New Disney world revelation incoming this Saturday, so that means time for a Kingdom Hearts thread

New Disney world revelation incoming this Saturday, so that means time for a Kingdom Hearts thread...

What worlds do you want for Kingdom Hearts?

If you could, what Non-Disney stuff would you like as worlds in Kingdom Hearts?

Also anyone else disappointed by Nomura and Yasue's execution of Sora as the protagonist? Basically Sora is written as a fool who is inferior to everyone. Sora's the kid who doesn't learn, never matures, is nonsensically happy even when there's no reason for him to be optimistic. Talk about inhumane. Sora didn't start out like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

overlordjc.deviantart.com/art/SleepOver-Cut-Guests-1-155571984
youtube.com/watch?v=sbBGWRqt7uM
youtube.com/watch?v=l_rWhda_xaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone else struggle in caring about Kingdom Hearts 3? It's taken too long to finish this Continuous Story. Having said story scattered to inferior handhelds? Terrible move by Square Enix because of crippling the gameplay that Kingdom Hearts 2 introduced. The story also became very stupid.

Does Kingdom Hearts even have a future after Kingdom Hearts 3? Yeah, Nomura wants to continue it, but do gamers actually care?

>Basically Sora is written as a fool who is inferior to everyone
not really. he's inferior to riku and the other masters but he's above others

What even was the plot of KH2? Like the bad guy was trying to get his heart back right? What bad would've happened if he did?

>Make two critically acclaimed games with a shit ton of sequel bait
>Target it at Disneyfags and Weebs
>Spend the next 10+ years making shitty low budget mobile games and telling fans they MUST play them because they're essential to the story for the final game that will never come
>Spread those games across a bunch of shitty mobile platforms to drive sales for your console developer buddies
>Repackage and re-release past games for a younger crop of gamers to get them hooked
>Rinse and repeat

Who knew the nips were so good at kikery?

Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Toy Story and Princess and The Frog are my top picks.

I'd also like to see a Black Cauldron world cause I think a boss fight with Horned King would be rad and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? because it'd be different and fun and Judge Doom would make a cool boss too.

Anyone else hate Aqua? Most overrated Kingdom Hearts character ever.

ignoring wathever Dream Drop Distance said:
Xemnas wanted to create an artificial Kingdom Hearts, but to do so, he needed a keyblade Master to slay heartless, so he unleash heartless to the worlds, if you played kingdom hearts 1 you know how dangerous heartless are, they steal the heart of people to make more heartless, kinda like zombies, so Xehanort was planning to transform people into heartless so Sora would destroy that heartless releasing the heart (that by the way, it belonged to somebody) so Xehanort and the org XIII could recover their hearts stealing the hearts of other people, so in this case is not their end game what's dangerous, but their methods to gain it.

Fuck you user Aqua is great.

Treasure Planet would be pretty cool.

I'd kill for Treasure Planet and Atlantis the Lost Empire to at least get nods in the game

The Nomura style: Let's just keep pulling shit out of our ass as we go and see how far can we get

Dr Facilier, pls.
>Don't you disrespect me, little man!

Ok, I'm replaying this shit franchise for the upcoming games I may never play. I do own a PS2 with a old pirated boot disc that may not work and a shitty PC that may not even run the game.

Should I try with the emulator, the PS2 or skip the first game and jump right into Chain of memories, since it kinda spoils the first game?

I heard Disney was thinking of doing a Kingdom Hearts cartoon. Is this true?

I think I'd fuck most of the OC characters honestly.

I just want treasure planet with Balthier making an appearance in the world

That's what makes Sora great though. The fact that he's happy-go-lucky 9/10 times is what makes him a great protagonist. He doesn't brood on the small details and always moves forward.

Hell people say he was dumb in DDD, but no one who says that ever brings up ANYTHING THAT HE COULD HAVE DONE. By the time Riku warned him it was too late.

They had plans years ago. If a revival is happening any time by 2019 the ideal time to announce is this weekend along with their other shows or that other Disney even in Q4.

What does that means?

I think he comes off as too one dimensional when he's always happy.

Angst doesn't make people deeper.

C-can Fran make an appearance too? I'd love to see how she would look in the Kingdom Hearts style.

Like this?

overlordjc.deviantart.com/art/SleepOver-Cut-Guests-1-155571984

Dream drop distance added that is was only a kingdom hearts not the kingdom hearts and nobodies naturally grow hearts back over time

He does feel other emotions like he gets sad when people are hurting and angry at xehanorts

My bet it's Frozen.

If it does I hope it's entirely new ccharacters and storyline after 3 with new unique concepts

>Anyone else hate Aqua? Most overrated Kingdom Hearts character ever.

I dont see why not. seeing both of them in there would be great

>Having said story scattered to inferior handhelds?
There's a reason why everything important is all on one game disc now, you know.

Unless they totally redo how that world works I have no reason to want to see a Pirates level after the shitshow that was the one in KH2.

Thats literally the only level I have zero enjoyment with whenever I replay KH2, can't fucking stand it

I like Sora, but I have to admit I never played DDD so I have no idea how he changed after KH2.

As for worlds, they already confirmed BH6 so I'm already happy. Maybe give Team Sora a shrinking ray so we can have Rescue Rangers and the Great Mouse Detective worlds.

I only really cared about Sora and Riku in KH1, in KH2 and all the spinoffs the super clunky dialogue and plot drove me off (with the exception of Days that got pretty emotional regardless of those things). Gameplay is consistently great though so I'm still looking forward to 3

>uld, what Non-Disney stuff would you like as worlds in Kingdom Hearts?
narudo's ninja sonic adventures grand slam

>If you could, what Non-Disney stuff would you like as worlds in Kingdom Hearts?

I'm probably going to get a lot of shit for this, but Steven Universe.

>He didn't enjoy the Grim Reaper boss fight.

I had more issues with KH2's Atlantica than I did Port Royal.

I want the Warriors of Light as a bonus boss. All four, at the same time.

Or give us a Luxendarc world

Nomura already said Sora is still the protagonist, it's his story.

Let's see those summoners.

This, but add this

Why is this post being ignored, TP and Atlantis were beautiful movies. Im still weirded and surprised how they put pirates of the carribian in the game

>Pic

Anyone else think that fox looks like Alopex from IDW TMNT?

It's true that a cameo appearance of Bravely Default can only improve Kingdom Hearts

But Bravely is perfect. It shouldn't mix with anything.

Explain yourself. Aqua is just Fighting Boobs in a game series where the other Small Boobs are Not Fighters. So....yeah that instantly made her the MOST overrated piece of shit ever created for Kingdom Hearts. And she has no personality to boot.

Put this blue haired bitch in any other shit like OK KO and watch how she doesn't stand out because every other twats there fights. Aqua is SHIT.

So is Scrooge McDuck but that didn't stop them anyway

>No Wall-E world with guest appearances by 2B and 9S
It writes itself dammit

Maybe someone already noticed this, but if we assume that Forms are tied to Keyblades now, what world could Power Form and it's keyblade be from? Guard Form has a yellow color scheme to match the Zeus Keyblade, so what could the dark red of Power Form go with?

Also,
>inferior
You mean, socially? How? Cuz the only person he could possibly lose to in a battle is Mickey, Xehanort, and MAYBE Riku.

Yeah, but I'm sure it's alluding to that one Foreteller

I just wanna see more non Nomura Final Fantasy characters

She would make a fantastic summon

Why? So they're bastardized and watered down? There is no satisfaction if a character is so unrecognizable from their original self that they may as well be different characters. That's what Kingdom Hearts does to Square Enix characters because Nomura is shit.

Also, hate how we'll never explore Final Fantasy worlds.

>9S and Sora get along great
>Always this sort of tension with 2B about 9S that is never flat out stated

or better yet

>Mt Olympus colosseum match
>Unlock something called Gestalt Match or something similar
>Start it up and get cutscene of Sora walking in
>This begins
youtube.com/watch?v=sbBGWRqt7uM

>If you could, what Non-Disney stuff would you like as worlds in Kingdom Hearts?
Shibuya

Also to add

>tfw there will never be a Nier world in KH3
>tfw no interactions with Sora and the world of Nier
>tfw Sora will never interact with Emil, 2B, or the others
tfw Sora will never seal the keyhole located in Emil's secret garden / Kaine's place

I've never played Automata is the rest of the music that great?

>he's inferior to riku
Riku is the Vegetacuck of KH and you know it.

Riku is by far the most overrated character.
He's the Sasuke of KH and his fanbase matches it.

Is that why he's obviously the character who most directly deals with the original story because he matures and constantly improves at Sora's expense?

I'm seeing a Megaman X dynamic here. Nomura or Inafune makes Zero the top tier character who drives the story and gets the best gameplay abilities. Sora/X is the default protagonist who Nomura is regrettably stuck with so he does the bare minimum with Sora.

>He's the Sasuke

Wrong. Sasuke is an ASSHOLE. Riku is a true bro and wingman. Riku was only antagonistic in Kingdom Hearts 1 and sadly people think he's like Sasuke because of it. Rest of the time? He's alright.

Square enix already treat their characters like shit
So I don't see a difference

I want a story that actually makes sense and is more Disney than Final Fantasy.

The music of Nier and Nier Automata is god tier.

>Sora and friends will never go into a Nier world.
>They'll never wind up fighting Shades, mistaking them for new types of Heartless
>They will never have to deal with the crippling realization of what they've done by killing Shades
>The Shadowlord and Organization 13 will never team up in some convoluted scheme to get hearts

Do replicants have hearts?

Aqua is amazing and perfect. The rest of the Protags are trash.

Nier ost (both first and automata) are top tier

youtube.com/watch?v=l_rWhda_xaI

depending on which Nier they do I'd love to see Sora interacting with 9S, Emil, or Papa Nier with Yonah

Kaine would be hilarious

>tfw Donald will never talk with Grimoire Weiss as they bitch at each other over magic while Sora and Nier shrug it off
>tfw no Grimoire Weiss summon ever

It would be the perfect summon!

>"Gorsh Sora, I don't know about these guys, they seem kinda mean."
>"Shut your fucking mouth, dog, before I put my foot up your ass."
>"Dwon't use dwat kinda wanguage!"
>"You want some of this, duck!?"

He doesn't need to be angsty or anything.
It's just that when they make him really happy-go-lucky they have a habit of dumbing him down too and sometimes it seems a little childish instead of just silly.

I'm fine with an optimistic Sora, as long as he isn't too dumb or childlike. Happy and silly (but not dumb) would be good!

Nomura doesn't know how to do this right. Remember how in Kingdom Hearts 2 Roxas "dies" at the end of his tutorial and the first thing Sora does when he shows up in the cut scene? He merrily skips in a circle like a 5 year old holding hands with Donald and Goofy.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sora. It's just that Nomura really fucked up the writing process for this protagonist.

This.

I like Sora as a character too, but the writing for him is just terrible with the sense of development just phasing in and out at random.

How is it KH1 Sora is more of cynical than DDD Sora? Did they inject him with fucking happy juice when was asleep for a year?

Think that Namine destroyed Sora's personality while she was "fixing" him.

Speaking of which, Namine is going to be revived, anyone else hate this? Think about it, Namine coming back means a character who has absolute Mind Control over Sora returns. It sounds like a bad idea, she should stay dead precisely because she can Mind Rape Sora for whatever petty whim she has. That and Mind Rape anyone who knows Sora.

What Final Fantasy? There's far more Disney than FF in these games in just about everything, which isn't saying much but still.

Most of the real meat lies with the OC's doing their shit around all the Disney and FF stuff. At least they more or less get the characterization for the Disney characters right, because they sure as fuck didn't do with most of the FF cast.

Can the other not!Kairi come back instead?

That's why I lost respect for Nomura as a storyteller. Look, Nomura is mediocre at best. But REVIVING characters to satisfy fanboys and fangirls? That is abysmal writing.

Not literally Final Fantasy, I mean a story that is more simple and clean, with emotional pull, than the bloated mess that it is now with the more JRPG OC stuff.

She's technically a Square owned character and could be included in if they tried.

And so could the Elric brothers and Shinigami/Lord Death, but you don't see Square Enix doing that now do you?

>Steven Universe in Kingdom Hearts.

Knowing Sugar, she's probably fangasm at the opportunity.

But how would it work?

Steven replaces Goofy as your shield-bro, the Crystal Gems as some weird multi-form summon where you can summon either them separately or different combinations of them, and the actual level is about fighting corrupted gems who've been combined with Heartless.

But they could

>Olympus
>Agrabah (King of Thieves storyline)
>Big Hero Six
>Frozen
>Tangled
>Wreck-It Ralph
>Zootopia
>Moana
>Toy Story
>Princess & The Frog
>Treasure Planet
>Lilo and Stitch (on the islands)
>Port Royal (Dead Men Tell no Tales storyline)

I can see this being the lineup for Kingdom Hearts III. Hunchback is also a possibility since DDD was just a dream and they can possibly bring it back as a legit world with Frollo as a boss.

Itd be fucking great if u could have Steven and Goofy in your team for double sheild action
>Guard form uses a shield
>two sheild bros
>Triple Shield Combo Mania

Pretty much what said, but with some changes.

>Steven replaces Goofy as your shield-bro.

That and a better healer.

>the Crystal Gems as some weird multi-form summon where you can summon either them separately or different combinations of them

Either that or they help you out in certain battles in the same way Hercules and Queen Minnie did in KH2.

>and the actual level is about fighting corrupted gems who've been combined with Heartless.

Don't forget Gem-based Nobodies and Heartless learning how to fuse by observing The Crystal Gems fusing (bonus points if they see Ruby and Sapphire fusing back into Garnet). We've seen what happens when a Gem's gemstone is cracked, now imaged said Gem losing a key part of their being and becomes something like this.

As for the story, I can see the villains being...

>Jasper with assistance from Pete.
>Aquamarine and Topaz (with Topaz defecting to your side after a certain point and Aquamarine using a boss Heartless like Clayton or Barbossa)
>The Diamonds with assistance from Maleficent/Xehanort.

The music would probably be somewhat different, with the main battle themes being remixed with said Gem's leimotif. I can already hear some of Jasper's leimotif playing in The Encounter.

>He merrily skips in a circle like a 5 year old holding hands with Donald and Goofy.

I can almost forgive this and the way Sora behaves through most of KH2, because of the fact that Namine brain damaged him.

>Think that Namine destroyed Sora's personality while she was "fixing" him.

This guy gets it.

Honestly Roxas just behaves like CoM Sora.
KH1 Sora didn't even feel as childish and dumb as KH2 Sora! In DDD I didn't think Sora felt dumb, but he was strangely optimistic in a way where it felt like he didn't take anything seriously.

>Dead Men Tell No Tales
>No Davy Jones
Pass.

>Gem-based Nobodies.

Nobodies are uncanny as is, they don't need the added horrors caused by a cracked Gem.

>Heartless learning how to fuse by observing The Crystal Gems fusing (bonus points if they see Ruby and Sapphire fusing back into Garnet)
>bonus points if they see Ruby and Sapphire fusing back into Garnet
>Garnet watching in sheer horror as two Heartless bastardize everything that she represents and the potential beatdown she'll get from said fusion Heartless.
>mfw it'll probably be worse than her reaction to the Cluster Gems from Keeping It Together.

Jesus, and I thought her reaction to THAT was bad...

I really hope Namine does not come back because she has a habit of screwing things up. She completely messed up Sora. She helped mess with Roxas. She has too much power but not enough of a strong personality to be responsible with it.

Also Namine seemed to be genuinely fine with merging with Kairi. In fact I think she was the only one who wanted to merge with their other self. Namine spent most of CoM trying to either replace, or be Kairi for Sora and even presented herself as Kairi to motivate Riku. She is literally a piece of Kairi and unlike Roxas, she never saw herself as being separate from Kairi.

If they do bring Namine back and make her her own person, completely separate from Kairi with her own body- it'll be extremely shitty writing and will actually not make any sense.

Namine was fine with telling Roxas DiZ's hate speech for nobodies, and she was fine with being with and helping Kairi even though she started getting fuzzy/fading just by walking with her. Namine willingly and happily fused with Kairi at the end of KH2. Data Namine also said Namine didn't exist anymore which she was obviously fine with.

Not sure if Disney would allow that.

(Also) There might be too many complications with copyright/ownership and also payment.

He's coming back, right?

That's a good idea. Fran, not blathier

>>Port Royal

They should merge Dead Man's Chest and At Worlds End for KH3. (or if they have more visits, then just make DMC be the first visit and AWE the second visit.)

>KH thread on the chan
>always full of the most retarded suggestions for worlds

Why does this happen every time? I remember people writing manifestos for The Last Airbender being in the game

There's almost nowhere to avoid dumb suggestions for worlds that aren't even owned/under by Disney or Square Enix. It's practically impossible.

But some suggestions for stuff that are actually under Disney or SE can be just as stupid.

But hey sometimes it's fun to think about it and wonder how it would work in the game.

He already appeared in DDD

>He already appeared in DDD.

That's what he was referring to, you dense fuck. He wants the TWEWY cast tonappear in another KH game.

and they spoil a huge twist for twewy too