Hot take: this is my least favorite cinematic Spidey suit...

Hot take: this is my least favorite cinematic Spidey suit. It looks like they took the raimi suit and glued cheesy ass eyes on it.

I agree 100%. I have always hated the MacFarlane eyes. Generally speaking, I'm not huge on the Homecoming suit, but the Ditko eyes on it have me forgiving it's stupid over-designed faults.

>Hating big eyed Spider-Man.
>Having such shit taste.

Kill yourself.

>Shit logo
>Basketball head
>No webpits
>No animated eyes
>Raised webbing

Shit-tier suit. How can anyone defend this innacurte garbage?

The MCU Spider Man is my favorite live action suit because of the Ditko design choices

literally nothing about this is ditko

it's romita with a bunch of pointless tacticool shit polluting the core elements of the design

How is that tacticool? Are the black bands really that distracting to you? God knows its better than Raimi's 3D webbing

Not that user, but how can something be Romita but not Ditko? Are they not incredibly similar? And didn't Romita take out the web-pits sometimes?

Agree

At the end of the film I was terrifed the suit peter got back would be that godawful new one stark presented.

I mean its kind of neat, but nowhere near as good as the last one. Glad Peter said no

>No animated eyes
Good. The animated eyes are 4th wall toonforce that only the reader can see. Translating that to film was retarded.
>Raised webbing
Nothing wrong with it.

He does love to overdeisign shit. That suit looked terrible.
Of course they probably did that somewhat on purpose. Like it was clearly the Iron Man version of a Spider-Man suit.

The Rami suit was objectively the best suit. You have shit taste and are likely a shit person. Please move to the nearest Assisted Suicide bar.

Ew gross

Raised webbing is fucking awful user. It looks like Parker was frosted like a cake or something
You're trying too hard

It looks good, it makes the costume pop without having to add those bullshit rando black lines.

What is your problem with raised webbing and why is it SUCH a problem that it ruins the entire suit for you to the point where you prefer the crap we see in Homecoming?

>No animated eyes
What? Even the ghetto Spidey suit had TF2 style animated goggles.

It looks good at medium and long distances. That was why it was used. Up close it looks meh.

I wasn't part of the design for the suit, but I can say with almost 100% certainty that they used raised webbing because you wouldn't be able to see the webs as Spidey is swinging. Comics are still frames and almost no distortion, thus, we can see the webs in panels perfectly. They probably wanted to keep the webs as an important part of the suit. Otherwise, they would have had something like the 1967 Spider-Man suit.

This is by far my favorite suit. But, I like Bagley.

Which of those 2 is a negative?

Honestly, all the suits (minus the ASM1) had their pros and cons:

Raimi's had the perfect layout of the red and blue and the best layout/amount of webbing (IMO & before S:H), but its eyes were 2 lines and a curve; Not nearly as curved as we'd expect. Raised webbing was a middle ground because either "It's not supposed to be raised" or "It makes them stand out in motion blur"

ASM2 lowered the height of the raised webs, made them more matte black and made the eyes bigger, more curved and fluid which translated to more expressive and startling. However, the length of the bottom legs of the spider emblem were way too long and there were just a bit too many webs (for me anyway).

Homecoming has been the best so far in terms of comic adaptation. The "tech" of the suit isn't noticable just by looking at it. The black lines in the shoulders/forearms, whether tactical or practical, will be forgotten as you watch the movie. Great layout of both the webs (maybe a bit more if I were to be picky) and the red/blue and the animated eyes make sense from a practical standpoint. In Civil War, Peter says he uses the old suit's goggles because his senses have been "turned up to 11" and they help him focus. The new eyes do that, but on the fly; If he were to squint at something on the ground from on top of a building, showing the eyes squint would make it much more believable (to the audience) that he could pick up on some important details even from that distance.

>cheesy ass eyes
>nearly comics-accurate
no. this suit is great, except the webbing on the belt is too narrow. almost perfect.

no basketball head on this one, you're thinking of ASM1 suit, which is the butts
>no webpits
i'm with you there m8, those need to come back hard. even/especially if they were CGI

that's.. actually kind of nice, it's just not spider-man. would look nice with some modifications on a Ben Reilly or especially a Mayday seeing as it emphasizes the breasts and hips.

I love the eyes, it makes him look friendly! It would be perfect if it didnt have the micro pattern on the blue, the webbing wasnt lined, and the spider symbol wasnt so damn long. I have no fucking clue what they were doing with the first movies suit but this was a good course correction.

Are you not seeing what im seeing? his bright shade of blue and red, the usual amount of white and black on the eyes, it looks like a ditko drawing. The previous costumes used dark shades of red and blue. Especially the blue.

He'll probably use it in Infinity War or some other Avengers movie, and use his original Stark-made suit when not participating on Avengers missions.

Personally, I like it, but I love things that break my comfort zone in neat ways. Maybe that makes me a tasteless shitter or something.Nah,
I'm just not a faggot

It does look like a bit like Ditko with JUST enough tasteful application of tacticool that it looks good on-screen.

It was supposed to be the Iron-Spider suit.

Apparently its going to be used in Avengers 3 but dont hold me to that.

who cares about suits

>It looks like they took the raimi suit and glued cheesy ass eyes on it.

Not even that. It looks like a cheaper variant. Just by looking at it you can see that the grace and attention to detail that went into the Raimi suit did not go into the ASM2 suit.

Holy shit I never realized how truly bad it looked, ASM2 was extreme trash

Raised webbing was a mistake.

I somewhat agree. I mean, the TASM1 is ugly as sin, but 2's isn't as great as everyone seemed to think. As you said it just looks like a cheap version of Raimi's, with a red that almost looked fuchsia at times and too obvious patched together parts (just look at that fucking crotch)

At first i liked the idea of the big eyes, but then watching the movie i realized they make Peter really inexpressive. They should've made them more "angry" looking to avoid that, go full McFarlane

I somewhat agree. I mean, the TASM1 is ugly as sin, but 2's isn't as great as everyone seemed to think. As you said it just looks like a cheap version of Raimi's, with a red that almost looked fuchsia at times and too obvious patched together parts (just look at that fucking crotch)

At first i liked the idea of the big eyes, but then watching the movie i realized they make Peter really inexpressive. They should've made them more "angry" looking to avoid that, go full McFarlane

Also they didn't even try explain where it came from. But i guess that's a nitpick

And what pray tell are the core elements of the suit?

Looks cheap cosplay tier, otherwise it's ok
Only the eyes are good about that suit

but why?

>Only the eyes are good about that suit

And the thin, concave web design, the subtle symbolism of the spider and the web cartridge utility belt.

my only issue with the suit is that the webs aren't dark enough and don't stand out if Spidey's being filmed from a distance. Close up it's fine but when it's getting too far away you can't see them anymore.

I like the black bands around the arms but this only serves to make them stand out rather than the element of design that SHOULD be being highlighted. It also makes the CG stand out very weirdly for some reason, as the webs are inconsistently washed out or too pronounced, which is why people are complaining about Homecoming's CG

>my only issue with the suit is that the webs aren't dark enough and don't stand out if Spidey's being filmed from a distance.

But that's cool though, because you shouldn't be able to see spider webs unless up close.

I appreciate that, but even in your image the webs seem weirdly light and hard to see, might just be the lighting though.

Didn't even realize my post happened twice. Sometimes Clover fucks up and tells me "error posting" when in reality the post went through, so i mistakenly post again

absolutely love the web cartridges on the belt, also lets talk about the webshooters. personally the fact that they blinked red in ASM1+2 had a kind of charm to it but most people would disagree with me. i like the sleek new ones, dunno why they gave them that sfx tho when he discards the used cartridge, sounds like hes popping out a hot battery

>but even in your image the webs seem weirdly light and hard to see, might just be the lighting though.

Or your monitor settings, because I see them clear as day in 's image.

Make way, actual best suit coming through

Bet 10 bucks this wasn't what the prop from Civil War looked like

I would like it if they had Spider-Man get new suits each film. Would be a cool way to freshen things up.

They reworked it a bit. In CW the lenses were bigger and black, with a strap around his head

Sorry?

Why does the MCU need to add extra lines and bands to fucking everything?

Black Panther's costume would have to appear to be made of some pretty weird fabric to look like anything but a black man-shaped blob without all that added detail.
MCU Black Panther is a pretty top-tier costume.

>would have to appear to be made of some pretty weird fabric to look like anything but a black man-shaped blob without all that added detail
Elaborate.

>90s baby accusing others of shit taste

Get bent, McFarlane is trash.

honestly it could be my monitor (or colourblindness)

can someone photoshop the black lines and extra tacticool shit off

>tasteful application of tacticool

It's maddening, they were so close to perfection.

>comics-accurate

Yeah if all you read is trashy comics.

Hold the fuck up, Peter
THAT'S MY SUIT

>Why does the MCU need to add extra lines and bands to fucking everything?

Because a straight up spandex suit just doesn't look as good in real life. It's fine for comics and cartoons because simplicity/lack of intricate detail works better.

I've seen no cape movies that use straight-up spandex suits so I've seen no proof of this concept.

Posting the real best costume.
>No animated eyes
This shouldn't be a thing outside the books.
>All those black lines
>That terrible logo

there was that 90's fantastic four movie

Looks like it would be fine if they added a little texture. Shit like BP and Homecoming Spidey is totally unnecessary though.

Black Panther gets away by making the extra detail tribal and shit

This. Raimi Spider-man is the best

>I've seen no cape movies that use straight-up spandex suits

Did you not see the Christopher Reeve Superman movies?

Or the Batffleck suit?

How the fuck is that tribal?

>Terrible logo
Nigga small spider has always been better

Forgot my image.

>Or the Batffleck suit?
WHAT?
That thing is some weirdly textured rubber muscle suit.

>that pose
>that Spider
>the suit will make its first apearance in Infinity War, where Spidey will join the huge spacebattle
GUYS

I'll assume you're drunk and meant Adam We suit.

Just by looking at this thread its apparent that people dont even know what tacticool even means

>This shouldn't be a thing outside the books

And just why is that? Seems like sour grapes to me.

I think it's intended to be a bullet-resistant fabric like aramid fiber/Kevlar, but it's rubberized and looks odd, yeah.

It doesn't need to be straight-up spandex but it also doesn't need all the extra shit either.

It's also a fake muscle-suit on the level of this.

>sour grapes
I don't think that term means what you think it means.

>That thing is some weirdly textured rubber muscle suit.

It's tights. He's effectivly got hockey pads on underneath, but it's still tights.

>I'll assume you're drunk and meant Adam We suit.
100% sober. But I'll include the Adam West suit since he technically did get a movie too.

>It doesn't need to be straight-up spandex but it also doesn't need all the extra shit either.
Spandex or no, a plain tight suit just isn't enough. The extra shit (intricate suit details) IS needed because it'll otherwise be immensely boring to look at.

Small is fine. It's the design that looks weird.

The spider looks more like Ben Reillys

It really is pretty bad. If they either made it look more naturalistic or more artificially armored-up it would look better.
Affleck is pretty fit and would still look good if it was just that heavy fabric over real muscles, maybe with a bit of extra abs or something.
OR tech could be emphasized and parts of the suit could be backed with embedded hard plates. Using different-looking suits for stealth or heavy combat missions would also work.

As it is now, it looks like they're trying to sell us on the idea that the "muscles" under the suit are real, which looks absurd.

Seconding this, although i'm sure it's been done already.

Is this on purpose?

For me, ASM1's suit is by far the worst. It's pretty fucking hard to make a bad spider-man suit, but they managed it. ASM2's used to be my favorite, but in hindsight it just looks super cheap, nowhere near close to the Raimi suit. I guess I was just desperate to forget the monstrosity featured in the previous film.

>Tacticool lines everywhere
>Ditko

It's not, it's what Americans believe it's tribal