THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA 2 storytim

This just came out

Last time I asked whether you'll be able to tell whether this was written by a comics vet or some rando from tumblr.

The answer was yes
because not even tumblr shit has art this abhorrent

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/comics/2017/06/30/divided-states-of-hysteria-lynching-cover/
youtube.com/watch?v=rkJf9efNYPg
www46.zippyshare.com/v/GgSmLJY9/file.html
userscloud.com/xi0c3ixpjolb
userscloud.com/0koybb7t8pnh
imagecomics.com/about/faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

while you wait for me to dump this whole thing (and edit each page to fall below the size limit) check out the Calexit #1 storytime over here
it has similar themes but won't make your eyes bleed (as much)

Here we fucking go!!!

huh someone linked to one of my storytimes...this is weird for me. Have not read it yet but I did storytime issue 1 after the controversy started.

yeah so last issue a bunch of black women made "HERSTORY" and alloha snackbarr'd New York with bombs they hid in their wombs

and now it turns out they were snukes (howard chaykin remembers south park)

you can find the old storytime ondesuarchive

as well as the other storytime posted

or the storytime of this issue someone else already made....

well shit

Uh...Won't the nuclear bombs just pulverize the neurotoxin in a split second?
I got it. It is just pulled up a level on ludicriosity.

God what a year for comics I swear were going to have some storytime of pains for next year.

fuck it

(nice background characters)

I think this page might be an allegory to some other refugee crisis in some other part of the world

I dunno

that guy in green in the bottom left reminds me of steven segal

>madame president

kek

anyone see that video of Buckley making his comics by dragging and dropping B^U faces into a panel? this comic is like that but with drones

The artwork in comics just gets worse and worse

I think these characters were in the last issue or something

not the lone stealth bomber flying right over

It's just retarded, nothing chemical is going to survive in the fireball.

DUDE DRONES

how many more shots of the horribly drawn prison with the horribly phottoshopped on oversized text do we need?

four

we need four
also the trap in the bottom panel looks very Hanna Barbara

What the flamin' fuck is wrong with this book?
Is it supposed to be a dark comedy? Because it feels like they're playing it a tad too straight to be a joke.

fug I forgot the page

>THEY HATE NEW YORK CUZ ITZ INCLOOSIVE

the white supremacy organization is called the White Knights

thanks Chaykin

wtf they're insulting the female prez I hate chaykin now

motherfuck I forgot the page again

Chaykin is behind this

RACE WAR NOW

oh yeah, there was some really dumb controversy over the cover of one of the issues

comicbook.com/comics/2017/06/30/divided-states-of-hysteria-lynching-cover/

I guess the cover is meant to represent this page

Did I saw four shots of the poorly drawn prison? Because here it is again.

Really proud of you for drawing those boxes and having the rest of the shit staff put letters on em

pay attention to this page

you'll be seeing it again

forgot to mention that guard in the backround was doing the autistic screeching pose

also here's some writing

I have no idea what's happening on the last panel here

dude social commentary

>she

youtube.com/watch?v=rkJf9efNYPg

and that's that

coming up next: WORDS

The random tweets, facebook posts, and all those numerals and letters aren't helping at all

>alt-right, or as we call them in my house, Nazis

ALT RIGHT BTFO

no chaykin I will not buy your book

fun fact, it's the same few twitter screncaps copypasted in both issue 1 and 2 (and the next ones)

so here's more letters, I haven't read them because they seem even dumber than what the author is writing but I will later

that part about the butt was okay

The first sounds like an acquaintance's frothing libertarian rants except not libertarian.

Do you enjoy people making asses of themselves?

okay that's it

if you want this abomination on your computer you can download it over here

www46.zippyshare.com/v/GgSmLJY9/file.html
userscloud.com/xi0c3ixpjolb
userscloud.com/0koybb7t8pnh

Say 'America' to Europeans or Asians and the image that comes to their minds is typically New York City

This is incorrect. Mostly it's guys in cowboy hats.

What the fuck is any of this? Trying to follow along is even harder with this powerpoint-level art

>Destruction and murder everywhere
>Denver just emboldened guys with Burqa fetishes
Denver's alright in my book.

That's actually a pretty small area, all told. Tons of people in that area, tho.

And didn't they explode themselves in an airport? None of the regional airports are in Manhattan.

>Muslims, Jews and gays are targets of hate crimes
>black guy is killed in the commission of a crime

What's Chaykin trying to say here?

>White Supremacists, Black Supremacists and Muslim fundies working together
>while complaining about diversity

In fact, it seems like the terrorists are the only people who can work with other racial/ethnic groups.

Butthurt writer about the victory of Trump. Lol, he should just kill himself and do us a favor by sparing us this drek.

As a New Yorker I have to say this is incredibly retarded. Everyone fucking hates everybody here. I worked the 911 Ems service for 5 years and I have to say, no one cares about anyone. Every aspect of New York and Brooklyn is divided. One minute you're dealing With Dominicans yelling at you and the next you're in Williamsburg dealing with Hasidic Jews yelling at you not touch their wife who destroyed her ankle. One night we were called onto the North shore of Staten Island where we had to deal with Niggers running around behind us trying to get close enough to the accident so they can take pictures of the accident. The next 4 hours was nothing but Niggers heckling the police officers for not letting them get close to the accident. Diversity is fucking misery.

It comes down to this liberal fucking mentality of these invading college students from all over America who think we are the Mecca of of their Echo chamber. The only good thing is the amount of diversity within the fuck pool. That's it. You can get any type of woman you want, especially in the Fall when the Colleges bring in new girls who want to be free. So their first idea of being free is to go to a bar and fuck the first guy they see. When it comes down to it we are the inclusive when it comes to hate fucking.

That's pretty fucking different to my experiences living in Queens all my life. After 9/11, people were far less assholish to each other. It's inched back up since then, but nothing like what it used to be before that.

As for Brooklyn, ain't you all united in your hate for the hipsters who are pricing everyone out of their neighborhoods?

This is fantastically bad.

It feels like Chaykin has never really gotten how to work with the digital age and this comic's art is the height of it.

Wait, so this means Prison Industrial Complex guy was in on the bombing - and in on the bomb going off early?

>Butthurt writer
Butthurt poster

Hey let's make a comic with the same exact fucking panel layout for every page. It's not lazy, it's artistic!

What a lazy complaint

>I shouldn't be so terribly shocked to find myself in a world in which people who have chosen to be members of the comic book audience have taken it upon themselves to earnestly believe they're entitled to tell those of us who make this stuff which stories we can and cannot tell

Storytellers require an audience. Storytellers who wish to make a career on telling stories, require a satisfied audience. If the storyteller disregards what the audience wants, then their career will have a short life span.

Creators like Chaykin fail to understand how basic business principle works. Creator makes thing, consumer buys thing, everyone wins. But when you tell the consumer to fuck off and stop being "entitled", then you create a problem.

It's not as black and white as that.

This comic is abject garbage but he had every right to make it. I came in expecting nothing. I was still disappointed but it happens.

It's not the same as suddenly making Mega Man a transwoman or some equally terrible betrayal of an already established fanbase. Those fans ARE entitled to be able to continue to enjoy the franchise they've invested time and money into. There's an expectation that the creator won't suddenly ruin everything.

But this? This was trash from the start, but it's like telling a 14 year old on deviant art that his sonic OC sucks.

>but he had every right to make it.
True, he does have the right. But he also needs to understand that readers - the consumers - have every right to proclaim their dissatisfaction. If all Chaykin wanted to do was tell this story, then he could have made a fucking blog post about it and left it at that. Instead, he chose to publish through Image comics.

Image comics is a business. It's in their best interest to publish books that will create high demand so they can make money and stay afloat in an industry on its last legs. I'll never understand why they allowed this book to get past the pitch phase.

I don't think you understand how Image Comics works.

Yeah i have no idea how this shit got greenlit either. I guess what I'm saying is we're entitled to criticize bad works but not necessarily entitled to actually getting good ones.

Here's where he gets me though. He's got four pages that basically amount to "If you don't like my book, you're just a Nazi! Look at all these guys who loved it!". What a douche.

>Doesn't understand how Image Comics work
>HOW DID THIS GET GREENLIT GUYS?!?!?!

Your first mistake was thinking Image works the same way as other comics companies.

imagecomics.com/about/faq

>Image was set up so that creators could do what they want with their creations, and reap the benefits financially. When a book is published by Image, creators are not paid up front. It can sometimes be two or three months before one sees money from a book. It sounds rough, and it most definitely can be. But if it’s done right, the payoff can be far more rewarding than producing a book in the conventional manner.

>When the creator does finally get paid, they get paid on what their book makes after the cost of printing and Image’s modest office fee, which covers solicitations, traffic, production, and some promotion of the book. We make no more money off of our highest selling book than we do our lowest.