Cassandra Cain Appretiation Thread

Barbara is for barbarians. True feminine appretiation is loving Cassandra Cain.

Holy fuck you guys just keep making them.

wut???

She had pontetial, I think Damien Wayne creation it was made DC nuked her, two new youngcharacters linked to the League of Assassins.

She would have worked on the Arkhamverse and the DCEU much better than Barbara.

*Appreciation

>I think Damien Wayne creation it was made DC nuke her

This, and also the reintroduction of Batwoman in the original 52 series.

Cass is the only Batgirl that you could do a action/martial arts movie with a comics storyline, the fight against the League of Assassins and Lady Shiva would be epic and the Chinese market would love it.

Has Cassandra Cain ever been animated?

>I think Damien Wayne creation it was made DC nuked her

DC had already started the wheels rolling to nuke her (and Nightwing during IC) before even Damien (remember the character was more like a done-in-one that was going to die in Morrison's original Batman & Son story before he stuck around and got elevated to Robin).

Other than a small cameo in a Nazi-Ruled alternate timeline in a Justice League episode,no.

>Marvel makes a female, minority version of their heroes and everyone hates them
>DC makes a female, minority version of their hero and everyone loves her

it's ok when DC makes Green Lantern gay

Well that is because DC does not push out said character for diversity quotas so thinly veiled,you can see it a mile away whilst wearing sunglasses at night.

>people dislike bad characters and like good characters

?

No, they simply make announcements for their new genderfluid characters

/ss/ with Damien when?

So many here adore the character.

Damien didn't kill her. Batwoman and an unhealthy fixation on Barbara back as Batgirl did. Compare character-wise now she dances around Barbara who's just awful now.

Cass is a sidekick, she's more interchangeable than a main hero. Plus DC has by this point established a history of legacy heroes inheriting mantles. This got started way back in the 80s with Jason Todd.

You mean in the 50s with Barry Allen

Wrong Super Son.

QUESTION: How do you imagine her voice?

I imagine she has a thick lisp with a hint of a Japanese accent, also with lots of short pauses as she's thinking of the right word to use next. Those little imperfections in how she speaks makes her cute.

DC didn't shit all over Barbara in order to promote Cass. Whor, Riri, Miles, Sam Alexander, Falcon, etc were all being pushed while Thor, Iron Man, Spiderman, Richard Rider, Steve, etc had their characters assassinated. About the only legacy that didn't fuck the original at Marvel was Kamala which means she doesn't incur the wrath of Carol fags/shills.

In the JL episode The Savage Time.

>DC makes a female, minority version of their hero and everyone loves her
Not everyone.

legacy heroes are a thing in DC, not so much Marvel.

I thought that was supposed to be Tim's clay waifu.

DC editorial staff hated her.

She was created by two nobodies (Pluckett & Scott) in the comics industry.

Damien was created by Grant Morrison and Batwoman was reintroduced by Rucka, Morrison, Waid in the first 52 comics.

Thats Huntress

Almost everyone who wrote Cass well has leaven the comics industry, I liked Chuck Dixon take on her in Batman and the Ousiders.

>we never got a Cass skin for the Arkham games

deer diearry

hadh longh tawlk weth theh too wemin woo liv her nohw. I hoope wee kan bee frends

This hurts so much. I was sure Cass would be featured in Arkham Knight.

The language thing was such a jackass gimmick.
Even if a person was trained to "read" combat before learning words, that wouldn't disable the capacity for basic communication.
People who grow up learning sign language aren't incapable of learning French.
Who writes this shit?

Underrated.

Cass is the only Batgirl made explicitly as waifu bait so I'm not surprised she's popular on Sup Forums.

I would really love to see her interacting with Conner again.

I've always wondered where this is from.

Well, the fanboys at DC editorial didn't.

man it always brings joy to my heart to see a Cass thread but it's been so long Im not sure I have the energy for em I used to

They do now again.

Isn't Conner still playing Silver Surfer to that Living Monolith or whatever that thing was called?

We don't know where the hell Conner is right now. He's been removed from the field. He's not remembered in Reign of Superman in the current universe, and Superman knows deep down something still feels amiss in the universe.

It has been awhile.

Maybe having both Jon and Conner around at time same would constitute a glut of Kryptonians, according to DC editorial.

Studies on feral kids raised by animals and/or ignored by their parents are really messed up and whilst they can learn individual words for things, the full context of language often escapes them. So it's not impossible.

Of course that's compounded by the psychological effects of not being able to communicate with other humans growing up, malnutrition etc.

Cass was raised by David Cain harshly but also with some love (hugs, smiles etc) plus if he was raising the perfect warrior he would make sure her diet was as good as he could make it.

So in balance, I agree with you - Cass should have been able to learn to speak and read. Her not being able to was writers forcing it for story issues, like Barbara not getting magic/super-tech fix for her spine.

This is the kind of post I like to see.

Grey DeLisle when she did the Sorceress in Diablo III

Didn't that pic include mommy dearest?

The scene that broke the DC Universe.

And now Clayface is Cass' best friend. DC comics are crazy nowadays.

Now I want to see original David Cain serving lil' Cass a big stack of steaks for dinner while she has a bright smile and black eye. Nu Cain was just charmless in every way, including his child abuse.

Makes you wonder why some characters take off and others don't huh? ...

I thought the fact that they mad where able to speak by some sort of weird deus ex machina shit in the first place was kinda dumb...

that whole telepath thing was utterly stupid.

>Hi I'm a novice telepath but I completely rearranged the way your mind works, giving you the ability to speak but removing your ability to read peoples body language

Move over Martian Manhunter, this guy should be in the Justice League

Yeah I agree, it would make more sense to me if Wonder Woman simply gave her some serious speech therapy, the kind that only she can give because she speaks all languages, including some animal ones.

Now that would make far more sense, especially given Diana's combat skills

>Montage of Diana and Cass fighting on the beaches of Thermiscrya whilst Diana speaks various phrases - 'translating' them from body language to a spoken one for Cass.

Print it!

Neat!