How would you design an anthro character w/o it going into furry territory?

so I've been thinking of trying to make a web series about anthro animal characters, but I'm not sure how to do it w/o it going too deep into furry territory

any advice or good examples of it done well?
so far, what I've got is either going to be like older disney cartoons (animals are human shaped & wear clothes) or basically draw them as humans with some animal features (eyes, hair color, tails, ears, etc)

What exactly do you mean by "furry territory?"

Do you mean you simply don't want to come across as someone who's into the furry community?

Or do you mean you want to keep your characters from being seen as sexual?

I'd say, base the design on actual animals and make use of their unique features while trying
to avoid making them too anthro. The the worst furry designs are the ones that just look like people with animal heads. Also, avoid making them look too much like classic disney (lion king face) and and give them natural colors (sparkledogs).

Rubber hose animation style, duh.

Bendyfags can eat a dick.

Sorry OP but that's impossible, any animal-esque thing with even so much the ability to talk is furry territory.

He thinks he can keep people from sexualizing his characters.

I guess mostly column A with column B being in mind
the sexual thing is easy to do, I just won't put them in sexual situations or try to sexualize them for anything other than the sake of a joke or story

well, how about people with animal ears, tails, & eyes? maybe color their skin to match the animal's fur? I do like the idea of making them more human looking than animal, personally

i've read the rules, i know about 34

Tigress from Kung Fu Panda os os good example of a non-furry anthro

Nobody will give a shit about your web series so you shouldn't be so concerned.

that's literally impossible user.

stop giving a fuck about whether or not furries will want to fuck you characters (since the answer will ALWAYS be yes) and just do what makes you happy.

t. person with a webcomic with anthro animal characters.

I'd ask Stan Sakai for some advice first

> calling them anthros

You're already too far into furry territory.

Non-furries just call them cartoon characters.

Just make them plants instead

then people would just masturbate to plants

OP, the answer is, you cant

>basically draw them as humans with some animal features (eyes, hair color, tails, ears, etc)

That's gonna be probably the best option, but you still gotta keep them well designed. I think the Galra on Voltron hit the balance pretty well. Yeah, technically xeno and not anthro, but they have animal-like qualities, while still looking mostly human-like. Pic related.

More than that, avoid Disney style shit. And just stop caring, basically. People are always gonna call any sort of anthro type character a furry, so you just have to deal with it.

you can't

degenerates gonna degenerate

yeah but then its not FURRY

Something like Arthur?

Jason does it.

Wigs instead of human hair for starters.
Also no human feet, but thumbs can be acceptable

The closest you'll get is Zootopia territory, and even then people will still sexulize it. Theres no winning OP.