Is Superman stronger than

Is Superman stronger than...

-Brainiac?

-Darkseid?

-Mongul?

-Zod?

There are no power levels in DC only writers that choose the outcome and make characters to create conflict to keep an on going story going, in reality based on the creation of superman he is supposed to be the strongest race but that would be boring to just have him win every time since his creation and it wouldn't of made the money they wanted.

Zod would be the closest to his strength and probably the least used because nobody knows what to do with him.

Brainiac, Darkseid, and Mongul have all been explicitly stated or shown to be stronger than Superman before.

>Brainiac
There are a lot of Brainiacs (human, robot, "real", super "real") so there's clear answer.

>Darkseid
Superman is physically stronger but Darkseid's Omega Effect and the arsenal of Apokalips gives him an advantage. There's also the whole "destined to die fighting Orion" prophecy/plot armor (which was a plot point in Final Crisis and The Great Darkness Saga).

>Mongul
About even

>Zod
Zod is slightly stronger but is usually undone by his sanity/hubris/pettiness

>Brainiac
Supes is physically stronger, but Brainiac is still very tough and way more resourceful.

>Darkseid
Same as Brainiac.

>Mongul
A good match. 50/50

>Zod
Zod is a better fighter. Supes has a better understanding of their powers though.

>Brainiac
Stronger when disconnected from ship. Weaker when connected to ship.

>Darkseid
Weaker. Nu52 Darkseid solo the entire Justice League until they boomtubed him out of there. Their only solution for dealing with him was having Anti-Monitor fight him.

>Mongul
Mongul is a bitch. Was Sinestro's bitch and currently Cyborg Superman's bitch.

>Zod
About even.

Being Mongul is truly suffering.

That ass tho

Remember when he was Krypto's bitch?

>Mongul is a bitch.
Technically that's Mongul Jr. Daddy Mongul is the one who fought the JLA and nuked Coast City.

Isn't Mongul just Yellow Darkseid?

Mongul used to be a hell of a lot stronger
Now I think he's a fair bit weaker

I'm pretty sure Mongul explicitly mentioned nuking Coat City with Henshaw in Rebirth though

Hot damn, his brain definitely ain't his only asset.

Mongul really is a bitch. He barely won a fight with Arkillo, a guy who got the shit kicked out of him by a ringless Guy Gardner.

There's two Monguls. Mongul Sr. was a beast that fucked up Superman whenever they met. Mongul Jr. was a bitch that got punked by a wounded Sinestro.

Is that black mercy

Yes. First arc in Trinity

When did Brainiac get stronger than Superman?

Nice butt. Buttiac.

No

IIRC Brainiac had drained Superman's solar cells before this, at least to some extent. He's freaky strong but generally not stronger than Superman.

But his forcefields are stronger than Superman and can withstand pretty much anything you throw at them, including close proximity to nuclear detonations and regular bombs.

>Braniac
Superman should be stronger but Braniac has more resources

>Darkseid

Darkseid should be stronger, he's a god. Superman should be more resourceful though

>Mongul

Daddy Mongul should be slightly stronger, Jr. should be slightly weaker.

>Zod
Should technically be weaker (just) due to arriving on Earth as an adult. Clark's body has decades worth of drinking sunlight more than Zod. Zod however is a better, more highly trained fighter which should close the (minimal) strength gap.

>Feels like i'm thinking nothin' at all
>Nothin' at all
>Nothin' at all
Stupid sexy Braniac...

I agree with all of these except Zod. Supes has lost and regained his powers so damn many times at this point that a lifetime under the sun shouldn't be a mitigating factor. They should be on equal footing in terms of strength, but Zod should be a more strategic fighter whereas Superman is more familiar with using his powers tactically.

Agree with all the others, and especially with Darkseid. Mongul fights should always be about to go either way, but Supes should get utterly destroyed whenever he goes against Darkseid. Everyone quotes the world of cardboard moment, but they forget that that was literally seconds before Darkseid straight up put him down (and that was even after Darkseid had just come back from the dead.

Brainiac got dat CAKE tho. Gotdamm

I think a lifetime of being nourished under a yellow sun would give Clark very small edge. He'd be more familar with his powers. But imagine growing from infancy to adulthood eating nothing but meals that nourish you 100%, never getting sick, your body never having to heal injuries and your muscles developing to their absolute peak just from stepping outside.

For all we know, Zod might suffer from a kryptonian herpes outbreak every so often, or he might have broken his arm in his youth which then healed but now the bone is slightly weaker (by Superman standards), he might have other minor scars or injuries which might affect him to a minor degree. If he didn't actively work to keep himself in shape back on krypton, he'd have a layer of flab that Clark would never have had to worry about. Maybe Clark's cells store radiation better because he grew up doing just that.

Like I said, I think growing up under a yellow sun would be a minor advantage, an advantage so small that Zod's training would mitigate it, but that's my interpretation of it anyway.

I remember Mongul getting blown the fuck out by Bzzzd once, and Sinestro twice. I dont think he is that strong.

Superman is always exactly as strong as the plot needs him to be.

>Brainiac
Superman is stronger, but he can't penetrate Brainiac's force fields.

>Darkseid
Darkseid IS stronger - He does not cast a shadow, he IS the shadow.

>Mongul
Stonger but slower

>Zod
After all this time they should be at the same level

>Metallo
Without the Kryptonite Superman would defeat him fast, but with it he Corben is stronger. J.C. is still a superpowered Cyborg, stronger than Robotman - at the same strength level like Steel, but a bit more durable because he can't get a concussion.

>Parasite
Depends on his food

>Mr.Mxyzptlk
Beyond infinte strrength.

>Lex Luthor' Warsuit
Like Steel' Suit but with Kryptonite

>Doomsday
Stronger but slower

Mongul onlye ever bested Superman back in Warworld when Superman was weakened.