Discuss

Discuss

Well, Fassbender does love the blackies

Face it cracka...*smacks lips*...Yo white ass just hit da muthafuckin jackpot, mmhmmmm~~

Discuss

are we supposed to read this right to left? The fuck's with that?

incorrect.

is that what you wanted to hear, OP?

because if so I'm glad we're in genuine agreement.

"""""Michelle""""" was easily the worst part of the movie. All her appearances felt forced as fuck and overall she was annoying as fuck, though the actress emotes well, the cherry on top was: "My friends call me MJ" so much for her character totally not being "Mary Jane".

Doesnt matter, shes getting retconned anyway

After seeing the film, I don't get the hype for Zendaya's character. She's barely a blip and she's really annoying.

You forgot one.

wew lad

At least the spic is cute.

Unless this was made in Japn, it doesn't quite work in its current order.

It has to be MJ's appearance, then Michneato's reaction.

Right now it looks as though he's calling comic MJ perfection, which she is, and then what's her face shows up with a pout.
Which very well could be the joke now that I think about it. Hm. Someone post that Oglaf strip.

What's your favorite MJ Sup Forums?

Mine is from that era when she was actually a famous super model doing photoshoots and living in that apartment with Peter.

Art wise I like Campbells stuff.

>EVERY ADAPTATION SHOULD BE A 1:1 TRANSLATION OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL REEEEEEEEEE

Unironically this. They should. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

tsundere high school girls are literally god's gift to mankind, I tell ya hwhat

G8 B8 M8!

Characters adapted from a visual medium to another visual medium should retain their key visual traits.

Why is this right-to-left?

Keep 'em coming.

Literally yes.

Only if they're hot, though.

Michelle was just a cunt though.
The actual tsundere was the Vulture.

I wouldn't mind it as much if Zendaya had died her hair red, and was more outgoing and less cuntish.

The actual tsundere was Flash

Flash was the buttmonkey comic relief.

Yeah but he was totally gay for Peter

I think she's hot, but beauty is all subjective

Nah you can tell she's into him by how she knows exactly what extracurriculars he has and her gaze when he leaves the table at the end

Actually she's just mixed.

Read with Dave Chapelle's voice, this fucking killed me

I'm more confused why it's almost always the redhead who becomes black. Iris West, Jimmy Olsen, Barbara Gordon, Annie, and now Mary Jane, just off the top of my head.

It really fires up the ol' synapses.

Actually everything I got out from Michelle is that she was a cunt for no reason. I blame her jokes, they just fell flat instead of funny and she ends up being completely unlikeable.

This is especially true when dealing with superhero films. I've read them my whole life, but let's not pretend that superhero comics are untouchable brilliance.

It's an open secret the jews hate gingers.

She was more just a woke jackass. Like the middle finger moment. She kind of establishes why I don't want to meet Tumblr users in real life.

>a 1960s era spiderman period piece

It would be amazing.
It also feels like you two would recoil in horror at the idea of an ACTUALLY accurate Spider-Man movie but it would still be fucking amazing.

Also, fuck you. Dumbass.

>a cunt for no reason

Nah, she's a cunt because she likes him. Its very common teenage behavior. The mentality being that "negative attention is still attention!"

I thought the middle finger moment was her being like "you should have taken me to homecoming"

>She was more just a woke jackass.
Ah yeah, the stuff about the Lincoln monument made by slaves and whatnot. I'm not American so I don't really care but it reminded me of the internet libs.

I'd take her to homecoming, if you know what I mean.

Supporting characters often had red hair to differentiate them on the page.
Supporting characters are often the first in line to be blackwashed by Hollywood.
Plus Jews hate gingers.

>that scene with the math club
Guess she likes everybody in the club aswell.
Her default personality is being an annoying cunt and as this user said , she had those horrible woke teenager moments too.
Pretty shit character overall.

What scene in the math club? I don't remember a math club.

>Barbara Gordon
hispanic

and yet they cast them in movies, cast actors who aren't redheaded but dye them anyway and allow them to be in nearly every major cg animated release. There's not that many of them irl.

>I thought the middle finger moment was her being like "you should have taken me to homecoming"
You're reading too much into your headcanon.

There was nothing that hinted to Michelle being into Peter other than the reveal she was revealed to be this universe's Mary Jane.

The stupid science team Peter was in.

The nice thing about the Raimi movies is that society didn't get obsessed with their phones and social media and casting white characters white wasnt demonized yet so while "modern" it doesn't feel so in a way that obliterates the feel of 60's spidey. Changing Peters photography to smart phone blogging bullshit and that "woke" casting decisions murdered it.

Actually her showing up to quiz practice and getting weird when she stated she knows when Peter ditches kind of hinted stalker traits.

I mean she acts like a fucking teenager. still a ginourmous cunt in the movie.

Her character is that of an unlikable cunt who's to cool for school.

I guarantee that she will do a complete 180 when she begins her relationship with Peter in the next movie

Teenagers are cunts by nature so it's not surprising, but compared to everyone else she takes the prize. Even Pajeet Flash was harmless.

I'm totally confused and not sure what you're talking about. I only remember the decathalon

>she knows Peter quit band and some other thing
>she stays with and sketches Peter in detention
>the way she watches him leave after she says she's MJ

>she knows Peter quit band and some other thing
Because she's supposedly too cool to be as dumb as everyone else, yeah.
>she stays with and sketches Peter in detention
Literally did the same with the teacher, in fact sketching people in detention is a hobby of hers.
>the way she watches him leave after she says she's MJ
Literally what I meant. Their only romantic connection so fat is the meta-fact that she's Mary Jane.

>Implying Sony/Marvel doesnt backpedal and introduce Mary Jane in the sequel
Casuals didnt like it either

She's always stalking him and then claiming it's not like she likes him or anything, baka.

It'd be extremely "problematic" if they did, so I don't think they'll back off on Zendaya, though the personality change is very plausible even without the discontent of the fans. It's just the natural progression of the character
>bitchy girl opens he heart to beta boy

Okay look. We know that she likes him, because of the MJ scene. This isn't a sudden development, there's no catalyst in their relationship for her to suddenly change her feelings towards him, so we can assume that she likes him throughout the movie. Therefore, reading romantic undertones into her actions is a perfectly legitimate analysis of her character. You may disagree with that interpretation, but it is not invalid nor fictional headcanon.

Casuals weren't supposed to like MJ in the first movie

Casuals will gobble it right the fuck up when MJ falls for Peter as she slowly uncovers that he's spiderman

It was more than that, it was stuff like.
>>You're at this lame party too.
>>Am I?
Like, everything about her character screams "I'm so much smarter than all of you" and it was just annoying.

>implying they'll backpedal THAT much

MJ will be introduced, but she will be a background character equivalent to Zandaya's role in the first movie.

In the third movie, Michelle will come out as a lesbian and dump Peter. Peter will then movie on to the plus-sized MJ

They probably regulate her to snarky friend, either that or a love triangle MJ vs MJ style.
>Casuals werent supposed to like MJ in the first movie
Is that really the defense you're going with here? Fucking Christ

No, not really, if you need external sources to justify why a character may feel one way then it is a characterization problem.
Yes, we know she's the appointed love interest of Peter because she's playing Mary Jane, but take that out of the equation and everything that remains is the snarky, annoying, smarter-than-you ""comic"" relief. There was nothing hinting that Michelle was into Peter other than the stalker scene that was played to be dismissive to Peter yet again just like every single scene she had with him.

I at least agree with changing the Vulture.
The original was fucking lame.

>MJ will be introduced
And then her neck will *snap* leaving Michelle as his sole love interest.

Vulture was absolutely fantastic I agree.
My favourite character of the entire movie.
It's really weird because I related more than him and his problems than I did to Peter. Everything after it's revealed he's Liz father is wonderful.

I'm happy he didn't got Marvel'd. And I hope he's considered for the inevitable Thunderbolts movie.

what the fuck, is this real? i haven't seen the new movie

Feige claims she isn't Mary Jane, but at the same she outright calls herself MJ in the movie.

Yes.

Other than that movie is pretty good. Best villain in all MCU period.

Fine, vandalize the source material, but at least write a decent fucking story. You can't just completely replace looks, personalities, actions and events and still have the same old motifs, that makes no sense.

Yeah, it's "Michelle", who's revealed to be called MJ by friends. She's a SJW type stalker with unfunny gags.

>She's a SJW type stalker with unfunny gags
And a nigger.

I'd still fuck in an instant

What is the external source? I'm talking about the way she looks at Peter when he's leaving. In the movie. Nothing from outside the movie.

I could see Michelle being a Gwen stand in, dont know how she would die though. Anything is better than web hand

>Is that really the defense you're going with here? Fucking Christ

Its not a defense, how the fuck are you supposed to like her? I can't think of any other explanation other that "she supposed to be unlikeable" cause if they made her that way thinking she was gonna be likeable... whew

I'm sure young girls feel represented by that cunt. Not even joking.

Her playing MJ is the outside source.
The look at the end was just sequel bait.

Like I said you can interpret it the way you want, I can interpret it the way I want. I'm a teacher and I've seen that unrequited love look a million times.

mj is old trash
liz is new hotness

make her the emma frost to petey's scott

>my personal experiences are facts
wew lad

Betty was the cutest tho.

>Liz fags will now become a thing.

Completely unheard of and terrifying. Not that it matters, Felicia will always be best girl.

>opens up more in the sequel and gets closer to Peter
>surprises him with a makeover for whatever special occasion
Cliche, but I could easily see Zendaya saying the classic 'jackpot' line and pulling off comic MJ's personality, a main reason I'm surprised they ended up changing her for the movie anyway.

How did you read the second sentence without reading the first? Its an interpretation. Not a fact.

Are you the same fag who cried over them doing If This Be My Destiny, despite completely bastardizing it? Zendaya's personality is the polar opposite of MJ's, having her look prettier will not fix shit.

Enjoy your waifu playing sideshow to Silver Sable kek.

Ugh, I just imagined Michelle doing the classic line and it sounds so fucking weird in my head. Hopefully that never happens. Giving her that much of a personality shift would be total whiplash.

>Zendaya's personality is the polar opposite of MJ's, having her look prettier will not fix shit.
If only she could, you know, fake the personality, like doing some kind of... acting, right?

>inb4 the only instance she does it is sarcastic

That would be the most retarded shit ever. And still wouldn't make up for the fact that the extroverted, out going MJ was a depressive loner introvert.

Enjoy yours never being relevant apart from a few cameos in Slott's shitty book.

My Marvel-fu isn't even Spider-Man related, you dumb Catfag.

The way I'm reading this is that he thought the 2D MJ was perfection, and then suddenly she changed into whoever that that bitch is in the bottom-right.

Then she's probably getting less representation than Liz

Tumblr will bitch like they always do and say Sony morphed her into a misrepresentation of women or some dumb shit.

>implying she's getting bastardized in a shitty movie or the crapfest that's the comics
Enjoy your "representation".

Yeah but literally no one defending the casting can answer me why they made her ugly.

Seriously you can say absolutely anything you want about the diversity of superheroes and their love interests but fact is Marvel isn't pushing any UGLY heroes or love interests.

Hell the closest is SpOck's midget waifu and let's be real she's supposed to be super attractive just a dwarf.

>Yeah but literally no one defending the casting can answer me why they made her ugly
Because ugly chick becomes gorgeous cliche.

shes qt tho

She looks like a man.