Spider-Man thread

Why the fuck did JMS think it was a good idea for Sins Past or One More Day?

Was it really ALL Quesada?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2011/12/10/fanboy-rampage-jms-vs-steve-wacker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi, Roon user! Big fan.

OMD was definitely all JoeQ. JMS complains every now and then how he thinks breaking Pete and MJ us was a stupid idea and hurt sales, and the Spider-Office gets butthurt about it.

I personally don't know why people are so mad about Sins Past and Sins Remembered, but I dislike Gwen, so I would. ;)

Really? Shit, nice to see. Ima look that up and see if I can verify. What was his deal with Sins Past? I think I remember a post that had him explaining he wanted to do it differently, but Marvel Editorial changed it at the last second.

It was all Quesada.

JMS wanted to make the twins Peter's children, but Quesada went"noooo, children can't relate to a Spider-Man that has kids, better make Gwen a cheap slut".

In Sins Past, he wanted the twins to be Peter's kids, but editorial said that Pete and Gwen couldn't have Teh Sexxors outside of Matrimony.

Not all, but Quesada played a hand in making them laughably awful. Sins Past would have been shit story that people could easily move past if JMS was allowed to tell it how he did with the twins being Peter's. But Quesada didn't want that because it would age the character. From there, Peter Cucker was born.

OMD, well that came about because Quesada wanted to undo the marriage.

In the end, JMS is to blame for how he wrote them, but Quesada is more culpable for mandating the shitty parts in the first place.

Christ, that's so fucking dumb.

Found the link: bleedingcool.com/2011/12/10/fanboy-rampage-jms-vs-steve-wacker/

Ninja'd!

Which is weird, since Peter and Gwen were a young faithful couple (before the story I refuse to acknowledge), so they were probably fugging every day.

Well, Quesada plotted and wrote a lot of OMD. It wasn't just JMS who did a subpar job.

Don't tell JoeQ that.

Recommended Spidey reading?

The way I've been doing it, just read some of the recommended classics like Lee/Ditko, Venom, etc.

Then read from JMS onwards. If something looks shit, skip it. Move on to the next thing.

Having watched JMS's Babylon 5, I am convinced that this man loves to destroy couples.

There wasn't a single romantic relationship that didn't end with BOTH unrequited love and one of the pairing dying.

The man seriously has commitment issues or a phobia of lasting relationships.

In fact, one of the biggest themes of Babylon 5 was unrequited love. JMS puts Whedon to shame.

Which is ironic since he was against OMD.

>These complaints again

Learn some fucking history, user. JMS didn't want those stories, they were forced on him by editorial mandate. JMS was so pissed about OMD, he quit the book outright and wanted his name pulled from it (since he hardly wrote any of it). Quesada refused to take his name off it because he didn't want to take the heat by himself.

Don't forget Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. Not the one by Terry Moore, though.

Off the top of my head

>Spider-Man: Blue
>Kraven's Last Hunt
>JMS Spider-Man
>The Gauntlet: Vol 1 - Elektro + Sandman
>The Gauntlet: Vol 2 - Rhino + Mysterio
>The Gauntlet: Vol 3 - Vulture + Someone
>The Gauntlet: Vol 4 - Juggernaut
>The Gauntlet: Vol 5 - Lizard
>Grim Hunt
>Spider-Man: Moment in Time
>Spider-Man: Origin of the Species
>New Ways to Die
>Matters of Life and Death
>Superior Spider-Man (Wouldn't pay for it)
>Scarlet Spider
>Try Spider-Gwen
>Spider-Verse

The second line LITERALLY asks if it was all Quesada, user.

KEK! Talk about everybody exploding over nothing. Based JMS.

>*hugs*
Fuck sake Slott

Hey guys, newbie here. I consider myself to be an average comic book fan. I have an entire bookshelf for manga and comic books alone. I've been a huge spider-man nerd ever since I saw the Sam Rami trilogy in theaters when I was a kid, I had all the action figures and all the toys. I've always wondered how to get into spider-man? Wheres the best place to start? I hate reading single issues, and usually I prefer volumes or larger books. For example, the Dark Knight Returns, the Long Halloween, Batman: Year One are all great examples from one superhero.
>tl;dr, how do I get into spider-man without having to buy each single issue

Ultimate Spider-Man.

It's all finished and it's great. You can read each arc and get a satisfying story.

Really? Huh...

carnage and venom fights are lame

Oh lawd

This is just unfair.

bleedingcool.com/2011/12/10/fanboy-rampage-jms-vs-steve-wacker/

JMS:

>I have always made it very clear that when I came aboard ASM I brought Peter and MJ back together because I liked writing them as a married couple. I made equally clear that the decision to unmarry them and, in the same brushstroke, eliminate virtually every story I’d written during those eight years was an editorial mandate, not my choice. I would’ve been happy to continue writing them married until the sun went out. Marvel wanted to unmarry them. That’s your choice, and your right. At no point did I duck out of anything. If you think I did, back it up: what are you referring to?

About a few months after OMD, someone on this board actually did go up to JMS at a convention and asked him about his thoughts on the marriage. He said that JMS was fine keeping Peter and MJ married with Peter staying a teacher. Nice to see that JMS generally confirmed it in public though.

Sins Past sounds like it would've been bad even without Quesada's involvement, but if it had to happen, I think it would've been better for the twins to be Peter's kids.

Well I just came, but I'll do it again for you, user.

Found her instagram. I'm sad and lonely now.

It went from potentially bad but forgettable to something that requires brain bleach because of that panel of Norman fucking Gwen.

At least Spider-Gwen was good for something, user.

What is it?

@emmchu

Makes sense. Most women in usa are cheap sluts you're forced to marry. The men do the same too. Spiderman fucking criminal black cat.

Kids plus wife= Life is washed up and not fun.