Will I get 7 comics or one comic with all the issues in it? (pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Search/Comic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You'll get a trade paperback with all 7 issues in it.
have you seriously never seen a comic book trade, even in your look book store?

You'll get the trade which has all those issues bound into a paperback book

Nope I am a virgin to comics, only now getting interested in them.

I'd probably go for Year One if you are a comic virgin.

Okay I shall look into it. Thank you!

Eh, Year One is not really even about Batman, it's more about Gotham in general of the first year he's around. The Snyder run is more like a traditional modern superhero comic

I just want something that has a dark atmosphere, has a serious tone and good villains. If anyone has any suggestions I will look into them all.

Year One only has regular dudes as the antagonists, it's way more grounded. The one you have in the OP is the other run I was talking a out and it fits your description a lot. I would also recommend looking into Grant Morrison's "Batman epic" for more modern, dark, Batman comics. There should be a reading order online for it, it might seem confusing but it's worth it.

This does not have good villains.

Morrison Batman is not a good first read for someone just getting into comics.

Why are you recommending the Bat Epic to a new reader? Are you insane?

Not that guy, but I literally started reading comics with Batman & Son and did just fine.

That said, I would still recommend Long Halloween over it

I'm new at Batman. What would you recomend to start? I only read the Killing Joke and Earth One

Long Halloween is both great book and great entry book

thanks, I'll check it out

>Sup Forums is this casual now
Holy shit, man

This right here, Snyder's run is mediocre, almost turned me off from comics when my friend said this was one of the best Batman series ever

You don't even have to do the Bat Epic itself but some of the stuff in the Preptime bit like TKJ, Year One, Shaman, and The Cult are good for getting into Batman as a character.

Batman: The Long Halloween
The Dark Knight Returns
The Killing Joke
Batman: Year One

Grant Morrison's work is good, but not where I would start with necessarily. Don't read Snyder. And good luck.

(TKJ stands for The Killing Joke)
Also Batman: Living Hell is nice. It's about a white collar criminal (Bernie Madoff-type) who gets locked up in Arkham with all of Batman's villains. Batman plays a smaller role.

While i we always recommend buy trades to support publishers if you really want to get into comics but don't know whats good or bad and afraid of wasting money then go here and read a shit ton of comics for free from mainstream to indie they have it all

readcomiconline.to/Search/Comic

Snyder's run is about challenging Batman's core ideals, it makes no sense to start there if you don't understand what Batman fundamentally stands for. Year One is a good place to start because it familiarizes you with the most important character in the Batman mythos: Gotham City. You find out what it was like before Batman came to be and why his emergence was important to the city and its citizens.

Long Halloween is your best bet