People here got upset about evil Christians in Castlevania...

People here got upset about evil Christians in Castlevania, but can you imagine the shitstorm if they did it like the Coppolla movie?
>Ottomans send fake news Drac died in combat
>Lisa an hero
>Drac goes berserk after being told she goes to Hell for taking her life

A catholic priest literally creates holy water, and the bishop doesn't even recognize the popes authority, believing he's able to overturn trevors excommunication

The church is not immune to evil men or evils influence. This is why Trevor asked for an actually ordained priest when he needed the holy water. The bishop was basically putting collars on criminals to help secure his seat of power.

To say the movie is out to get Catholics is silly, this coming from someone raised catholic.

Can you imagine the shitstorm if the series eventually incorporated Ecclesia?

What you say is true, but here is what really fucking bothers me
>Romenia
>Catholic

>implying you knew the brand of christianity of one particular easter european medieval region before googling it for this show

In this fictional universe, yes.

>wanting realism in a show about vampires

Wollachia and Vlad Tepesh actually existed though.

And vampires, wizards, and monster hunters don't. What's your point?

>And vampires, wizards, and monster hunters don't
Pic super fucking related

I played ecclesia the whole way through, but I have no clue what you're talking about.

does hunting turks count as hunting monsters?

Turks are not monsters user... they're roaches. To call them monsters gives them far too much credit.

Eh, that live action Dracula from a few years ago had the Ottomans as villains.
It even ended in a fist-fight between Dracula and Mehmed II. (Somehow still wasn't cool.)

And given how any news from Turkey these days is basically about how its slowly widdling away its own democracy, I don't think anybody would give a shit. It'd be like painting Syria in a bad light. Nothing any work of fiction can do is worse than the real life stories coming from there.

Jason Voorhess are Dracula, they kept coming back from hell no watter how did you kill em

You know, ACTUALLY, the demons shouldn't have been able to enter the church even if the priests or bishops were shitty, because even a shitty priest's blessings and sacraments are valid. It's not the priest himself who invests the church and the Eucharist with its divine power, it's God acting through him. Augustine talks about this. He compares it to how sunlight doesn't get dirty even when it passes through dirty water. Also, that church was probably validly christened with holy oils, so the demons really shouldn't have been able to get in.

but what if someone lies in the house of god? or God abadoned it?

>but what if someone lies in the house of god

That's not even a mortal sin, it's a venial sin and not enough to desecrate the church.

>or God abandoned it

God doesn't abandon the Church.

The order of ecclesia was a false church created by Barlowe. The only good wizards Christendom recognizes in the Castlevania universe are the Belnaldez/Fernandez family and Charlotte.

What is Romenia? This is Wallacia!

What about murder?

Not to support Warren Ellis in his caliphate-pleasing heresy. But at the times of Dracula, the eastern-european countries, church and lord alike, were pretty much playing out who could betray each other more time in a year. And betrayal is the sin of sins. It wouldn't be hard to involve the narrative that God's eyes have been closed to those who close their heart's eyes to God.

>People here got upset about evil Christians in Castlevania

Did people really? First the "happy holiday" cups and now this. Goddamn, why are religious people so easily triggered?

We're just tired of it happening so often.

>Goddamn, why are religious people so easily triggered?

because religious people arent thinking scientifically

God invented murder, and does it all the time. don't see why he'd have a problem with it.

Remember all those first-born sons of egypt he killed?

And god refuses to act through someone who turns his back on him

I think god knows a little better how his magic works than Augustine

idk, did people lose their shit when it was shown that Mother Teresa was in hell as a ghoul pirate captain?

>God doesn't abandon the Church.
explain haunted churches then

Is this going to be like when Hollywood uses a British character to be evil or a Russian? No one thinks every [insert attribute] character somehow represents everyone with the attribute, but for religion it's different.

>caliphate-pleasing heresy
Frog-poster, back to Sup Forums you go.

If anything this series was going too easy on the church. Not only did they really burn innocent people alive for "witchcraft", they did way worse.

Church is evil.
They had like 5 Medici family members as popes and hundreds in high clerical positions, just because money.

Institutional religion it's a business, not a charity or a social service.

A lot of the world is tired of religious wrongdoing

fpbp

>He compares it to how sunlight doesn't get dirty even when it passes through dirty water
But there is a limit to what sunlight can pass through, and water can get very deep.

>That time during the eclipse that Pope Francis had to save humanity without his powers, using only his will and wits
Dope pope, yo

With an extra, oppressed heroes are Muslims kkkkkkkkkkk, an animation that hates Christian in that level since Hellsing, and Hellsing has Nazi vampires

Lets not forget the time that the Borgia became pope

>people upset
shitposters are not people

Idk, academics are triggered really easily too.
Show a paper that goes against what someone said it was a rule in his masters degree or phd and that will very likely trigger his shit.

Get that traitorous pope off my screen.

He can beg and grovel and kiss the feet of invaders, but he shall not do it in the name of any God worth worshiping.

pretty easy to make a them vs us thing innit?

>want to watch a show about guy whipping vampires to death using the power of Jesus
>instead get the same old song and dance about "RELIGION IS CORRUPT"

History is rarely black and white. Vlad the Impaler is still considered to be a national hero in Romania despite his violent tendencies. His history was a clusterfuck of different vassalages, kissing one ass after another, being betrayed by different neighbours, being forced out of his kingdom and getting it back again.

>Goddamn, why are religious people so easily triggered?

Apparently their God is so weak that He can't take criticism. Happens a lot in Middle-East.

you seem awfully familiar with where reddit is

its just that some people will just come here to stir up shit, instead of being anything remotly productive.

>misconceptions
>critcisms.
It's the same reasons atheists shit the bed when someone talks shit about theyr scientists.

It's a cartoon thread what productivity can come out of it?

But user, God is weak... I defeated him myself.
But dont think that he is dead, I avoided his vitals.
He will forever live in the shame of knowing that he was defeated by a humble human, using only his great intelect and katana skills.

Thats like saying that anything productive cant come from reading a book and making an analysis out of it.

People debating the reality of a cartoon with vampires, shadow demons and magic is fucking hilarious.

Actually talking about the topic = productive
forcing rage = counter productive

cause creationists don't understand the scientific process?

Depends on the book.
What does discussing a cartoon produce exactly?

They created them to try and bridge the gap between god and man.

Eh, its nothing new. Hell, they have it even worse on /tg/ when they try to add asctual science to magical realms.
And again, sea water is not just water + kitchen salt! Merfolk cant make chemicals more easily because they live in a saline place,
merfags!

Fair enough. I know it comes with the territory. I just find it funny how upset people get over something that is not based on any type of reality at all. I think it comes with anything that can be related to 'nerd' (or whatever the fuck it is called now) culture.

>Depends on the book.
Good point, but its the same for other mediums.
I do think that Castlevania has a lot to be discussed, such as the animation, its influences, direction choices, voice acting, what does it means to the regular western animation, how it will impact netflix, why best boy Grant is missing and why this is bullshit, references, the idea of vidya adaptations in general, and so much more, eventualy leading to people actually learning new stuff or giving new insights on known topics.
But then again, I am very, very optimistic.

Ah well let me water down that optimism with telling you all that wonderful information will rot in Sup Forums archives and for other sites it's just going to go with pretentuous bs that wont move the discussion since they have turned into echo chambers.

Not only nerd culture, people do like to be smartasses that know how everything should be to be RIGHT, even in fictional mediums.

I know, but one can hope

Hoping is for rich people I don't have that luxury.

>me
>rich
Well, I do have lots of friends that love me.
Thanks, user!

>friends that love me
So you're weak and can't take responsibility for your self.

>if you aren't religious or criticize religion you are from reddit

fuck off. it's one thing to say you're superior/enlightened because you're an atheist or some shit, but recognizing the flaws of every religion is perfectly valid.

basically nothing humans do is exempt from greed, corruption and so on, and religion is no exception. the church might not be evil per-se but it most certainly contains some degree of "evil" people.

>Hoping is for rich people I don't have that luxury.
>takes red pill while tipping fedora and walks towards the horizon
>the wind blows
>it makes a sound, almost if it was saying~
>nothing personel, kid

Nice coping.

Careful with those edges, you might hurt yourself.
Play with this (you) instead.

Sure I can.

not me, but ok.

Being an adult is being edgy now that's funny.

Good for you then you have it pretty good.

Yeah, fucking jihadis

Yes religious wrongdoing that is mostly being done against other religions.

So, Adult with imaginary friend?