I'll save you from the pirates

>I'll save you from the pirates.

Imagine, if this one line was never said the Avatar fanbase would have been magnitudes less retarded.

Imagine, if this never happened the Avatar fanbase would have been magnitudes less retarded.

Imagine, if this never happened the Avatar fanbase would have been magnitudes less retarded.

People were still shipping him with her before this episode aired. They shipped them back when he still looked like a bald corpse after he destroyed her village and threatened a bunch of children and old women with death, that shit always gets girls wet. They shipped them purely because of this scene, where in retrospect Zuko comes off like he's trying to actively imitate one of Azula's creepy incestuous manipulation routines because he has no idea how to talk to girls and he probably thinks that's how you're meant to make friends and influence people.

Fujoshits gonna shit, if it wasn't this it would have been something else.

It's undeniable, though, that this scene influenced the shippers.

This one did too: , but the difference is that one was done on purpose. The painful less of ATLA is never engage with shippers. Don't troll them, don't pander to them, don't do anything to them. Don't act like they exist. If you do, you invite disaster.

bump

Okay now that I've bumped the thread I can actually post

I didn't have access to the internet back when this show was airing new episodes. Someone explain to me this post?

Oh my God you are the cutest newfag.

Thread was dangerously close to getting 404'd so I bumped it.

Zutarans exploded from periphery into the lolcow movement of infamy because Zuko got all rapey with Katara here. They self-inserted as milquetoast Katara and he was the damaged bad boy with a sensitive side they could change/schlick to.

Kind of glad I didn't have internet back then.

>threatened a bunch of children and old women with death, that shit always gets girls wet
to be fair you literally cannot explain the state of Europe otherwise.

>Fire Bender never wins with qt water bender

What did they mean by this?

This is an Avatar: The Last Airbender thread

Not Korra's Genderbender Adventure

This was back in the pre-tumblr days so most of this shit was confined to livejournal or deviantart, thank Christ. Less common and harder to disseminate.

I was there but I don't remember much of it.
I thought it was more funny than anything else.
Too bad CAPSLOCK Zutara was lost forever.
The tiny moments I looked at it were hilarious.

I swear to god that they put them together to please and tease the fans but then realized they didn't really want them to stay together; which is why it went to shit.

Well this brings back unwanted memories

This scene only exists because Bryke discovered shippers and decided to pander to them.
is right, never pander to shippers and completely ignore their existence.

I always thought they were hot together. Before I discovered cancer shipping.

They were clearly meant to be the original pairing but it didn't work because of how they changed Asami. Once Asami went from double agent trying to infiltrate the group to the girl who betrayed her own father to help the team, Mako comes off looking like a jerk for wanting Korra over her. And that characterization pretty much stuck with him for the rest of the series.

The fact that they interpreted this line the way they did proves that they were doomed to be retarded. If it wasn't this, it would have been some other bullshit.

I still think the pairing could've worked well. Their relationship was one of the best written things of season 3.

I was only a kid when the show aired too, so this is only in retrospect.

>people didn't like aang as a character

how?

Did anyone else notice that Suko became less pale as the series progressed?

>zutara
>fujoshi
what the fuck are you smoking nigga