Oh COME ON it's actually not that bad is it

Oh COME ON it's actually not that bad is it

3.1/Editor's Cut is better

I at least enjoy large parts of it, i'd say like 73% of it is great but the rest just absolutely t-boned the film and left a bad taste in people's mouths. It would be a godsend today though.

worse.

I'll be rewatching it tomorrow but off the top of my head the sandman tranformation scene, the scene where Harry attacks him and throws those little bladed goblin drone things at him then eats shit, the scene where he saves Gwen from the crane falling thru the building, the scene where he fights sandman in the subway, the scene where he rips the symbiote off, the scene where he confronts Harry in his apt suite after he regains his memory and blows up his face are all AMAZING scenes

For me, it's not the film itself that's bad (though it is) it's everything around it's production that fucks everything for me.

That has nothing to do with actually watching the film though

Venom was shoe horned in by executives and it really shows. Rammi clearly hated everything about Venom and did his best to completely rape him.

I love it, but it does have pretty big pacing/screentime/clutter issues.

HOWEVER, I see people complaining about dancing/asshole Peter, when that's totally par for the course for the series what with the Raindrops Keep Falling scene in SM2 and stuff.

Watch the Editor's Cut

Tap-Dancing Spider-Man

But I still don't like the film

k that's fair

the one that just came out with new footage on blu ray? Just got the trilogy pack. super stoked

It's up on Amazon video

I kinda liked it.

The problem is mainly how they shoved Venom and Harry has a killer in the end.

Sandman was okay.
The Harry and MJ drama was good, IMO better than in 2.
The symbiotic suit was excellent.
Emo Peter was stupid and cringy, just like it was intended (because, you know, the audience is supposed to want Peter to turn back to normal).

If they just had ended the movie after peter lost the simbionte, it would have been great.

You'd think that Rami, the established horror director, who's most famous work is about possession and turning evil, would be into Venom, but apparently he has a huge hate boner for him.

so the only complain was peteĀ“s dancing right?

I like it. It's definitely better than ASM2

No. Sandman killing Ben was stupid. The random butler telling Harry everything was stupid. Venom was poorly handled. Topher Grace was not a good casting choice for Eddie Brock. Venom and Sandman's "I hate Spider-Man" club was pointless. And fuck that black suit.

Just the whole... painfully awkward "man, I'm so cool" personality shift was cringe inducing. The venom suit was supposed to be bad because of heightened aggression and the fear of the symbiote puppeting Pete's body around or taking control. Instead, we got him shooting finger guns at random girls in the street while they openly laughed at him and spontaneous super jazz powers. It wasn't horror, it wasn't a creeping unease, it was just... lame.

This is actually twice as bad for me personally, because Venom absolutely should have been saved for his own movie, and because Sandman is my favorite Spidey villain and he got half assed. We'll never see him again, and they wasted him.

I enjoyed the song Signal Fire by Snow Patrol

How much does it improve the movie?

About 5%

>The random butler telling Harry everything was stupid.

Woah shit, rectify that to about 20% since the new cut gets rid of the Butler.

Does it just assume he finds out on his own or does he get conveniently expositioned on in a less absurd way in that?

I think the problem with Venom is the alien nature of the Symbiote. Almost all of spideys villains are, like Spidey himself "science backfires and results in superpowers" so you just have to be able to suspend your disbelief on that single issue to accept the premise. Throwing an alien into the mix fucks with the simplicity of that.

He actually forgives Peter, but never finds out.

Still sounds like a big improvement just not having that damn butler there.