It's a Booster Gold episode

>it's a Booster Gold episode
>Episode starts with Batman thinking Booster is a fucking retard

Why is this? Maybe I didn't read far enough into JLI, but I remember Batman fucking loving Booster right from the get go.

Like the only one Batman hated was Guy. He Respected Scott, J'onn, and Dinah and he really liked Booster and Ted

which green lantern is that again?

He's a gold lantern, obviously.

Batman has always appreciated Ted and Booster for being heroes (except when written by Johns). Idk about the episode I don't remember much about BatB, but not everything in the show is 100% comic accurate, just campy and overall representative of a more light-hearted time in the genre.

Johns literally did the story where Batman actually has hidden respect for Booster because he has hidden photos of the time Booster time traveled and tried to stop Joker from being crippled.

He co-wrote it with Jeff Katz. When Johns has complete control we've seen the kind of person his Batman is.

>being this new

go the fuck back to redddit

Booster is mostly remembered is a doofy buffoon, so that's how people write him. It's the same problem with Damian always being written as an insufferable little cunt. Nobody cares how they actually acted, it's all about distilling them down to their most basic and identifiable traits.

What makes Booster a good/cool guy?
All i know about him is that he's from the future and he's buds with TedBeetle.

He's a guy who admired the heroes of the past but utterly fucked up his own life in the future. He ended up as a security guard of a superhero museum, stole a bunch of their artifacts and went back in time to our present so he could be a hero in the here and now.

At first he was a bit of a glory hound in it for the money and fame but he mellowed out and grew into the mantle of ana ctual hero, albeit one who was only occasionally good at his job. Striking up the Bromance of all Bromances with Ted Kord helped a lot in that regard.

Then after Ted died and he was the only person who tried to help or actually believed in him, he fell off the rails pretty hard. He got into some interesting shit in 52 that only further tarnished his public image as a glory hound despite his good intentions, then he joined up with Rip Hunter to guard the Timestream from temporal threats that could unravel the universe. Unfortunately to maintain his cover and relative anonymity he has to continue the public image of a narcissistic publicity hound, ensuring he goes down in recorded history as a joke when in reality he's saved the universe multiple times. Also he actually ends up fathering Rip Hunter and founding the Time Masters in the first place but he doesn't know that at first.

Basically Booster's a complete fuck-up who tried to turn his life around and despite a lot of hiccups and pitfalls along the way, ended up becoming the greatest hero the world has never known.

What are some essential Blue and Gold readings?

Hack writers just like making Batman a giant asshole that doesn't trust anyone and gets btfo for it.

Johns also wrote Identity Crisis where Batman didn't care much about Ted's death and mocked Booster.

Jeez you don't read comicbooks.

1. Johns did not write Identity Crisis
2. Booster Gold did not die in Identity Crisis. That was Project OMAC
2. Johns did not write Project OMAC

>Blue Beetle did not die in Identity Crisis.
ftfy ya ass.

Justice League International, formerly known as the Justice League and I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League. Booster Gold (2007) in general. The one issue I can't remember where it was from where they steal J'onn's oreos.

What exactly is it about the booster gold/green lantern thing that makes you an oldfag, and why does building on it MAKE you a newfag

Booster Gold is a cool guy. It's a shame there has never been a Booster Gold fan to write an animated store for him. Writers just think of a character from Justice League Unlimited and write an episode based on how 90's kids perceive that character.

You guys are thinking about Infinite Crisis (Which Johns DID write). Identity Crisis was the one where Sue Dibny was raped by Dr Light and written by Brad Meltzer.

Diaper Truck

In the Booster Gold episode in Justice League Unlimited, Batman was a dick to Booster. I'm guessing they took the character dynamics from JLU rather than JLI.