Despicable Me 3

I had no fucking clue that this movie came out just last month.
If anyone has seen it, how was it? Was it decent or as shitty as everyone would expect it to be?

>If anyone has seen it, how was it? Was it decent or as shitty as everyone would expect it to be?
It wasokay.

It was pretty alright. If you've seen the other two, it's a non-offensive if not spectacular follow up of that general thread.

The Villain was the best part. Basically Trey Parker doing his Randy voice for a living "I Heart the 80's" supervillain that manages to move at a brisk enough pace to keep from getting stale.

Balthizar Bratt had a neat style as a villain, but everything else was pretty much forgettable.

Seen it a week and something ago. I't s a pretty standard Hollywood cartoon: lots of pop songs, annoying cunts (minions), some dumb writing (particularly on Margo's "romance" plot), some okay jokes, some bad jokes,
It's meh.

It had way too many things going on. You had the main villain doing his 80s thing, you had the arc with Gru and his brother, you had the arc with Lucy learning to be a mom, plus the mini plots with Agnes and Margo, and the whole spiel with the minions.

Personally, I feel like you could have completely cut the plots with Lucy and the girls, and cut the minion scenes in half to devote more time to villainy shenanigans and the brotherly bonding arc and it would have been a much stronger movie.

Saw this sunday night. I really liked it. A decent story line with lots of 80's pop music, however the sexual innuendo is less subtle than it was in the first 2. And at 90 minutes I wish it was longer, but at least I get to see more Lucy. The weapons loving Edith is cool too.

Will probably see this movie again.

I agree with this, but I also know they try to have at least 1/3rd the movie dedicated to Minions for $$$ purposes and if they didn't include Lucy and the girls, people would've complained they were underdeveloped.

These characters don't lend themselves very well to sequels, much like Shrek. If you ever want to see them "growing" as characters, a TV series is much better for what is slowly becoming a bloated cast.

you mean his brother isnt the villain?

His brother WANTS to be a villain. He convinces Gru to go back to villainy, and so the two of them get to bond over that sort of thing. Because let's face it, even though Gru is a changed man, deep down, he still really likes being bad.

I think the best part of the whole movie was the end credits animation where the two of them did the whole spy v spy thing

Except that even with their appearances in the film, they STILL feel under developed. Literally nothingof value got accomplished. What was even the point of Cheese Boy? So that Lucy could tell off his mom? She already went mama bear in village tavern.

You're right, these characters need a show if they're going to do anything of value. There just isn't enough time for them all.

why the fuck is there a fat liquid snake on the cover?

It's good
Soundtrack is okay too, especially the credits theme

it was okay

Better than Cars 3?

>managed to avoid the relentless hype around the latest Minion extravaganza
Congratulations. Can I have the address of the cave you live in so I can move there too

There really wasnt that much Minionfaggotry this time regarding promotional material and merch. 2015 was a fucking nightmare

this is out?

i thought it was like Aug or Sept!

>particularly on Margo's "romance" plot
Again, does she at least get to keep him.

>3D Despica Recliners: The Movie

No. But he also wasn't designed to be a keeper. He was an unattractive loser who Margo only approached because Lucy felt bad for him and ordered her to do it.

Then, somehow we're supposed to cheer for her and Margo when the boy comes back and gets turned down and Lucy bullies his mother. I mean really, the whole thing was mean spirited. I felt bad for the little potato

Movie was decent and had funny moments. My biggest gripe was the fact they ruined scenes by having fucking Pharrell songs through out that didn't fit. I get it, he had a song in the first movie, you want to keep the tradition of having him do a song or two for the movie but the entire movie was his whiny mumble singing in the background.

Illumination is the king of "just ok", I've noticed. Basically all their movies are exactly average. What's up with that?

also why do they spoil the entire fucking movie in their trailers every time

Am I the only one who thought the ability of Bratt to emulate literally anyone was rather clever?

The plots went nowhere as they are resolved the most simplest way possible, too much plots at the same time, the villain was cool but you see him like, 15 minutes max? The brother plot was useless, and the whole "i get angry at my brother" was dealt the most unappealing way possible. Two of the minions who follow Gru aren't seen at all after 20 mins (like they disappear, never to be seen again), the whole minions plot was fucking useless.
You've got like one A plot (gru getting revenge on that balthazar bratt) and like 5 B plots (the minions in jail, the sister believing in unicorns, gru's brother wanting to become a super villain, the big sis getting married to a fat ugly kid, the mom trying to be a mom) It feels like it was written to be the tamest shit ever so it appeals to families, written by some execs who thing about money.
Overall the writing was nu-simpsons tier garbage. Thank god i didn't pay my theatre seat.

Utter garbage out of ten.

hmmmm...

so it's just like DM2

ITS CALLED ACTING!

And yeah, I gotta say, Bratt was a pretty fun villain. He was over the top and hammy, while still being effective and dangerous. He would have done well as a midlevel villain in a tv show. Not really scary enough to qualify as a "big bad", but certainly potent enough to pose a threat to the heroes

haven't seen it. But that movie i saw was garbage. Even for kids. Kids deserve better.

To think these people who made that shit worked on gems like the old asterix animated movies, it makes me sad. But when you know they animated this in a parking lot, it makes sense.

This, it felt like I was just watching a bunch of different kids TV cartoons smashed together into one movie theater. It was hard to even focus on the A-plot, since that had about 5 minutes of screentime.

I don't remember the first one being this bad, and I don't remember the second one at all.

Yeah, it was like they cut episodes of a tv show and mashed it together to form a movie. Like the donkey kong country movie, but worse.

You mean Thicquid Snake?

because they're equivalent of that cheap fastfood truck, selling the cheapest, passable things to oblivious normies.

It's sad that my 11 year old nephew let out an audible sigh every time a Pharrell song played. I could see a lot of parents and kids lose interest because it took them out of the scene.

>And yeah, I gotta say, Bratt was a pretty fun villain. He was over the top and hammy, while still being effective and dangerous. He would have done well as a midlevel villain in a tv show. Not really scary enough to qualify as a "big bad", but certainly potent enough to pose a threat to the heroes
Does make me wonder where El Macho would fall on the Scale of villainy.

...and also why the last two villains had Purple as theme colour.

It's okay. For the third installment of an animated trilogy, it's really good. They were smart enough to sideline the minions so they didn't get too annoying.

I'd say he qualifies as a first season big bad, or a later season midlevel

Vector is kinda an odd ball. I see him as a goldfish poop gang style recurring villain who pulls a heel face turn midway through the second or third season.

Purple has always been a pretty villain-y colour since it's a secondary colour and those are generally associated with villains.

Did the scientist guy quit (again) then came back in the end to save everyone

naw, you can watch ending on youtube. it's reverse of the trailer.

He doesn't appear in the movie because he......................Froze himself accidentaly...............

Also, the movie was FUCKING AMAZING. I just loved it. My girlfriend just thought I was going nuts from how much I liked it.
I really hated DM 2, but DM3 was just spectacular. I totally saw that ending coming.

No lol, the dude got put on the bus the entire movie

Man, the new Berserk looks great

Russel Brand wanted too much money again.

Sonic did it better.

>Played by Trey Parker

Does Trey Parker make the movie worth seeing on his own? Either way I'll wait until it's in the dollar movies.

>Metal Gear Solid

The best part was the credit 2D sequence with the Spy vs Spy stuff.

It's on purpose.

Their animation budget is cheap as shit and really shows in every movie, so as long as they make just "OK" movies that sell "OK", they make shittons of money because there's barely any costs to cover.

Check the budgets on their movies and the money they make back. Making mediocre movies is their actual goal.

I went in hoping he would, but he only gets 10 minutes of screentime.
His scenes are the only watchable ones.

That's the problem with putting popular music in your movies. It's better to aim for old nostalgic hits that are already timeless otherwise you end up with shit that was overplayed a few months ago and now no one wants to hear.Animation takes way too long to make to put current music in unless you pull a Trolls and make a song specifically for your movie.

There is a very high quality cam that you can torrent. The sound is an 8/10 and the image is also an 8/10.

The audio loses synce my a 1/10th of a second in the last 20 minutes and there is one scene where someone stands up in front of the cam. However, it is an unimportant scene to be sure.

Still beats how I saw it in theaters (tickets were $3).
Screaming children and crying babies out of every peripheral. Even they weren't captivated enough to actually watch it.

Let me guess, his brother is working for the main villain, which is why he wanted Gru to go back to villiany.

No, that would actually draw some semblance of connection between the plot threads.

The villain is just a baddie of the week, and he's never even set up as a threat to anything in particular.