Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

My Lucyfagness is completely cured now, thanks Taeshi

I honestly thought this chapter couldn't get worse... alas.

Tae, we already know she's your self-insert, no need to rub it in.

This explosion of shitty animu comedy is intended to disguise the fact that Paulo's attraction to Lucy was just thrown away to no dramatic effect despite hanging around in this comic for dozens of chapters.

Is she fucking hitting him
Parasite speech from Paulo when

One page left.

This is it. I can't watch. It's been nice, guys, but my bullshit tolerance level has been reached, for now. I'll check in in half a year or some shit to see how much things devolved past this point. But when I hate every character but Sandy (who is only redeemable because Tae hasn't had the chance to ruin her yet), I see no point in continuing.

Go in peace. Blessings of best cat upon you.

>years of comedic hitting
>followed by years of awkward deconstruction retconning said comedic hitting was bad
>back to comedic hitting

An entire page dedicated to

EXAGGERATED

ANIME

REACTIONS O////////O

LOLSORANDOM XD

Come the fuck on, how are people supposed to like Lucy if you keep portraying her this way

And I guess Paulo is just totally over her now

Years of affection gone, his Lucy disease is cured so now he can be available for the (totally not forced) PauloxDaisy endgame!

Kill me

How could anyone not think Lucy's behavior is repulsive?

I actually want her to get BTFO now. She earned Mike's anger in "December" but I still felt a little sorry for her. This time I want her to explode.

Was it rape?

All this came to nothing at all.

It was accompanied by the animu, so go figure.

>I am a hopeless autist so obviously I should be giving other commands about how they regulate their own social lives

>TFW Mike was right

I hate her

Some jewels from the Facebook page:

"Oh no. Please don't tell me we're doing the abuse = comedy anime thing."

"Seriously Lucy? Seriously? Paulo shouldn't be BULLIED into going to a party and giving up a shift at work! It's just a party, it's not the end of the world if he misses it! A bit hypocritical of Lucy as well seeing as she's also not going"

"Also really? The fuck is Lucy trying to gain by forcing Paulo to go to Daisy's party? She's already ripped out his heart and stepped on it. Is she trying to use it for a bonfire or something?"

"I'm so confused about this comic. Is this actual violence or slapstick humor? I can't tell anymore."

"I find it kind of ironic and confusing that this is happening right after not one but two individual talks about treating people better."

They're alienating the audience most symphathetic to their crap. How can Suitcase keep up?

For a second I thought you were talking about bagman.

But is the execution worth it?

>They're alienating the audience most symphathetic to their crap. How can Suitcase keep up?

Time to prod the cattle to the herder gets trampled.

Being Paulo is suffering
Honesty she doesn't deserve him

When even people on Facebook notice bad, inconsistent writing, you know things are in the gutter.

Am I supposed to be laughing? Horrified? I don't know.

>reminder than this panel took place the same day as today's comic

Paulo isn't inlove with Lucy. He's inlove with the idea of her.

Don't worry, people are still trying to justify this dumpster fire.

"Relax, Lucy's not dishing out bloody noses. For pity's sake, Paulo presumably got a bloody nose from her at that game of DODGEBALL and there wasn't this much freaking out. Chillax!

As for these two, I still say that they care about each other - after all, no one is calling the other a heartless parasite or emotionally shutting down. This is a totally different dynamic, and I think Lucy sees that. As much as she likes Paulo and enjoys hanging out with him, she's being honest about her past AND current intentions, and she's not about to lead him on.

Nor is she about to let him jeopardize his friendship with Daisy, or this chance for him to enjoy himself over the weekend instead of moping at work.

Paulo and Lucy have always been open, and more than a little chaotic, with each other. As long as they're both relatively cool with it, then let 'em be!"

Before Billy Bag accuses us of "projecting into the alpha" and being salty about vicarious rejection the problem is the time and effort this comic spent on Paulo's feelings for Lucy going from a middle-school crush (where he seemed unbothered by her obvious preference for Mile) to an intense adolescent attraction only to be ditched in two pages and then ignored in favor of some other plotline that came from only the last chapter, as if that were more important and interesting than the longtime prime motivation for one of the main characters of the series.

Lucy not really wanting Paulo fits well with what we've seen before and him having to deal with that could be interesting, especially considering the things he's given up in pursuit of her. But to just kick it out of the way in a chapter that's mostly just recap? Who could be satisfied by this?

The trash who reads this comic because they think it's actually good and not because they've invested too much time into this to just drop it.

You better explain your copout excuse unless you wanna be accused of being bootyblasted bogan or a certain autist artist.

See The point isn't that PauloxLucy should be endgame, it's that to terminate the plotline this way renders hundreds of pages and years of updates meaningless.

Agreed user I just can't read it anymore

TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

Look, we've all tried to justify this comic, alright? "Paulo's in love with the idea of Lucy instead of Lucy, Mike's in love with the idea of Sandy instead of Sandy, Lucy's trying to push people away." We've heard it all before, people in the threads still do this, we get it.

NONE OF THIS MATTERS if the execution is shit. You can throw around all the themes and messages you want in your story, but if the execution isn't engaging enough-or if it completely shits the bed and becomes inconsistent-then it's meaningless.

At this point we're just making excuses, doing what the writer THEMSELVES should be doing.

This is becoming too out of character. it's really bugging me

I understand why people looked forward to Lucy's return, because the Paulo Show was stupid as fuck. But holy shit.

Mike was so fucking right it's not even funny.

Sticking with this comic has paid off; it's become a proper garbage fire.

Paulo is a prick and I've always hated Pucy, but I can't disagree with a single thing you've said. This is just awful execution. I have no idea why Taeshi is writing a drama comic but feels the need to transition away from drama and to weeb comedy with such blinding speed. It's like she's trying to avoid doing the one thing everybody reads this shit for.

She's slapping him in the eighth panel, right? Has she really not learned anything? I guess she's only not okay with hitting people when Mike's around to see her do it. I've said it before, it seems like she has an extremely shallow understanding of what went wrong in the Mike situation.

I want to believe. It could be a decent comic, user; it used to be. It only lacks the effort to show the way.

i don't read this, why is it so important to go to the party?

I don't care about any pairing in this shit show, it's just obvious. He made up a fantasy in his head then whined like a little bitch when she made him face reality.

My guess is that there's a lot of projecting with Paulo and Lucy.

direct your attention to

>bagman realizes he's losing control of the fans

>FACEBOOK IS FAILING

MIKE WAS RIGHT

MIKE WAS RIGHT

MIKE WAS RIGHT

Miss him yet?

you are well aware your argument can easily be used with any pairing?

And I'm questioning your reasoning because you seem to indirectly believe this garbage dump inferno of a plot and character development seems like a good idea.

It's very telling when many agree this shift in tone is weird as fuck.

She's straight up assaulting him though.

Mike isn't in love with Sandy. He's in love with the idea of her

It isn't :/

No, you kitty kooch kisser

>She's slapping him in the eighth panel, right?
I think he's supposed to be trying to run away to avoid her (just and authoritative) commands. That's idiotic but Paulo's brain tumor has regressed him to the maturity of a grade-schooler and also lol animu.

She is shoving him against the cage in the last panel, though.

This is my default reaction image when something really stupid happens. I just can't with this chapter anymore, someone really needs to slap some semse on these two idiots before it's too late. Are these pages even connected? Are we missing stuff behind the paywall? I can't even.

Fuck.

I started betterthread

The last few pages were Lucy beating Paulo over the head that she wasn't the nice wilting flower who wanted him, but an abusive cunt who only wanted to use him because another cunt didn't want her. Heb didn't see her for who she really was.

Either you really wanted them together or you're projecting yourself hard on Paulo here. This rejection was long overdue.

No reason other than to avoid hurting the feelings of a special snowflake

>kitty kooch kisser
O-oh my!

>"Uhh...yeah user, this comic is shit! I agree with you!"
>"here's why it's not tho"

Abbey wasn't in love with Daisy, he was in love with the idea of her.

Augustus isn't in love with Daisy, he's in love with the idea of her.

Jessica isn't in love with Clamdiving dykebitch, she's in love with the idea of her.

Daisy isn't in love with Mike, she's in love with the idea of him.

>people didn't like it because it wasn't how they wanted it to end
Go back to 2010, Mass Effect 3 shilling!

>Jessica isn't in love with Clamdiving dykebitch, she's in love with the idea of her.
Isn't this practically canon anyway?

>i-it was just comic relief guys
>s-she wasn't really abusing him haha

Lol

If the narrative accepts that Lucy truly is a despicable cunt then this will be retroactively good. But we all strongly suspect otherwise so holy shit this is fucking terrible writing in general.

>You know something's gone horribly wrong when the unyeilding loyal fans on Facebook start calling you out on your shit writing

I didn't think Pucy fans would be so anally devestated over Lucy being a twat

You got access to some insider info us "normies" ain't allowed to see or you're just counter-projecting?

Also maybe you should go damage control the social media outlet's instead, even most of the sheeps seems to think this shit's retarded yo.

This chapter is the absolute worst in every possible way
I mean, holy shit. This isn't even raw garbage anymore. This is just shit. Raw shit. Raw bittersweet cat shit in a candy bowl

I seriously can't tell if this page is supposed to be comedic or not thanks to the exaggerated faces, but it feels like a huge tonal shift from most of the recent ones. So why the heck does she suddenly REALLY want him to go to that party? I don't think people really act this way in real life unless they're mentally handicapped.

The only possible way to redeem this chapter is if she, like, accidentally pushes him out of the Ferris wheel cart and has to dispose of the body.

Make it a true shitty teen soap.

You're mistaking people accusing Taeshi for wrecking a ship in a unbelievable lazy and stupid way that's grossly OOC, for people blindly defending a ship.

That's how you'll be used as a useful idiot.

Maybe it has something to do with her gift to Daisy? Maybe she wants all her friends there to see it?

Or maybe Tae is on the verge of another meltdown and is trying to channel that through the comic.

This entire chapter has been a series of tone shifts. It's like watching someone who's bipolar go through their period

This, never shipped Pucy once and even I think this is unfair and stupid.

>tfw some user's rewrite is better than the real thing

>even most of the sheeps seems to think this shit's retarded yo
I want everything to burn.

This comic may be shit and full of literal homofaggots, but lets appreciate the fact that we dont have any fucking trannies in bcb

SHUT IT DOWN

>Maybe it has something to do with her gift to Daisy? Maybe she wants all her friends there to see it?
Hey, that would actually be an OK turn.

It's gone seriously bad when that's the only highlight.

>we don't have any fucking trannies in bcb
Yet. Are you guys ready for the 'Amaya is trans' episode?

Were did this even cone from?

No, she could've just said she'd go with him, but have some important family matters so she'd leave early, and that she's still uncomfortable around greyboy.

There, there's added drama AND a more sensible plot.

Can you please rub two brain cells together and actually not feed trolls?

Give it time. Remember when they pushed Paulo for the gay

can you stop please

Go readjust your dilations, faggots

Amaya's unfortunately probably the best candidate. But speaking of theater employees, wasn't that one dog gal Paulo hit on supposed to be trans before the Tumblr fans went nuts?

How about she tries to bully Paulo into going but he DOESN'T act like a toddler and refuses to be pushed. Then she suddenly offers to be there to get him to agree. Then she just doesn't go.

>You can throw around all the themes and messages you want in your story, but if the execution isn't engaging enough-or if it completely shits the bed

You hit the nail right on the head. I've been in these threads trying to justify Lucy's shit (and Paulo's for that matter), in hopes that Taeshi's playing the long-con for some dramatic reveal to confirm our hopes/suspicions, that deep-down all this stupidity is just a front for something deeper. But it's not. It's all just executed so poorly.

Like, I -think- I see what the "intended" message is here: "Lucy's being a better person by recognizing she had led-on Paulo, and is being honest with him, even if it hurts his feelings no, it's better for him in the long run." and "Lucy also cares about Daisy, and wants to make sure Paulo's still there for her during her birthday, even if she can't be there herself." but "Lucy's still her abrasive self, so she'll still joke around, and do slapstick jabs, and her usual 'tough-love' act that everyone can easy see through." But it's just done so sloppily, there's no believable transition in tone. It goes from super-serious to super-anime-overreactions back to super-serious again.

That, and the bobble-heads just make me illogically hate everything they say even more. When that user came in posting the head-edits recently, I was surprised how much less enraging the dialog became. But maybe that's just me. It's still fucking terrible.

No, it was the Tumblrites who demanded she be a tranny.

She was just some rando, like that black cat Paulo flirted with by the lockers laster chapter.

>So why the heck does she suddenly REALLY want him to go to that party?
Really dumb shallow reason: she still cares about Daisy and knows she'd be upset if Paulo wasn't there and she values Daisy getting what she wants over Paulo wanting to stay away.

Unsettling reason: she has this built up image of her group of friends being perfect and unworthy of her and she wants to maintain that image by forcing Paulo to go.

Likely reason: DUDE PAULOXDAISY XD

Interesting reason: there's something about her gift she wants all of her friends to see.

If she does that to Amaya Im dropping the fucking comic
If anyone gets the trannyshit treatment it should be sue because she's unlikeable as fuck

In that case he could be waiting outside her house for her.

No Lucy? no party, and maybe calling job if it's OK he still shows up.

Is this why she's doing this? Because even she knows Mike was right?
Then why is she being a huge cunt to Mike?

Isn't this comic still taking place in 2008-09?

I graduated in 2016 so I wasn't a high schooler at that time but I feel like having an openly trans character in what I presume is small town America would be a bigger deal than what I presume making that character trans would be.

But then again there's been no mention of the Recession or whatever so I guess it's only a period piece because it's been dragged out so long.

I guess we should have expected it when Rachel's increasing love for Paulo was thrown away in two page.

What else will be sacrificed to the New Order (i.e. animu shite)?

>a transexual storyline taking place in high school in 2008
Hmmm I dunno'.

She can be molded and diversified by Taeshi's whim and it can all be waved away by, 'This was always her character, she just never got an opportunity to show it'.

>If anyone gets the trannyshit treatment it should be sue because she's unlikeable as fuck
Female to male Sue wouldn't even be hot, which just makes it worse. At least girl Mike is attractive.

>it comes out that Sandy was trans all along
>Mike made out with a chick with a dick
Would Mike have a trans panic and curb stomp Sandy? Would he be in the right?

Must be really great sitting in a carriage adjacent to these two fucks, jesus christ