What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/08/19/business/media/sumner-redstone-battle-viacom-empire-shari-philippe-dauman.html
deadline.com/2016/06/viacom-battle-sumner-redstone-philippe-dauman-analysis-1201770409/
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ThYuwnjI8
youtube.com/watch?v=GZrIVtDhuWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The 90s ended.

They sold it to the Blue Man Group because it wasn't making money, you retard. As it turns out, shooting your hit kiddie sitcoms a hundred feet from children screaming on incredibly loud and rickety rollercoasters inside the fucking themepark you built isn't the smartest idea.

The building stopped being Nicktoon Studios and turned into a concert where the same Blues Man Group shows every night.

Why would Nick want to rework on the original building?
It is easier and cheaper to keep it like the one on the bottom.

I wonder who was in charge of slime production.

fpbp and my exact thoughts

You may as well ask why those green/purple paper cups and clothing with triangle patterns aren't around as well.

>What went wrong?

In the late 90's Viacom, and by extension Nickelodeon were doing godly, making billions of dollars and in general being top dog in the entertainment industry. During this time Viacom was looking to expand and was asked by CBS, to merge with them. Viacom's owner Sumner Redstone, wanted everything there was to do with entertainment, such as having cable channels, a movie studio(Paramount Pictures) and now he wanted a broadcast network. In 2000 the merger between CBS and Viacom was approved.

During the five years they were merged there was contention between the sections and in 2005 Viacom and CBS demerged and in the next few years, Viacom's CEO Tom Freston was fired for his inability to acquire Myspace and the next CEO in the wings was a man named Phillippe Dauman, the guy was more or less hired through nepotism because he was Redstone's right hand man and his only claim to fame was his lawyer expertise in helping Redstone acquire Viacom in the mid-eighties.

Dauman, who had absolutely no expertise in running an entertainment giant was now in charge of one. Then everything fell apart soon after, naturally.

The guy wasn't good at helping the company grow or purchase assets, he hired people that weren't good at their jobs and put them in key positions(Like Denise Denson, the woman hired to work with carrier deals and did a piss-poor job of it). He also cared more about raising his paycheck rather than giving a damn about profits. There was also his failure in helping parts of the company work with each other and created silos(a business term)that hampered the company into working together as a whole. Pretty much, one hand didn't know what the other was doing and resources and talent stayed stagnant.

Viacom, and by extension, Nickelodeon, fell as a result and places were shuttered down to save money.

Last year, there has been a massive executive overhaul at Viacom and a new CEO and management have been working to shore up wounds

Is it?

That and things are far more facelessly corperate today than theyve been in a long time, if ever this bad.

>The guy wasn't good at helping the company grow or purchase assets, he hired people that weren't good at their jobs and put them in key positions(Like Denise Denson, the woman hired to work with carrier deals and did a piss-poor job of it).

>become CEO through series of Kafka-esque events
>have no idea what you're doing
>hire people based on funny names
Living the life! Also I didn't know that you could fire CEOs, much less for not being able to purchase something. What's up with that? Sometimes they just don't want to sell.

Very informative thank you user

The 90s and past eras at least had personality ad a look to them. Everything now feels too clean and unmemorable. I mean 10 years ago in 07 nothing really looks different compared to now.

>Viacom's CEO Tom Freston was fired for his inability to acquire Myspace

Well at least they dodged THAT bullet.

Those cups never actually went anywhere. You can still sometimes find them at cheap restaurants in the middle of nowhere.

They did get Neopets, though. They ran it into the ground, but they got it.

>I didn't know that you could fire CEOs, much less for not being able to purchase something. What's up with that?
Due to Viacom's management structure, the company is more or less a publicly traded company owned by a private company.

Viacom is owned by a movie theater chain called national Amusements which is solely owned by the Redstone family.

Freston was later vindicated. Redstone was just pissed that 21st Century/Murdoch got the website before they did and fired him as a result.

>There was also his failure in helping parts of the company work with each other and created silos(a business term)that hampered the company into working together as a whole.

Is this why Nick Animation in LA can pour every resource into making a new show that some dickhead in NYC will then decide to never air so it fails?

Actually went to that studio as a kid and got to watch some smaller tier game show where people got slimed.

Capitalism, user. God bless the UsA.

stop

>Dan "the man with the unmarked van"
>Dan "two fingers up inside her" Schneider

And now jumpstart owns it.

And now the chinks own jumpstart.

He's such an obvious pedophile.

Went too and got to tour it when my brother was on figure it out. Got to go backstage and see them making the slime and everything

Ehh, sorta. Dauman just never gave a shit about growing assets and never cared about new content. The guy was also an arrogant ass and pretty much thought he could do no wrong.

What got him in trouble was that last year Dauman tried to sell about half of Paramount Pictures. The problem with that was Redstone fought tooth and nail for that company and Dauman went behind his back and tried to sell one of his most fought over possessions. That was the last straw.

The silo-ing thing more or less has to do with the content creators showcasing their projects through different avenues of the company. People from BET, Nick or Paramount stayed in their area and never talked to other parts of the business to promote or grow an idea. So content stayed insular and in one place.

ravioli ravioli, do you like Jimmy Savile, loli?

Nothing, looks nice.

>Phillippe Dauman
>Phillippe Da Man
How could he fail with a name like that?

i'm not sure what you mean, user

why does your gif look familiar to me user? Do you know what it's from? Feel like I saw a youtuber talk about it.

stop this or i die

What are you talking about?

>Dan "The hymen crusher" Schneider

I don't think Dan Schneider actually has a foot fetish. He just thinks it's harder to run away without shoes.

The images in the spoilered image user posted. What are they from?

I can't simplify it more than that

Type up "Clarissa comic" in a search engine and grab a box of tissues. For your tears, you sick fuck.

Thank you user

Thanks doc

Jesus christ I HAVE read this.

Dan "Get In The Van" Schneider

Dan "hold her tighter, she's a fighter" Schneider.

I'm legit sorry for bringing those memories back then.

>Clarissa will never have a happy ending

She must have given some tno.

they grew up

Apparently Clarissa will never even have an ending to the story he left off on. Jesus.

Source? Not doubting it, just sounds like an interesting read.

money.cnn.com/2016/08/21/media/viacom-settlement-sumner-redstone/index.html

>fortune.com/sumner-redstone-part-1/

nytimes.com/2016/08/19/business/media/sumner-redstone-battle-viacom-empire-shari-philippe-dauman.html

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/redstone-family-prevails-fight-viacom-920964

deadline.com/2016/06/viacom-battle-sumner-redstone-philippe-dauman-analysis-1201770409/

These articles are just the tip of the iceberg, but are the most relevant. The Fortune article is the most relevant, when it comes to Viacom's owner and point of view.

Source? I don't really doubt you because this kind of thing seem just up the artist's sleeve but the last story introduced so many new characters that seems strange for them not to return.

Thank you, based user.

>tfw neopets will never gonna have a plot ever again

The world got boring.

You're welcome. The company history of this media firm(Viacom)is one of the most interesting/convoluted web of bullshit true facts you'd ever read about.

Nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ThYuwnjI8

the fire nation attacked

>Got slimed

Did you give the guy a tip?

Nothing. You just grew down.

I wish I could be growing around

Always wondered what happened around 06-ish. Since it seemed like every Viacom channel just stopped giving a shit to self promote or do anything outside of the channels like live events.

Mtv and VH1 just sort of stopped giving a shit too and they just rerun random stuff.

Mtv is a basic rerun old old 80s and 90's shit channel now.

How about you grow around my feelings ?

>Last year, there has been a massive executive overhaul at Viacom and a new CEO and management have been working to shore up wounds

Yea and his entire plan was wrapped around making Mtv Classic and The Splat.

Now they just sit around and say
>Hey remember the 90?
all day

If you want to ERP we can just go do it. I've got another 30 mins before I'd feel too guilty for not sleeping. You'll have to provide the link though.

Yea they just decided to rerun 1-2 shows all day every day and leave it at that. No one at Mtv or Nickelodeon gave any fucks what was going on with the channels and they cancelled almost every cross promotion they were known for since the 80's

That's too much work, so no.

Alright well why don't you pretend to be a spunky but secretly emotional little girl vying for the emotions of a hapless young hunk, why don't ya?

Andre do you ever browse Sup Forums
I feel like he would but all of the racism drives him away, but he might secretly be our guy

ikr
youtube.com/watch?v=GZrIVtDhuWA

He lasted updated Clarissa specifically in 2011, he works on his other comics though. Are you confused user?

>They ran it into the ground, but they got it