Green Lantern: Earth One announced

I guess we were due for another one

>DC Comics’ Earth One line of graphic novels continues to expand, this time into the far reaches of space with Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 1 by writer Corinna Bechko and writer/artist Gabriel Hardman with colorist Jordan Boyd.

>Earth One stories reintroduce DC’s greatest heroes like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in a fresh comic book universe unburdened with years of continuity, often significantly changing elements of each character to better modernize their origins and create exciting new tales.

>For Green Lantern, the story sees Hal Jordan re-envisioned as an astronaut who seeks the thrill of discovery, yet finds himself in an unfulfilling job prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic. His fortunes change when he finds a powerful green ring and learns that it came from the Green Lantern Corps, a group that was long ago murdered by killing machines called Manhunters. This sets him on a mission to reinstate the Corps, a nearly impossible task for the fearless Jordan.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/07/12/green-lantern-earth-one-makes-a-drastic-change-to-hal-jordans-tale-exclusive
youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=d9DUqjNMZ60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>“Approaching this as an Earth One story gives us the opportunity to go back to the core concept of Green Lantern and interpret it through the lens of a modern, grounded sci-fi story while still being true to the Silver Age roots of Hal Jordan,” Hardman said in a press release. “Having storyboarded Interstellar, this is an approach I’m comfortable with and have wanted to explore in comics. Realistic sci-fi is only the beginning of this story; we have something much more epic in store.”

>Whereas Jordan is usually depicted as a cocky, hothead test pilot, he’s now a scientist who yearns to make new discoveries, so how he approaches using the ring will be different.

>“Hal Jordan is a smart, capable person with a space and science background who has a lot of untapped potential even before he finds the ring,” Bechko explained. “That means he’s going to approach everything the ring does from the perspective of a scientist, but he’s going to employ it for action and adventure. The result for us as writers is the opportunity to fully embrace the science fiction aspects of the story in a way that would be impossible with a lot of other characters.”

>This is the latest collaboration from Bechko and Hardman, a longstanding comics duo known for their work on Star Wars: Legacy, Savage Hulk and Invisible Republic.

>Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 1 will release on March 20, 2018.

ign.com/articles/2017/07/12/green-lantern-earth-one-makes-a-drastic-change-to-hal-jordans-tale-exclusive

How is it that they announced aquaman and flash 2 years back but this gets released so quickly.

Cool! Is it coming on Oct?

Aquaman is delayed because Manapul is doing Trinity and they probably want it to come out with the movie.

JMS quit comics so I don't know what they'll do for Flash.

Oh wait, it's going to be March....

Still cool!

Morrison also was supposed to be doing Multivesity 2, starting with Flash. Nothing was heard of it since the announcement.
It's the curse of the Speedforce.

>JMS quit comics so I don't know what they'll do for Flash.
I reallllly hope they give it to another writer.

Superman Earth One was so disappointing.

Writer/artist any good?

Nice. I guess that's his costume though. Plus he is smart now.

So flash and aquaman are next. They probably will let Morrisons flash be the flash.

>They probably will let Morrisons flash be the flash.
I hope not.
I want a line of Multiversity Too instead of them just doing what they did with his WW OGN

They are really good and they both have experience with both classic and modern sci-fi.

Invisible Republic was some good yet under-rated political / sci-fi thriller and Hardman is a great artist who storyboarded Interstellar and Logan.

Noice!
We need some more GL (and Flash) OGN-s, those are really rare
Hardman is a great artist, haven't read anything by him or Bechko, but hope this user is right

>Hal Jordan is a smart, capable person with a space and science background
>in the same universe as idot Bruce
Oh my god
This is going to be magical

Was this Johns' plan all along?

Now I just hope that New Earth Hal and Bruce meet their Earth One counterparts.

This Hal sounds moe already

At the rate Earth One is going, expect the Justice League Earth One in like 10 years.

Depends. Or maybe jms still writing earth 1. It's was rumored to be about Barry who stands so still he can see and do everything faster. Like Hunters powers.

Here's what Morrison said about Multiversity Too:

>On finally telling the Flash story he’s wanted to write for a very long time:

>>[I’m] doing the Flash almost as a sci-fi story where it’s a guy getting faster. Really simple, a Richard Matheson idea like “Shrinking Man,” or Stephen King’s “Thinner” where you just take a really simple notion — bigger, smaller. This one, he’s someone getting faster. What does that mean? And seeing how The Flash would emerge from just this very simple scientist getting faster story. So I’m doing that, and to a certain extent it’s a revamp, but it’s happening outside the main continuity.

>On why Barry Allen:

>>I love Wally West, but this one I want to be Barry Allen. He fits in better. I like the idea of the police forensic scientist. And I know they’ve done a lot more of that in the recent [comics], but back in the day that was barely looked at. And I want to do the Iris relationship, the idea of this girl who’s like super fast in this city who’s obsessed with fashion and they all drink coffee. It’s just a fast city and [all that] information. And she can’t stop talking — like me, I can’t stop talking. And Barry’s this methodical guy and suddenly he’s like he’s on speed all the time and it’s just getting worse and worse and worse. And she’s kind of having to deal with her boyfriend who she quite liked as being the slow, methodical guy is suddenly turned into this pop star, this fizzing as if he’s on coke constantly. And there’s there’s also a tragedy of what happens as we start to approach the speed of light.

Earth 1 aquaman would have no boots or gloves.

I want JL:EO now for Batfag tears.

Well he did told Snyder that Lark/Duke is a good idea ant that he should keep trying to push it so yeah.

>Green Lantern: Earth One
>Metal and Dark Matter
>Batman: White Knight
>Superman: Agent of Batman
>Doomsday Clock
>Mister Miracle

How can Marvel compete?

Yeah, Morrisons the reverse of jms. A man getting so fast he is out of tune with the rest.

Scinfi horror.

>Corinna Bechko
Not familiar, better google.

>Mostly Image, Dark horse, and other decent sized comic companies
>Plenty of scifi and horror and capes
Could work.
>Miss Fury
Oh shit I really liked that. Fuckyeah I'm down.

>Hal isn't a dumbass anymore
This is like making Batman cheerful

I wouldn't say Metal is anything to get excited for.

Batman is a dumbass in Earth One so Hal not being a dumbass here fits.

I enjoy this "smart Hal" push

Oh fuck, is this real? I love the earth-1 series except WW. That cover art looks amazing and I like the whole smart guy persona they're gonna write for him, though I hope he is still reckless, him being really tactical was one of the reasons I liked JL;3K up to the part where they killed all the guys for that all Womyn team.

but user, WW has been the only good one

>except WW
niggers amirite

Ehhh, It feels like something I did read before, the Astronauta Trilogy of Graphic MSP...

+ Batman
I've still to read Superman: Earth One and I love JMS.

Couldn't get into it, Earth-1 Batman had the appeal of Bruce being a fuckup/ what a "realistic" Batman would look like and I liked Earth-1 Superman though I know a lot of people don't like how Clark's fucking a prostitute.
>Inb4 its cause Steve's a nigger.

>Batman White Knight
Shit tier writer
>Superman Agent of Batman
Max Landis can't write dialogue and the excerpt he released was atrocious
>Metal
There is nothing to compete with here

This is from a DC fan

I really love Superman Earth One.

Teen titans the first volume was trash.
WW the first volume was boring.
Batman the second volume was good.

But for me, the superman's ones were the best.

I also enjoy it

Hal is best boy

I actually really wanted to like White Knight but of course the writer's gonna shove politics into it.
Literally not even Sup Forums, I just hate when people shove politics into things that should be politically benign. That goes for both sides of the spectrum.

t. DC fan

Superman: Agent of Batman is the 2nd volume for American Alien, ain't it?

>>Batman White Knight
>Shit tier writer
Is it out yet/Who's' writing it?

Earths one is basically old earth 1 pre crisis meets ultimate marvel character flaws and updating.

>Is it out yet/Who's' writing it?
Sean Murphy, the artist
Wouldn't call him shit-tier, Punk Rock Jesus wasn't an amazing story, but it was okay at worst

I'd say Capullo's art is something
He is one of the best capeshit artists out there

That's a great definition for the earth-1 series, except for TT. I regressed it so hard I almost forgot about it.

Thanks user, is that the only elseworld where Bruce is a "badguy"? (Not including earth-3)

I guess he was an antagonist in Superman Red Son, but not really a bad guy?

He's a pretty horrible person in ASBAR

I like the Hawkman shilling.

Name one character who wasn't horrible in ASBAR?

Barbara

Alfred

Dick until Bruce tortured and probably molested him

Clark

I, joker. About good joker vs evil oppressive the bruce.

Tryant-batman in a annual for else world. He was going to gas people if they don't obey.

Read the box about oppression in this page.

I thought Earth-1 was supposed to be more traditional? This feels like a crazy elseworlds.

>Thanks user, is that the only elseworld where Bruce is a "badguy"? (Not including earth-3)

Earth-51 depends on whether you think Bruce's actions there after Jason was killed (basically killing all the villains and indirectly causing the superheroes to grow too complacent) makes him a "badguy".

And of course the upcoming Metals event or whatever it's called will have a bunch of evil Batmen.

>>Inb4 its cause Steve's a nigger.
You were the one who brought up the slurs, not us, chum.
Showing your true colors that soon, eh?

Arguably Hal

Wasn't Barbara that brace face kid who was running around fighting thugs and making her dad worry?

Alfred enables Bruce's fucking bullshit

Dick was an asshole and Dick turns into the Joker

and Clark is always a goodboy so that's cheating user.

Thanks user, will check it out.

I want to forget I just read the current Metal issue.

Elseworlds started the evil version thing. Vampire batman and evil civil war superman.

Before it was just earth 3 or other one off earths or villians wearing similar costumes.

>WW the first volume was boring.
Yeah! Wonder Woman needed to go around with a sword fighting monsters and snapping necks and shit!!
Faggot.

>Wasn't Barbara that brace face kid who was running around fighting thugs and making her dad worry?
Sounds like a typical teenager

Sup Forumsblr always gives itself away.

This looks like it has the potential for a really unique GL story.

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a name when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your name when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a name when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I don't know if I'd count I, Joker because even though there's an Evil Batman, regular Batman was shown to have existed in the far past. Evil Batman (and I think his predecessors?) were people who found Bruce Wayne was Batman and were basically tarnishing his legacy.

Nah. Earth 1 is about updating and give characters flaws.

It does retain the core earth 1 characters being used and the old hard science. Pre crisis the guardians sent the magic of the Earth 1 universe to the earth 2 universe.

Post crisis dc to up is more magic based because it is a merged universe retaining earth 2 elements.

Still has evil and good reversed.

I forgot about evil batman and the evil superfriends.

This too.

There's also another one ehere evil batman and evil catwoman had a kid

>Hal is an astronaut
>Goes looking to reignite the corps

I hope this just goes full circle and ends up being like the Lensmen with Hal being their version of Virgil.

morrison did this with santa klaus and it was miles better than his wonder shit.

Also earth A. Where earth 1 Johnny thunder changed earth 1 into earth A.

The lawless Leauge.

>Batman: White Knight
>thinking it will anything other than the faggiest of hot garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=d9DUqjNMZ60

>t. teenager
Come back when you're old enough to post in this site.

>wah wah I cant accept that morrison did a shit job and even when what I dislike was better than what we got
>wah wah other authors did a better WW in almost the same year
>wah wah le reddit, comblr, tumblr, teenager

ye ye, sure mate.

Seems like a combination of Hal, John and Kyle into a new character.
Ready for a look at DCEU Hal, guys?

>shit job
One of the most critically acclaimed OGNs of the year, but sure, it was a "shit job" because some random shitposter in Sup Forums didn't like it.

>Hal, without his retardation but sadly also without his cockiness and hotheadedness
>modern, realistic sci-fi
>supposedly good writers

I'm so ready for this

That one was kinda interesting in that millennia later people misremember legends and in this one Bruce and Selina's son is Dick and Joker is a police commissioner. And then Dick betrays Bruce and Selina because they're criminals. After they die he becomes Nightwing.

Honestly I kinda liked earth one Superman even if it wasn't that good we I liked what it did with the characters but making Lana a prostitute was kinda stupid Lois basically being Gordon was fun

Nah. Dc doesn't do synergy unless it's taking a item like kryptonite from radio shows or cartoon characters like livewire and quiin.

This one is where batman is a fascist. Even tries to talk to his dead parents about gassing gotham to purify it.

Way before cap hydra.

Oh shit, I forgot about that one.

Hal was good in ASBAR, just kinda dumb

Bruce even flips out about how he's nearly killed a good man when Dick nearly kills Hal

looks like christian bale batman

That cover is fucking dope.

Hal, Barbara, and Clark.

Alfred is not horrible in that he does the bare minimum of clothing and feeding the 12 year old.

And Dick wasn't horrible until issue 9.

>For Green Lantern, the story sees Hal Jordan re-envisioned as an astronaut who seeks the thrill of discovery, yet finds himself in an unfulfilling job prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic. His fortunes change when he finds a powerful green ring and learns that it came from the Green Lantern Corps, a group that was long ago murdered by killing machines called Manhunters. This sets him on a mission to reinstate the Corps, a nearly impossible task for the fearless Jordan.
Ok, this seem interesting enough for me, Hal as the torch bearer.
>Whereas Jordan is usually depicted as a cocky, hothead test pilot, he’s now a scientist who yearns to make new discoveries, so how he approaches using the ring will be different.
Now Hal as a scientist is something really new.
However I hope to see Hal paired with Sora instead of Carol.

>not Sinestro

pleb

>mfw earth one portrayed my favorite villain perfectly

Earth one covers have all been amazing

>Hal not a cocky hothead
Aww. I was really hoping this would end up being done by King too.

I'm still excited for this though, it seems like a cool team, and more Silver Age sci-fi Green Lantern is more than welcome.

But Hal wasn't smart pre-crisis. Hell, he was even more of a fuckup.

Thats why i said update. No where it won't have fuck ups like hal sucking with girls.

They're turning him into reed richards.

Hal was actually incredibly smart when the plot demanded it. It's just that the plot also demanded him look retarded to get the story rolling.

E1 is Ultimate DC.

Cmon he's supposed to be an astronaut now.
It means he's smart, but he's not gonna fucking write whole universes smart. At most it'll feel like Barry Allen science with Hal Jordan bravery.

>Earth 1 Hal will be the love child of Barry and Hal I've been waiting for.
Oh yes I'm ready to fap at GL-flashfacts

Stop shilling your shitty ship you piece of shit

shut up, ultimate DC is Supreme Power.

Reed went to space. In a astronaut suit. The writer said hard sci then blown out comic science.

No.

There's no traditional line. No company ever put out out a retro imprint line.

It's updated, easy to read, character flaws to the max.

It's Ultimate meets pre crisis earth 1.