a teenage fantasy for him (Ashi was an idea even back during the original run) but the execution of a big, ongoing plot really hurt the show, he fucked up because there was already so much shit to close besides Jack's story and he tried to shoehorn a love interest just to get her killed at the end (leaving a horrible taste and pissing off both the people who liked and hated Ashi).
cancer

Sorry my opinion offends you, but the last season of Samurai Jack was mediocre. I enjoyed parts of it such as the backgrounds and music, but as a whole it just wasn't that good.

Does Genndy pay you to suck his cock or do you do it for personal satisfaction?

I'm unemployed so he amounted to more than me

>leaving a horrible taste and pissing off both the people who liked and hated Ashi

I have 0 problem with killing Ashi.

Sup Forums getting butthurt at any ending that isn't 100% happy is a given, and kind of patethic. It's okay to have bittersweet or sad endings, some of the best things ever written have them.

My only complaint is rushed execution, apart from the execution, there is no problem with it, and usually the complain sounds kind of childish. Same happened on TTGL, when the end fit all the thematic of the show.

The dude wasn't a warrior or fighter, the nigga waving a sword around thinking he was a samurai. After seeing jack, he knew he understood that, and that playing "SAMURAI" was gonna get him killed.

>The first three episodes were nice
it's kinda ironic because season 5 started resemble previous season after the first three episodes.

Sup Forums doesn't want the old samurai jack, Sup Forums wants a edgy berserk like reboot of samurai jack.

People weren't unsatisfied by an unhappy ending. That's the same defense people trotted out for Mass Effect 3.

Being a passive agressive manchild isnt going to change the fact season 5 was overall mediocre

He clearly had skills, he took out those robots without difficulty.

Dayum straight we do

>People weren't unsatisfied by an unhappy ending

Don't talk about everyone. You are on Sup Forums, full of stupid people, I saw people complanning about the concept because of the concept.

Not that user, and as a disclaimer I enjoyed S5 for the most part, but I kinda understand people who wanted edgy Samurai Jack.
I mean...they VERY heavily branded/marketed the show as JUST that, so the lack of delivery kinda just felt like misdirection.

keep projecting

>Sa-moo-rai is a joke who never followed up on his character arc
>Demongo is alive again for some reason, hangs around for literally 5 seconds, then fucks off forever
>Guardian is killed off-screen and the prophecy is completely ignored/ straight up retconned
>etc.
I enjoyed elements of season 5, but holy Christ did they drop the ball in so many places.

This has nothing to do with the op, did you read it?

I just don't see how I could possibly have cared enough about Ashi for that ending to work. She's not that interesting.

No Guardian equals shit ending.