Where is she now?

Where is she now?

Other urls found in this thread:

consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/daria-creator-imagines-what-the-cast-looks-like-20-years-later/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Suicide at 23.

Didn't she kill herself?

Depressed and single in her mid 30s.

She grew out of it. Total normie now.

She grew out of it when she hit 25, got married and pregnant. By now she's cranked out a couple of kids and lives with her husband on a small farm in the Catskills.

Hosting a morning show with her friend Jane

maybe gone SJW but managing to get a career in social media management.
maybe marrying a nu-male type.

and now she's really fucking miserable

I had a sudden realization: we all hope Daria would go on to do great things. Like, that she'd be a bestselling author, that she'd have a talk show, that she'd bee a world-renowned opinion columnist, a sort of public philosopher.

But that's because Daria is us. Other than her being female, she's basically a lot of us. She was very smart but terribly antisocial. She was snarky, a nihilist, someone who stood at a distance from the rest of her high school peers. She was too cool for school, and nobody got her, but that's okay, because she was great in a way that transcended the hyper-Americanist trappings of Lawndale.

That's why it's comforting to assume she hit it big. But what if she didn't? That Entertainment Weekly story, detailing where some of the characters from Daria are right now, was sobering. What if she never became famous, and recognized for her excellence? What if she didn't make it? What if WE won't make it? What if we're all doomed?

>What if WE won't make it? What if we're all doomed?
Then you take what you want, when you can, and fuck everyone else.

Being a good person never got me a god damned thing.

>we all hope Daria would go on to do great things
How did you get that sentiment from these posts?

edgy

true, I was never gifted like Daria or anything but I was well-behaved, shy and did decent in school.

I took it easy, nobody said I was doing anything wrong. Thus ended up with little drive and lack of networking skills. not to mention I never settled on what I wanted to do.

“The sardonic teen has left the suburbs of Lawndale for New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen (naturally), where she’s grown up to become the only female writer on a late-night talk show. She lives alone — except for her black cat named Godzilla, who is toilet-trained, thanks to Daria’s hard work and dedication — and while she’s tried the online dating game, she hasn’t found anyone special quite yet. Oh, and in case you were wondering, she’s gotten past her crush on Trent.”

I'm not trying to shock you, or alarm anyone; I'm just making an observation about myself. Stop misusing your buzzwords.

Basically

that sounds about right.

At least she is kind of famous and is semi-ok with who she is

stupid retcon is stupid

>Stupid sadfag can't even answer a question
You deserve to be doomed.

bigger question is:

Where is JANE? Would she and Daria still even talk to each other?

Someone in another thread mentioned something that's stuck with me: the fact that Jane was always a normie pretending at being weird. Think about it: she's attractive, she dates people all the time, she has fantasies about being a cheerleader and dating Kevin, she appears to have no problem becoming popular when she puts her mind to it. Daria's a true outcast, but Jane's just playing a part.

With this in mind, one wonders if Jane wouldn't have "grown out of" her oddball artist phase. Maybe she ultimate went to business school or got married.

Over weight with a half black kid that doesn't listen to her.
That's what happens to basic sjw's.

Comedy Show writer.
Artist/Housewife, and yes she still hangout with Daria.

>source
consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/daria-creator-imagines-what-the-cast-looks-like-20-years-later/

on this very website

Probably writing for Buzzfeed or some other worthless site like that

I'm happy for Jane.
Always related more to her.

>Daria is just a bitter Liz Lemon now.
Sounds about right.

confirmed by the creators that those are not cannon and were just done for fun

probably close to where you are right now if you were the type of person who watched Daria

everything would be an inside joke with them

So would you watch a show about late 30's Daria and her daily escapades in NY?

No.

>But that's because Daria is us. Other than her being female, she's basically a lot of us
she is not me
im a bitter person who willingly choses isolation because i dont want to fix my problems
why fix anything? what will that acompllish? a substandar life and a lot of smug assholes who get to feel better about themselves and tell each other that i was the problem all along?
how aboutthe rest of the world fixes its shit before? i wasnt born into a blank state world, why contribute to something i never fucked up in the first place? i would rather be alone, when im alone at least im the one creating my own misery and not someone else

She works in Standards and Practices for the CW.

And, yeah, occasionally.

Why? because it's better then fucking wallowing around in misery you dolt!

you have to pick up your cross and bear it

life's not fair deal with it

also maybe you are the problem you stupid fuck

have you ever even considered that? get off your fucking high horse

you can bearly fucking spell

>you can bearly fucking spell
>bearly

lol

If the worst thing that can happen to you is being harmed by another person then it makes sense to avoid other people as the only solution to the worst thing in the world
What other solution is there? Can I chain people together so they can't move freely? Can I give them shock collars like dogs?
I can stand destroying myself but I cannot stand being destroyed by someone else

>What other solution is there?

how about not being an aspie?

things are going to hurt

but the fear of hurt is actually greater then the hurt itself (they done studies on rats with this)

were's your father? you sound like you were raised by a single mother

stop being a limp wristed nancy boy or you'll end up like elliot rodgers

Things don't hurt, my bed has never harmed me, neither have my shoes or my towels
>Where is your father?
I don't know and I don't want to know probably getting drunk he is quite fond of it

and nether have i

the way you type is like a fucking serial killer

go look up jordan b peterson and sort yourself out

and start reading to get a good grounding of philosophy

Working as a drug rehab counselor, or rehab nurse/tech for ~$15/h after an 8 year stint with weed, MDMA, coke, and opiates.

Or, OR, doing clerical work for a university to pay for a studio apartment, drugs, and perhaps a few meaningless classes.

man i never thought about being a drug rehab counselor but smoking pot all day

what a genius ideal

it's like your in the eye of the storm - nobody would suspect a thing