The cartoon should of been like the movie. The movie was well written, great paced and had amazing cgi around the time...

The cartoon should of been like the movie. The movie was well written, great paced and had amazing cgi around the time. Also don't get me started on the acting, the actors for the movie was top notch. I hope they one day make a new Spawn film

Are you fucking retarded? What kind of brainless mongoloid would like that piece of shit movie?
>should of been
Nevermind...

>The movie was well written, great paced and had amazing cgi around the time.
lol to all of that except that one shot with Spawn's cape that actually was pretty great

The CGI has not aged well. Best thing about the film was John Leguizamo. Guy worked his ass off in that role. Reboot is never going to happen

>had amazing cgi around the time

Only Violator. Hell and Malebolgia were embarrassing (at one point you can see a demon doing a simple 'jump up and down' cycle, but then--without doing anything other than jump up and down--leap off a cliff).

The acting was the only good thing about the movie, and some of the practical effects

why didnĀ“t you like the cartoon?

Oh come on, you probably loved this movie before you saw the cartoon. The cartoon ruined spawn for me

I didn't like the cartoon either.

Spawn has always been edgy shit.

The movie is just okay. Does a nice job of stripping the story down to its basics. Good primer for those new to Spawn.

The cartoon does the same thing, but is good on its own, too.

Just simply awful,
>bad animation
>bad pacing
> was not true to the comics
> horrible acting
Just so much of it was awful the movie was literally the only thing good about spawn

>and had amazing cgi around the time
It didn't. Maybe you weren't old enough to know better, or maybe you weren't even alive when it actually came out and are just making assumptions, but it was not well done for the time. 1997 wasn't some dark age for CG where shit like that was cutting edge.

> First issue in 1992
> Movie 5 years later
Man Spawn was hot in the 90s.

>horrible acting
>Keith David
Kill yourself.

Kinda sad to see some of it now.

Remember when McFarlane Toys made more than just sports stars, The Walking Dead, and Halo?

Spawn was the comic character back then it was hip to like if you were over 13, these days capeshit and "geek chiq" is in, it wasn't always the case...if you wanted to like super heroes and not be considered a complete loser baby manchild it had better be SERIOUSLY BADASS, dark, serious, moody and edgy like Spawn

Indeed. I was 7 in 92 so through my childhood in the 90s Spawn was the shit. Or at least the art and the idea of him anyway...

>mfw Spawn was in Soul Calibur 2 and everyone was asking why
Spawn was not only born in the 90s, but he died there too

I dunno, I remember everyone I knew (late teens at the time) was hyped about Spawn being in that, also really into the Gamecube Spawn game that came out even though it was kinda shit

Maybe it's just because I hung out with metal heads, mallgoths, stoners, and other edgy fuckers, but Spawn never stopped being cool among most people I knew in my age group, but was unknown to younger kids coming up

Spawn hasnt been relevant in over a decade and for whatever reason faggots come out of the woodwork demanding him for Injustice 2. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!?

>WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!?

People in their late 20s and 30s. Likely the same people who still think Mortal Kombat rules, love Alien and Predator, slasher films characters like Jason and Freddy, etc etc

Netherrealm knows their audience

There is nothing wrong with liking Alien or Freddy Krueger.

Not at all, I'm just saying that it's unsurprising a game made by the makers of Mortal Kombat has a certain demographic, Mortal Kombat like those other franchises including Spawn was huge for kids who grew up in a certain era

90s Ghost Rider?

>The movie was well written

You know, every time I'm reminded of this movie, the first thing I think of is the chase scene where Spawn is on the motorcycle. Violator, driving a truck, pulls up behind him and honks the horn. Then, what witty quip, what clever one-liner, what amusing pun does he offer?

>Hey! Get out of my way!

Yeah, well-written, indeed.

I liked it

Clever to me