Can anyone argue that Superman is a better, more inspirational character than Cap?

Can anyone argue that Superman is a better, more inspirational character than Cap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BRHF2Qb-C9U
youtube.com/watch?v=QDhAyA3djWQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s6NIMfj8g
youtube.com/watch?v=KeLcRwJ2plA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, Cap's a Nazi, so yeah.

There's no argument to be made, it's just a fact.

Captain America is essentially a watered down Superman wrapped in stars and stripes as far as their message is concerned.

Equivalent moment for Cap?

Cap has a greater record of being petty or thick headed and stubborn than superman

,case in point Cap refusing to negotiate at all with Tony's side in civil war,even attacking tony when he requests a truce making compromise impossible,

decides that the 10 millionth appearance of the phoenix is the really important one and instead of negotiating or communicating with the x men about his plans or concerns goes straight for the ultimatum bullshit

,Time runs out Cap decides that its better to hunt down and chase the worlds smartest men to punish them for blowing up empty planets,has the audacity to be pissed when they couldn't figure some solution while he hunted them and spends his last moments during the apocalypse beating the shit out of tony

Superman's far less of stubborn person,wouldn't resort to violence against his allies so quickly

They are inspirational in different ways.

Cap is far braver than Superman and is thus more inspirational through his actions

Well for one, people actually like Captain America and only the autists on Sup Forums care about Superman.

I'd say they're about equal, albeit for different reasons.

Movie cap is no argument

youtube.com/watch?v=BRHF2Qb-C9U

Still a GOAT moment in Marvel.

I instinctly root for the underdog, so between Supes and Cap I would choose Cap.

Which comic is this from?

Also this

Anyone have the Earth-3 version where he's tossing her off?

No, but I have this.

Superman literally proves the first part of that quote wrong so...

Falcon is now the heart of Marvel. America is problematic. There is no Cap book.

America= hitler.

The most inspiring one is All MIght

Cap is for conservatives. A man who is down on his luck, beyond all odds, manages to pull himself up by his bootstraps and become an American symbol. Someone who isn't afraid to be patriotic and understands that sometimes we can't trust big government. Clearly not a gunphobe and a man who stands up for his rights.

Superman is for liberals. A man who is born with all the power in the world and takes matters into his own hands even when he isn't needed. A guy who always backs up the government no matter if they are wrong. A noguns illegal alien who consistently breaks international law yet advocates for a globalist midnset.

Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow?

Cap derided both partys before. Cap also admits to being apolitical.

Cap is liberty and america no matter what.

Superman is conservative.

>A guy who always backs up the government no matter if they are wrong.

Who?

The Dark Knight Returns

At their best, they're basically the same character. One is a good man who gets superpowers and the other is a guy with superpowers who is a good man.

That dynamic is a huge difference

While yeah Cap's loyal to the dream and all, how is Supes conservative? Because he was raised in Kansas?

I guess they're inversions of each other but whatever. All I know is that they would get along great.

He isn't that guy just doesn't know anything about Supes.

Doesn't exist anymore. Rebirth still mostly undoes all infinite crisis to up stuff.

Edge Lord deconstruction era is over. It's Marvel time post empire to do it.

One is a human with superpowers.
The other is an alien with superpowers.
That's a huge difference.

Status quo. Big govt. Both partys are big govt anyways. Used guns in his return.

Social centre right conservative.

That quote describe Billy crom Shazam far better and he's older than Captain Murica

Cap

youtube.com/watch?v=QDhAyA3djWQ

I'm talking about their moral character, not their biological origin.

Cap doesn't support the American government in principle. He supports American ideals

Is a single story.

I forgot that scene started with jokey one liners. Kind of ruins the magic a little.

This.

>Thinking Miller's version of characters counts

That's why I hate this faggot, he's pure american shilling.

Captain America could use some chapstick.

>It's a Superman isn't as cool as character X because Superman didn't have to work for his powers thread

>Thanos changing his stance the closer Cap gets

It's the little things.

Superman because he works on an universal morality system instead of "muh freedumb fagmerican ideals".

I kind of love it that even facing down cosmic evil Captain America can still quip a one liner at the bad guy that just totaled his team.

Superman's got big tits

Superman preached about America more than anyone. Theres far more runs where cap gets disgusted about usa.

I see Superman as someone that never really gives up on society, sure he can be disappointed but he'll never stop loving you.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s6NIMfj8g
An argument for both.

I like this trait of Superman, but I absolutely loathe when they spell it out like this. He's not Jesus, he's Superman. Him being a good guy shouldn't mean we need to hear about how he loves humanity so much he would even die for three days for them, and this means humanity has a chance as long as we love him back.

It works there because it shows that Cap, even with everything against him, exudes confidence. It shows that even in the worst situation possible, he won't back down or show fear.

Yeah I don't need him compared to Jesus. He's his own character.

Why is it a writer like Ennis that do can such edgy stuff writes some the best Superman around?

Most Brit writers are Supesfags. Ennis is no different though he's Irish.

Maybe it's because he writes Superman as a guy that's just trying his dammest to live up to people's expectations and when you see how much he beats himself when he fails, you can't help but never want to let him down or disappoint him.

>MCU quote
>Iphone filename
How to spot a casual.

This reads more like a nerd wrote it than someone who knows anything about strength

How come both Cap and Superman get friendzoned a lot?

Women hate good men when given rights irl.

However in the comics they git lot of women.

youtube.com/watch?v=KeLcRwJ2plA

Because they both were popular in the same era as will they won't they romance comics, and even then Lois Lane mostly spent her time chasing Superman through the Silver Age, not the other way around.

What exactly is the core appeal of "Captain America" supposed to be anymore? You can meme about this ~American Ideal~ bullshit all day long just the way every other Marvel writer has for the past few decades, but the fact of the matter is that the essence of this "Dream" Steve's fighting for has become so far removed from reality in his absence, that it might as well just be any old Gene Roddenberry liberal bullshit that's compelling him to be a hero in it's place. His stars and stripes have become an irrelevant relic used only for Marvel to capitalize off of their brand recognition.

Now, just to clarify... I've never had any strong complaints about Steve's characterization (at least when it's done well), but it just seems a improbable in-universe that he never simply remained as the Nomad, or taken up some other placebo superhero identity in it's place, and left his 1940's propaganda identity behind forever. Why even bother? This current generation's love for the glory days of his past is virtually nonexistent, the so-called "greatest generation" is barely even tolerated anymore due to how problematic the 1940's were overall, despite their ups and downs. What message his he meant to convey when he wears this costume, some Trump/Reagan-esque "member when America was good?" bullshit? Or simply some vague promise that America 'could' be great, conveyed through a confusing juxtaposition to his patriotic star-spangled costume?

Cap is more akin to Superman in attitude but he is 100% wearing Batman's plot armor.

to everyone earlier in the thread that was debating which character is conservative and which is liberal

neither of them would admit to being either because it's private and they have bigger things to focus on

that's why they're better than us

>ded. A guy who always backs up the government no matter if they are wrong.

Uhh I think Superman actually 'gave up' his American nationality (obviously Clark Kent did not, it was a political move because the US Government didn't want him to stand with a protest in the ME) somewhere in the 2000s

>"Look at you, Mr. Tough Guy."
>"You're still going for it. Bravo."
>"You've got my attention, motherfucker."

His face reflects it better in the 6th and 7th panels when you can actually see it.

Any time i see a defense of suoerman its that hes "too idealistic for this cynical age" and then they say hes a great character because hes a good guy. The only people ive ever known that say hes their favorite are people who dont read comics and just say that since hes smiling he must be a symbol of optimism, or site a single panel in his decades of published stories

Also his bravery isn't as powerful when he is usually impervious to all but the most powerful beings

Along with what everyone else has said you have to recall Adam Warlock basically sent them in as fodder, Cap is buying time by distracting Thanos.

And as others said, despite how it starts or what it's meant for in the end, Thanos is so impressed by his brazen display that he visibly turns his full attention to him as he approaches.

Superman is the one that you want to swoop down and save you. Cap is the one that you want to fight beside you.

For most of his history Supes was the one doing the friendzoning.

>Cap is the one that you want to fight beside you.
I don't think I could fight besides Superman without constantly worrying about whether or not I'm being a hindrance and he'd have an easier time without me.

Who wants a frigid bitch with FAS?

Most americans wave their flag and most conservatives love their country.

Anyway what you mentioned is happening in Falcons new book.

>stength

Why wouldnt she just fuck Cap?

>another one of those "superman is not X because he is overpowered" episode

I want to love and protect Regan.

>the so-called "greatest generation" is barely even tolerated anymore due to how problematic the 1940's were overall
Begone, nigger. Back to tumblr.

See
and
Superman is cool because no matter what he sees the potential in himself and others to do good. Everyone, no matter what they may think about themselves, has powers and abilities and skills. Everyone can learn, everyone can create.

But so many people don't. So many people stagnate and hate whoever does learn or does create.

When they first met his charisma switch only went from shy and nervous to slightly crude, she was his superior too so there'd be none of that at the time. By the time they warmed up to each other and were no longer entirely under the regulation of rank, the war was more important and Steve was worried about Bucky, by the time he sorted all that out he thought she was with Howard, that only got cleared up after he'd pissed her off with the suggestion she was so cheap and easy she'd do fondue with any rich guy who made the offer, even though with how patient she'd been with him she found him easy to drag off by an actual hussy looking for some quick super D. So she decided to put him in the doghouse how she figured he'd been doing her, never figuring the time wasted would never be regained. Then Bucky (seemingly) died, then Cap had to sacrifice himself.

So they basically spent all the time meekly or hostilely chasing each other in circles. Let it be a lesson.

... is this the current Superman run? I love sickly sweet optimistic Superman. Should I add it to my pull list?

Yeah, it is from the current Superman run.

You have been missing out, my guy.

If the MCU 1:1'd that scene, people would criticize it for ruining the momeny

I was about to say, is everyone overlooking the spelling error or what

Cap can't even stop the American government from building giant robots to oppress minorities.
It's kind of fucking weird how the American government in 616 is really responsible for every lunatic conspiracy and fear the left has come up with and Cap STILL champions them.

Take Isiah Bradley. In the real world, the Tuskugee experiments were a terrible crime. Syphilitic black men were denied treatment long after such treatment became valid in order to study the disease's effects.
It's 616 equivalent is an atrocity. Black men are used as test subjects for an experimental procedure and large numbers of them die.
This should have been explosive, comparative German and Japanese experiments on people are still bywords for evil today. But in 616 it's shown as just another evil thing America has done to black people.

>the Tuskugee experiments were a terrible crime
back to tumblr with you

What would you like us to do exactly, contact the authorities?

The Symbol of Peace

>what is alternate continuity