He's basically a DC character in the Marvel universe, right?

Spider-Man still maintains a secret identity, he still wears tights. Those are largely hallmarks of DC characters right now and are eschewed by most Marvel characters at this point.

Additionally his abilities are absurd in comparison to his universe:

>Genius intellect
>Wall crawling
>Enhanced strength
>Enhanced durability
>Enhanced reflexes
>Enhanced balance
>Enhanced healing
>Limited precognition

Basically nobody in Marvel generally has the variety and power levels that Spider-Man has. He's pretty much identical to the exceptional gods-among-men style DC heroes. On top of that he has various personal issues, suffered from the dead parents meme and other things, he's basically a DC character in the Marvel universe.

Marvel really needs to bring secret identities and classic costumes back to its characters. Noobody gives a fuck when everyone is wearing civies or tacticool crap. And is Peter the only hero in the Marvel Universe who still has a secret identity? (Post-2011 affirmative action legacy characters don't count) It's just not cool.

Daredevil's identity is secret again.''

Also

>These characters don't count because I don't like them.

C'mon man...

Without mentioning the Omega levelers, there are multiple mutants who have the same or even more powers.

Also, you'd be hard pressed to name a classic Marvel character who STILL has parents.

Nah. Marvel is built on the characters created by Stan Lee, Joe Simon, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko. The little jihadist and Bendis' self-inserted kids don't count.

>Daredevil's identity is secret again.

What?

>Also, you'd be hard pressed to name a classic Marvel character who STILL has parents.
Almost none of them have it as such a central focus though.

>Clark: Muh space parents sent me here to do good things and muh earth parents are good folks.
>Bruce: Muh parents are DEEEEEAAAAADDDD!
>Diana: Muh mom made me from clay.
>Barry: Muh mom died and muh dad's in jail so now I'm a cop.
>Hal: Muh dad crashed in his plane.
>Arthur: Muh parents are bi-species and I don't fit in anywhere.

I wish Johns didn't do what he did to Barry's origin. Prior to Crisis, Barry's parents were both around and happy. Now except for the diversity hires, there isn't one hero with a couple of living parents. Even Richard Rider, who was the last one. They just had to kill off his dad when he came back.

His mother kind of dead? And left him when he is a child.

Kents should be alive too. One set of dead parents is enough for Clark.

>superficial hurrhurr
it's more that, because he's so great, marvel hasn't fucked him up and 'modernized' him like everyone else.
you're right though he has a fantastic power and toolset combo. that's why he's the best superhero.
but like a spider web, your argument just doesn't hold water. he's the marvel-est marvel of all because his life is full of shit. he STARTED that, building on what the FF started with 'we don't always get along'

if I was doing Superman it'd be set in the only the recent past (because let's face it everything sucks after the 90s) and instead of a kindly old couple finding him, the Kents would be a young teenage couple in the 20s or 30s. so when they suddenly had a baby they'd be mildly shunned by the community but it'd be understood how it was this secret, and at least Jonathan made her an honest woman. That way they could still be alive for a good long time in the continuity before it got awkward, and clark's farmboy roots would be honest got-through-the-depression shit and not what rural folk became from the 50s on.

>wears tights

DC characters mostly wear either armor, or some sort of super-dwarfstar-vibrainum-alloy suits nowadays.

Throw in Claremont and you got it.

Thor, a bunch of X-Men I guess, Miles, uh... Star Lord?

>he still wears tights
Well, if you wanna get technical his current suit is some kind of liquid armor thing. He isn't wearing spandex or anything like that anymore.

I was debating including Claremont, but I decided not to since his characters stem from Stan and Jack's and then I'd also have to include Len Wein, Roy Thomas etc.

That still doesn't disprove my point.

You're still going off your own preferences to discount characters that, like it or not, exist in Marvel.

Yeah that makes sense

You must not know many Marvel characters or something

This just shows that Spiderfags not only don't understand DC but don't understand Marvel either.

>claiming spiderman is overpowered

homeboy could die if someone just held down the trigger on an automatic firearm and he caught a bullet

>implying OP isn't just a cartoon/movie fag

He's not high concept, despite what Marvel is trying to push. He can't be distilled to a singular moment. He's a character that grew and evolved over time.

That alone means he's not really DC material. Now, you could argue Cap belongs at DC while Grayson is more Marvel-esque, but...