Paranatural

>the ol' splish and skwish: ultimate interrogation technique

does that mean this mess of an action scene is finally over?

What the hell is going on in that comic? Am I having a seizure?

Zack's interesting idea that works well on paper but not really on...paper was that all four fights are happening simultaneously.

So Max saved PJ from the bat, Ed tackled Starchman, Isabel escaped, Isacc didn't.

poor pacing, poor panel planning, manga derived 'action' where everything is mindlessly confusing, a thematic jump cut done poorly (i'm guessing)

general trash desu

Place your bets, folks: Assuming this is the last split action page, what scene will the next page follow?

Gotta be the splish skwish interrogation

why is the art starting to look a bit like SU's?

bean-shaped mouths for example

>bean-shaped mouths
>starting to
try again
>SU's
not even close

Thank you for reminding me how atrocious Paranatural has become.

I like that he had the idea of all the panels mirroring and flowing into eachother, then just giving up on it half-way. Like, he mirrored Ed's ad Max's scenes, then threw Isaac in kinda in the center there. Off-center, even, since the action is going to the side.

>more pages of Garcia rambling likely something will come out that will make the whole readership shit bricks speculating
>more pages of God knows what Ed's gonna do with his plump teacher-sized prey

Please, most action manga are way clearer than this mess.

You're a bunch of whining babies. This sequence was fine and the panneling wasn't as "confusing" as you guys want it to be. If you couldn't follow the action scene it's because you must be braindead, because there was nothing confusing about it.

You will complain about literally everything even if there's no reason to.

You guys are degenerates. The action sequences in the past few pages have been awesome.

How's the wrist, Zack?

>Thinking Zack would dare to come here.
He would die of a heart attack or something.

Oh please. The entire sequence is a fucking poorly designed mess.

>I'm gonna suck out your brains... through these BENDY STRAWS!

Well if one things come out of this it's that I now want Garcia to mentor Isaac.

Sup Forums, how...

the fuck

does Ms. Baxter's door swing?

It swings both ways.

Remember when Paranatural didn't take place in an empty abyss?

>©2016
Fuck me. This scenes been going longer than I thought.

Oh fuck, Garcia is in this panel isn't he? I guess that confirms he's from the Cousinhood.

Color fix.

Better. I didn't realize that Isaac had juice on his face until now. Hell, it's barely visible even with the edit.

>"Zack's interesting idea that works well on paper but not really on...paper"
The good: another reason to have Paranatural adapted to animation, besides the "playing with audiovisuals the same way Zack plays around with story dialogue and art for a more wholesome experience" thing. The bad: developing obtained IPs can be so unpredictable depending on what's going on with studios and networks plus the author's final word, so we're stuck with this drawn mess. Also, the problem of studios having to catch up with the source material (unless they do the Full Metal Alchemist manoeuvre).

>poor pacing
The pacing is kinda fair for Paranatural's schedule...the main problem here is that Zack cannot (or would not) put a limit on the subplot intake to the recent chapters, which would otherwise keep them focused to their own plots. [This may overlap with how many characters we're suppose to focus on the big story overall - which in this case is supposed to be Max, Isaac, Isabel, Ed and Spender. That is it.]

Take this chapter, in retrospect. Zack wants Hitball to be a setup for introducing Hijack, he should keep us watching on Hijack; no need for the obnoxious Day-te, no need for Alex, no need for Zarei's previous spirit friendship etc. Heck, go further as early as Chapter 4 even (never mind the fact that this chapter is jarring in its tone as part of an establishing First Act) where just Boss Leader's exposition to Max about the inter-spectral strife alone sufficed in adding tension and high stakes. Why you had to have the outsiders get stuck in Mayview right then, "Lightning Rod-gate" and all...it's too exhausting on the reader.

SHE'S WORKING AS A TEACHER AS A COVER!!! SHE HAS MOB CONNECTIONS!! LOOK AT THAT FACE

It feels too obvious. If it does turn out to be him then I sure hope Zack doesn't treat it as a big twist.

He could be some kind of cousinhood hunt-ee not hunter.

This chapter started December 30th, 2014. it has been 2 and a half years. I wouldn't mind the pacing if the art kept up. If Zach's wrist is such a problem, he needs to take like 2 months off and write the entire time. Pacing, art, and writing would improve from that.

>"I must not draw backgrounds."

The only reason I'm still reading this is because Ms Baxter is cute and there might be more Johnny shenanigans down the line.

eh, it fits the anticlimatic splish I guess

Face it, this stuff is utter shit compared to the action scenes in earlier chapters. This current scene can be followed, yes, but it's a fucking pain and slog to read through. Compare the disjointed storytelling in this scene to anything from chapter 2, this one is so much worse it's amazing

If Garcia is supernatural in any way, wouldn't he be stuck inside the barrier? In any case, he would have had to interact with their agents just to get out, at which point he wouldn't have needed to track down Walker.

I'll always recommend K6BD over Paranatural,
1) Because unlike Zack, Abbadon sticks to his release schedule,
2) Because when K6BD has a page delayed, it's usually because the author is working on a really cool background spread instead of giving everything a shitty gradient, and
3) Because it puts in anime stuff without it being obnoxious.

>supernatural in any way
The barrier is very specific about what categories it stops, it isn't very general at all.