Homestuck

Did the Trolls really ruin Homestuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOJwB80oCWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=FOJwB80oCWk

Shipping did, like it did with many other fanbases.

>trolls invite shipping
>shipping invite girls and retards (same diff. amirite?)
>andrew starts pandering to his newfound fans
>comic ruined

wow

no

Shall we create a list of Do's and Do Not's when dealing with a big fanbase so that creators maybe never fall into the same trap that Andrew Hussie or Rebecca Sugar did?

The simple Dont is "Don't listen to your god damned fanbase or hire from them"

No, B kids ruined homestuck, except Roxy, she is the best character

Roxy is also a shit character, asshole.

Moreso the latter than the former. But the former is important in cases.

This led to the current state of Steven Universe. Acid-spitting fanbase, dumb storyboarders and writers who have too much freedom, and unsatisfying "everything is going to be ok" moments that fulfill no purpose expect to change the status quo by a minor detail (Lars' Death and Pinkification being one example of this).

I've literally tried to read Homestuck 5 times but I get bored after an hour.

ALL THAT HAPPENS IS SOME KID GETS A PRESENT AND PLAYS ON HIS COMPUTER FOR A BIT

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET INTO THIS SHIT IF ITS THIS FUCKING SLOW

i wish hussie died immediately after the release of cascade so we could have simply wondered what could have been and not end up in our current timeline

the worst timeline

ADHD

That's because the first part is about John Egbert and John Egbert is boring.it get better, but take A LOT of time to get better.

Homestuck went to shit when it stopped being just Hussie in control. It is not a work that benefits from being written by a committee, especially because the committee is Hussie's immediate circle, who are all bad at most things and more interested in politics, "irony", and progressive bullshit than making any sort of quality work.

No, Act 6 did. Even with the Trolls in the story with god tier and alternate self stuff the story still had consequences. With act 6 everything just felt so retarded and once John literally rewrote the story it just became irredeemable.

John and Terezi*

So is Lord English dead or what?That ending was fucking blank

we just don't know

We don't know.

It doesn't matter, because the kids are eternally trapped and going to be sucked into the juju at some point in the future.

Homestuck wasn't as good with the trolls, but it was still good; so no

by reading Problem Sleuth first

Man, I thought Karkat was the fifth main character and not her.

What the fuck.

>Read for an hour
>Still haven't gotten to the good part

You're just retarded, user.

>Vriska is the protagonist because she created the plan
By that Logic inst Morpheus matrix true protagonist and Yoda star wars true protagonist? Many times the protagonist is nothing more than a secret weapon of some benevolent mastermind.

But yeah the kids were kinda pointless,they faced a bunch of no ones while the trolls faced the real threat.