>The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is required reading for crew members

I'm pretty excited.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w
youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Required reading
>Kids are still rebooted to QuackPack-tier writing

I'm betting they're gonna be the weakest part of the whole show.

>I'm betting they're gonna be the weakest part of the whole show.
They're often the weakest part of the comics too, so that shouldn't really come as a surprise.

How will they read it when it's been out of print for fucking ever?

Disney probably owns some copies of one of their most famous comics ever.

But with the few clips they've shown, it looks like the kids are the new protagonists with Scrooge as a side character, rather than the reverse. It looks like they want to make this Gravity Falls 2.0 by copying the Twins-and-Grunkle formula.

>Gravity Falls 2.0
Does that mean that Webby is going to be the worst thing to happen to the show?

Oh, I know that they'll be the focus point, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised if the show is boring, or even bad, because the good characters are relegated to minor roles.
I hope I'm wrong though.

to be fair the personalities they've given the nephews seem to be pretty different then what they had in quack pack
they've pretty much swapped Huey and Dewy (making Huey smart and Dewy outgoing) and Louie has gone from being really into sports to seemingly being really into just chillin' i.e. taking a lot of naps and eating a lot of junkfood and shit.

I think Disney is just marketing it that way to get Gravity Falls fans on board. The actual intro to the show seems more Scrooge focused.

youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

hard to say, but it'd be appropriate since she WAS the worst thing to happen to the original show until Bubba Duck

It'll be better than the old one but no one will admit it.

i don't even care about the old show, i liked the comics way better

Literally been reprinted last year by Fantagrahpics you fucking idiot.

YOU GUYS ARE THE FUCKING WORST. YOUR GODS ARE A LIE! FUCK YOU! FUCK Sup Forums AND FUCK Sup Forums!

When all is said and done I think it will be
comics>new show>old show

It looks to me that we'll have both. Kids' episodes where they'll have to, who knows, maybe don't let their impatience get over them, while Scrooge ones will be about "once and adventurer, always an adventurer".

I'm really hyped for this show, but I think it will kinda fail the expectatives. I'm hoping for an 8/10, but we'll end up getting a 6-7/10. Still good, but not so good.

Never watched the old show. Never read the comics. What are the chances I'll enjoy this one?

Let's hope that she never goes full Mabel. In fact, let's hope that no character in any show goes full Mabel from now on

>tfw dd's adventures without uncle scrooge don't get enough love and probably won't be ever adapted in any shape or form

You like adventures for gold and treasure, kind of like Indiana Jones? With any luck, new show will be like that.

They're really good in the Barks stuff, they're classic foils for donald

>, it looks like the kids are the new protagonists with Scrooge as a side character
That is absolutely not what I saw at all

Do you like pure unbashed ADVENTURE with possible story arcs?

Then you'll be fine

And yet they still have Obvious Girl Power shit like Beakly and new Webby.

I've asked this before but why do people seemingly always ignore the rest of Rosa's duck comics? I get it's really popular but nothing but life and times is ever brought up with rosa, his catalog isn't as big as barks i know but theres a ton of good shit in there. You can't even bring up t being oop because the don rosa library has been getting put out for like 2 years now

I'm not even going to give you a (You).

But you just did.

They're just as adventurous/"badass" as the male characters, you're just seeing them as "girl power shit" because you're so used to girl characters being the useless wining ninnies that ultimately drag the show down.

Fuck having characters that aren't up for adventure in a cartoon taking its cues from classic Scrooge adventures.

>They're just as adventurous/"badass" as the male characters

Except Beakly is looking to be the single most toughest character in the whole group while not even Gizmoduck when he's competent is anything like this. And Webby is shown as being more capable than the boys because she gets them to fall in her traps and in one short beats up one of them because he beat her to the punch of eating a cookie. So yeah, Gynocentric shit as per usual from Disney.

Disney The Vagina Company.

Because most american Duck fans only care about "muh feels" and "muh entrepeneurship", so stories in which Scrooge is not dicksucked or even *gasp* mocked fly right past their heads.
Same reason there are still people in the year of our Lord 2017 that think Don Rosa is better than Carl Barks. I've seen them in this very board and to this day I cannot wrap my head around it.

>because you're so used to girl characters being the useless wining ninnies that ultimately drag the show down.

Have you been living under a rock? The standard has been Unrealistically Competent Females and Bufoon Dumbass Males for like 20 years now. Fuck you for lying. Everything is politically correct and as far as twat characters go, the 90s Gurl Powah wave was the beginning of this change for twat characters.

It's how we got Sally Mary Sue Acorn from Sonic, original Lola Bunny (who is still an untouchable piece of shit in the new Looney Tunes Show), and just about every single Boys Vs Girls episode where it must be decreed by the law that boys must LOSE. A cliche that still continues, Teen Titans Go being the latest piece of shit to regurgitate it.

So for lying? Fuck you.

A Matter of Some Gravity will always be my favourite. It was just a fucking blast to read as a kid, the shifting perspective as the gravity changes was fun and the problem-solving was great. In an odd way it kicked off me appreciating the architecture of rooms.

>Waaaah waaah why aren't they pandering to ME! WAAAH

You sound like a bitch, don't worry. Having male genitalia doesn't mean you're a man. You're a sub-human lesser male, but not a man. Either that or you're a twat. Either way fuck you.

I always preferred Don Rosa because of the art-style of his stories. Even before I learnt how to recognise the name of artists/authors I learned to know that when I saw that art I'd be in for a good adventure without any halfbaked or done-a-million-times story. The number of times I had to read about Donald and Gladstone having a contest in luck or bad luck with art that looked like they'd traced other Donald Duck comics...

Funny thing is Don Rosa didn't even have any training to become an artist.

well, they know who has all the money.

Shit, really? Then how the fuck did he manage to make all his ducks look so on point all the damn time? So many other duck artists just couldn't get the hang of the shape of them so they'd vary in quality, and they couldn't move out of using the same two angles or the beak perspective would be all kinds of fucked up. And that's not getting into the backgrounds that could just be a monotone colour with some of them.

He has a background in architecture and technical drawing is why

And a huge boner for Carl Barks

Background from underground comix, and started by pretty much literally tracing Barks (read his first stories, pretty noticeable) until he got used to the characters.

why is donald the only one that sounds like a duck

how do ducks sound, anyway?

Like Donald.

His first story, Son of the Sun, was made by literally tracing the characters from older Barks stories. And yet the writing was so damn captivating that I never noticed until it was pointed out to me.

Dude should create his own series if he doesn't want to write Duck comics anymore. His writing style in general is very impressive.

They've said that the main plot of the season is finding out why Scrooge and Donald had a falling out.

He has some underground comics that fantagraphics had put out long ago, I'm pretty sure as of now he simply can't draw anymore because of health issues which is a shame since even barks was doing duck paintings and illustrations in his twilight years

He can always just write stories and have another person illustrate them. Hasn't he always hated his own artwork anyway?

He's also stated he really just doesn't want other stuff. His previous comics were basically Scrooge McDuck comics in disguise, and now that he's stopped at first due to his disgust at Disney and later due to health, he's stated he just doesn't care to make more stories. When people ask "why not make your own characters again?" he just says "because I never wanted to be a comic book author, I wanted to make Scrooge McDuck comics".

Which of them going to get the girl?

Yet he is the freak with throat defect in his universe

Well if he personally has no interest in creating a new series, then that's his choice. It's just a shame because he has so much talent that isn't being utilized. He has the recognition to start an indie series or go back to Disney anytime he wanted to.

>He has the recognition to start an indie series or go back to Disney anytime he wanted to.
Sure. Thing is, again. He doesn't care to start a new series, and he actively doesn't want to go back to Disney. They'd probably love him back (or rather, Egmont would- Disney doesn't do Disney comics), but he refuses to after feeling slighted in his rights with reprints.

There's also at this point, as said, the question of his health. He had one eyelid pretty much almost literally fall off his face. He can't draw much at all nowadays without having to put the paper right to his face and closing one eye. He could write for others, sure, but while he doesn't like his art much, he's also very possessive of his stories- much in the same way he's rarely drawn others' scripts, he doesn't want others to draw his. His only exception would be Marco Rota, whom he's mentioned if he had to collaborate with someone, Rota'd be his choice.

Disney fucked him over a lot when it came to paying him for reprints and collections of his work, it's why this current Don Rosa Library is so big because he's directly involved

That's why I can never really take Rosa seriously-for all his skill and talent, he's way too much of a fanboy. Barks never took the characters as sacred as Rosa did and it shows on the creative flight of the comics themselves.
At the end of the day Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is just well-polished fanfiction, and it reads like it, down to the "oh man look how much of a badass Scrooge is" moments.

>I get it's really popular but nothing but life and times is ever brought up with rosa

It is pretty fucking popular, as in popular enough that there is a fucking concept album based around it.

Will it be Keno?

As long as the girl duck isn't annoying in this iteration I'll be happy.

You've never heard a fucking Duck before?

"woof"

This whole show looks a lot like the William Van Horn DuckTales stuff which was always pretty underrated

This is a prime example of what nobody gives a fuck about.

There's actually one story that I will recommend if anyone's interested. It's the one called "Guardians of the Lost Library". Find it somewhere either online or as a physical copy.

You will not regret it.

>It looks like they want to make this Gravity Falls 2.0 by copying the Twins-and-Grunkle formula.

I'd much rather it be Venture Brothers with Brock Beakley.

>You, uh, you sure you know how to fly one a these, Ms. B?
>THEY. HIT. ME. WITH. A. TRUCK.

It means that the ending will be rushed.

>tfw never read the comics
Is there an archive online where I can view them? Because I'm sure to buy them from eBay or some shit would be way too expensive.

You can read tons of random issues on readcomiconline. You can use the Inducks index to choose stories based on authors, characters, etc, then see what US issue it was published in, and see if readcomiconline has scans of it.

Fantagraphics puts out two or three big hardcover volumes of Barks and Rosa Duck comics every year, they're $20 a pop and worth every fucking penny.

But you can just do this, that's the first place I read Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

>huey louie and dewey have different appearances

>from being really into sports to seemingly being really into just chillin' i.e. taking a lot of naps and eating a lot of junkfood and shit.
From sports to e-sports then.
Keep your hands off the vidya, kids.

Will he appear?

I've heard people say that Huey, Dewey, and Louie are going to be be kinda like Dipper. How so?

Seems impossible for him not to at some point. Maybe not the first season but I doubt the writers will ignore his plot potential.

>is prominent in the pilot of old DuckTales
>never appears again
Kinda sad, since it was the only time he had some competences (due to all the sports exhibitions he did)
I hope he makes it, even as an extra.

What's this?

Sports Goofy appearing would be fun, as would Goofy, or Arizona Goof.

youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw

Considering Donald will be a regular character, I hope the three caballeros will participate for one episode on Latin America or something. I know they're racist caricatures but I like those gay caballeros

They're not really racist, and latin america never really cared much about that. Brazilians love José Carioca, for example.

José's talons are weirding me the fuck out but aside from that I like it.

>racist caricatures
yeah but they are depicted in a positive light, which makes it rather a jab than a racist caricature
There is a reason why Speedy Gonzales is incredibly popular in Mexico.

Gravity Falls is not an odd angle. A bunch of kids, a stingy old uncle and a more adventurous uncle.

drawfag here. I wanna do a couple quick doodles before bed. any ideas related to disney comics and shit?

>>required reading

Let me guess the marketing department told the director and cast to post Twitter pics of a stack of Scrooge comics for nerd cred

i keep flip flopping on this
sometimes i feel like the will ruin it
other times i think this may bring more traditional adventure tone to cartoons

They have adult voices and they're going on adventures.

Most of it has been reprinted as the Don Rosa Library Collection, in volumes 4 and 5.

Most, because it's being done in printing order, and Prisoner of White Agony Creek wasn't written until about 25 years after the rest of it.

Bump

Nice ducks!

to you have a single fact to back that up?

>latin america never really cared much about that

What people in Latin America doesn't matter, what matters is what "Latinx" faggots living in New York think.

Will it be the classic reason of being a douche to his sister?

Maybe just have Drake Mallard show up first.