Literally a fucking white male from the 1940s

>Literally a fucking white male from the 1940s
>Not racist, sexist, or homophobic

Why was Steve so ahead of his time?

Plently of racism in timely comics. The Cap you know is Stan Lees Marvel version.

Who is written more progressive liberal.

Ultimate cap is closer to timely Comics cap.

>Ultimate cap is closer to timely Comics cap.

Just stop this meme

It's ok. Nobody really likes Asians anyway. Literally a race of house niggers.

Steve was born a weak, frail manlet. Who was he to judge anyone else as being inherently inferior? Plus he's irish I think.

Not everyone back then was a racist, sexist, homophobic asshole

he's the irish son of immigrants, anti-bully, and just a bit queer

He's a New Deal Democrat who was the son of Irish immigrants and went to art college. That's as close as you can get to the 40s version of a Nu-Male.

Supreme leader is awesome

>Irish Immigrants can't be racist, sexist, or homophobic

>Irish
>White
People would've disagreed with you back in the 40's

People were generally more polite back then, there is a reason the KKK wore masks and only practiced a passive aggressiveness racism in the daytime.

I read them all so yes.

Asians are great,

Rest of the races are crap. Spics are the worse.

This. People who have been treated shitty when they were younger swing in one of two directions.

Some go 'When IM the strong guy, its going to be awesome. I can't wait to have my revenge and vent my frustrations on others.'

Others go "This sucks. I KNOW this sucks, because it happened to me. No one should have to endure this shit."

Steve is in that second camp.

Not every white dude is/was racist.
Black people were in the military, as were gays, even if they weren't officially out. Usually when you meet people and get to know them, you tend not to generalize them like an asshole. Especially in a literal life and death scenario. Plus, he was a scrawny illustrator who's parents were Irish immigrants. I'm sure he knows a thing or two about not buying into stereotypes.

He was a poor as fuck first generation Irish American kid raised during the great depression by a single mom. His friends were a bunch of other poor kids who came from different backgrounds. Blacks, Jews, Italians, Polish, Spanish, etc... he was a damn raggamuffin kicked around his entire life. He joins up with the Army at the height of FDR's New Deal era and finally has the chance to be a someone. He's made into a perfect specimen and instead of taking a cue from Adolph, he decides being perfect isn't how you look or being better than others, it's standing up for the little guy and everyone whose been pushed around. It's representing the dream.

Because he was written by pretty liberal guys in the first place and a propaganda piece. And even the US Government knew it sorta went against message if you were going to have a character be maliciously prejudice against a chunk of people you'd want to inspire to be AMERICAN.
Writers only got more liberal from then on, but not particularly the "FUCKING WHITE MALES" variety so they're not going to make him "accurately bigoted"
>Hearing my dad talk about the Klan in his hometown
>Basically just a bunch of hicks he knows from school and about town. Even apparently one of them helped his grandma get her social security in order
>"So what was this basically a racist social club for these guys?"
>"No they murdered people too" describes how they got away with murdering a dude for peeping on white girls

There's a couple of different possible answers.

(A) - Steve was never mean-spirited, it's not as if everyone in history was a bigot. He grew up in Brooklyn, so it's not as if he was a sheltered little Sup Forums snowflake. He was exposed to different types of people even before traveling the world in WW2. And there were plenty of liberal types in the age of FDR, they did vote him in four times you know.

(B) - Steve just adjusted to the times, "when in Rome" and all, so when he adjusted to modern America living he abandoned the mistakes of the past and moved on, like a sane person.
Take notes Sup Forums.

(C) - Well, Sup Forums's gay threads say he was always secret gay, therefore always secretly identifying with the little guy and not the bully.
( what DID you think he got that "4F" for? )

(D) - He HAS been portrayed as mildly racist, as pointed out by Falcon, mildly sexist, as pointed out by Sharon and Natasha, and let's not forget his whole bullying of the X-Men in AvX!

/thread

Considering the only reason America stopped hating and persecuting potato niggers is because the real niggers were set free, I think it stands to fair reason that they'd be more sympathetic than most.

Well they Didn't start being cool with Potato Niggers, just slightly cooler in a relative sense. Tater' Niggers and Blacks were in heavy competition creating more animosity between the races. Also the whole "I was a persecuted minority too" doesn't really seem to translate to camaraderie and understanding. Even today you have minority communities who despise each other.

>Considering the only reason America stopped hating and persecuting potato niggers is because the real niggers were set free

Are you a retard? Irish discrimination didn't end until sometime after WWII and then finally came to a head when JFK was in office. After he was killed Irish hate was pretty much a thing of the past. People hated the Irish well after the civil war. Learn your history.

He fucking hate muties, though.

Yeah, don't american blacks and latins hate each other? And don't both groups hate gays?

If memory serves there was a huge boom in black voters in '08 which led to California not passing some pro-gay marriage bill.

Ever seen how much the Asians hate eachother?

Chicano from East Los, can confirm this is true. As for the gay thing, with us it seems to depend. I swear every family has that one flamboyantly gay uncle that they love to death. It's more generational though.

Yup. Blacks and Mormon's.

This right here.

Yeah I thought Hill-dawg invented Not-Racist back in 2001

A lot of Hispanics and Blacks are only Democrat because Republicans dislike them. If the Republicans stopped being racist they could gain a bunch of those guys.

However on the other hand the Republicans would then lose the Dixiecrats. The poor whites that would be better off under Democrats, but vote for Republican because fuck minorities.

Not typically, no.
In the 80s a bit, but that's pretty much settled with time and realizing it was stupid as shit to buy into white stereotypes anyway.

As for hating guys, hispanic people have always sort of split evenly between being ultra macho and ultra flamboyant, so unless they're particularly religious, they usually don't give a fuck.
Black people on the other hand constantly feel the need to look 'manly' and have some Tyler Perry bullshit life where everyone goes to church. They're constantly stereotyped as criminals, so they go out of their way to not be, or rebel and go into crime to get 'respect'.
They often see gay as a sign of vulnerability or femininity, so they avoid it like the plague.

>Not typically, no.

In SoCal they certainly fucking do. I see this shit constantly in Boyle Heights and East LA. Mind you, this is with people usually older than 30. But race tensions are still around out here.

Lately though it's been becoming more about class warfare and gentrification. Lotta shitty coffee shops opening up out here.

>name calling is racist

Why do I share this board with children

Muties are abominations, though. They're alien lab experiments that got way out of hand.

You're on a board where people talk about cartoons made for little kids.

This. What's considered white by the standards of today would have been considered "ethnic" back in the day.

Besides, not everyone from the forties is/was racist.

SoCal is it's own weird ecosystem that kinda has it's own reality. Like Florida, or Maine.

Mexicans are ethic cleansing blacks out.

>( what DID you think he got that "4F" for? )

Being a malnourished asthmatic midget?

They have to go back.

And now young assholes who wanna fight on our behalf are making property and rent go up. But you know, they're WOKE AF SENPAI, so it's all good.

>mfw some dude with a neat beard told me that he was the GOOD kind of white.

I'm like, dude, I just wanna walk my fucking dog.
Have a damn cookie.

He's pure.

Well now he'll want some milk too.

He could go suckle his own skin. I'll bet it'll taste like the good kind of milk.

Reminder that America was 90%+ white in 1940, until the 1965 immigration act.

No, but most Americans and Anglos have always hated Catholics. Those proto-commies deserve it, though.

The main thing is that he was poor. There is a more concrete distillation between stupid ass poor people and poor people who got fucked by circumstance, and the latter are usually really nice

Because he's not realistic and he stands for an idealized America where all men, women, what have you are created equal and given certain unalienable rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No doubt that America doesn't fully meet that goal in real life but god damn it here's a man who does and I love him for it.

He was of Irish descent which are literally the niggers of whites, so he had no business being dismissive based on race.

More of an Eisenhower conservative than a liberal.

Kirby, Simon, and Stan were are New Deal democrats. All 3 idolized that dude. I do know that Stan was pretty hard on for JFK. He and Kirby fucking hated Nixon.

DO YOU THINK THE LETTER ON HIS HEAD STANDS FOR FRANCE

It makes him look like more of a good guy who deserved the serum. I wasnt alive then but some old people have told me not EVERYONE was racist

>Reminder that America was 90%+ white in 1940, until the 1965 immigration act.

reminder that idiots think the moon shot was faked, fluoride is a communist plot infiltrating our water to kills us or at least cripple us, and the earth is flat, because 'every time I get in my car and drive for a long while, it looks pretty flat to me.'

This is why idiots should breed, or get their stupidity from the "inter webs."

Plus racism isn't just a generic hate for everyone. I remember cartoons decrying the savage irishman's treatment of chinese citizens, for example.

>Black people were in the military

And a lot of people wanted them out of the military, and that's why they were in their own isolated colored units. They originally didn't even want any black people to be made pilots and the black pilots had to go the extra mile to show they were good enough.

I feel like the fact whites made it complicated on whats white and what isn't to this day shows how clearly you should not take whites opinions on race seriously

>homophobic

>you should not take whites opinions on race seriously

Yep. To this day you still see kiddies from Sup Forums arguing with each other over who's white and who isnt. It's fucking retarded.

Was there a summerfag revolt recently? All these shit opinions on every board

>Have Hispanic friend gunning for med school
>Joins a college club designed to help pre-med minorities(Keyword: Minorities)
>She quickly learns that "minority" means "black" to everyone in charge of the club and above
>Blacks hate the Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, etc. in the club, boils down to "WE suffered oppression, WE deserve help, YOU ALL can fuck right off"
>She runs for president of club and is flatly told they don't want a Hispanic, they want a black
>She runs anyway against some black chick who does nothing but party and sleep around while gf actually works her ass off for the club
>Election night comes around, gf figures she might actually have a chance
>Black girl shows up with 100 random black students who aren't even in the club to vote
>Gf loses by a handful, doubtless without the illegitimate votes she'd have won it

I'd hate to think racist shit but sometimes...

I think the only course of action for your GF to take is to go back to her country of origin.

He never said that

That sucks. Tell her to keep on gunning.

>And now young assholes who wanna fight on our behalf are making property and rent go up.

>Lately though it's been becoming more about class warfare and gentrification. Lotta shitty coffee shops opening up out here.

As far as I know, the main reason this occurs is because of USA's property taxes, how they are calculated and how big they are as part of your overall taxes, leading to counter-intuitive things like people worsening the appearance of their homes and property to lessen these taxes and creating these unnecessary conflicts between neighbors.

Is that correct?

I'm not from USA, here property taxes are practically non-existent or really, really low in comparison to overall taxes and gentrification is almost a non-issue: you see ridiculously wealthy people living side-by-side with really poor people.

Also, very few people rent; they prefer to live with their parents until they can afford a house or the credit for one, even if it takes an insane amount of years.

Business or other rich people eventually strike a deal with the poor people to buy those properties at market value, but no one is "taxed
out of their homes".

People who rent homes though are exposed to the effects of inflation and can see their rent increase due that, but that's usually due national government mismanagement; printing money, borrowing excessively, etc. than anything their neighbors can affect.

bc even new deal democrats from the fucking forties were liberal compared to the current republican party, who identify mostly with the unreconstructed south.