This movie is so cringey other than spiderman himself and I guess Peter too, why are minorities shoved in everywhere?

This movie is so cringey other than spiderman himself and I guess Peter too, why are minorities shoved in everywhere?

I live in the same neighborhood as Parker, it's pretty diverse.

>why are there minorities in queens
confirmed for not being a new yorker

Well, the real answer is Amy Pascal who kept a hand in the Homecoming production despite being on the outs with Sony. You know, Amy of Ghostbusters (2016) fame? The same Amy whos emails were hacked showing her making horribly racist jokes about Barack Obama, and dismissed the gender pay gap while tooling around on Sony's private jet like she was a 1920's hollywood mogul?

To make the second highest opening Spider-Man movie out there thanks to Marvel.

Can we please get rid of the word "cringe"?

Not the point, niggers.
Liz Allen, Flash Thompson, Ned Leeds, MJ and Shocker are all white characters.

Shocker was black?

>Shocker
>white

Because they aren't minorities anymore.

Not in this universe which is clearly superior

>The state of OP

None of these characters except MJ are important/popular enough for a race-change to matter. And it's a justified change, since this is what New York is actually like.

And Ned is quite obviously based on Ganke, who they named "Ned" in case they ever wanted him to turn heel.

The pay gap is a myth

I say this as a fat guy myself but

There's no way they can put him on a goblin glider and not look ridiculous

Everything is a myth, user. What's your point?

Because he lives in New York City in the current era. It would be weird if there were only a bunch of white people.

You brought it up when it was different than your other points

Who gives a shit and why? It's really not effecting the story.

shocker is german, but they changed his skin tone for sjw points in that retarded comic

new MJ is qt3.14

Did you watch the movie? A white guy was the shocker and then he fucked uo

At least Shocker I lived longer than Slipknot.
Long live Shocker II.

You're right, and thats the point. Amy was dismissive of this social justice talking point when it came to doing her own job, which was to pay actresses as little as possible. Typical limousine liberal, she only cares about this stuff as far as it furthers her own career.

The person you're responding to didn't bring up those other points, I did. But its an user board so mistaken identities are understandable.

Honestly the ONLY thing that bothered me in Homecoming was that Civil War established Peter as a kid who didn't know what an AT-AT was, and then in Homecoming his room is full of Star Wars shit and he and Ned geek out together over a Lego Death Star.

Why wasn't it as cringey for the whole of movie history when it was the other extreme and nearly all important roles were played by whiteys?

You realize what you're saying is "diversity is good, but I don't want to see it"?

Maybe he got into it after the fight in CW

But yeah, not knowing about Star Wars when you're a nerd is ridiculous

Spider-Man diversityposting will always be funny to me

MUH WHITE CHARACTERS

Rapanjit

But that's just mulan

ok last one

Christ, we get it, you hate seeing minorities in the media. Can we stop making this fucking thread already?

Okay this might actually be an improvement though. Dat brown tummy.

This is whitewashing and it's not ok!

This one made me giggle.

Here we go, not mah Spidermans. Different universe, deal with it. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

There was a white Shocker at first, Vulture killed him because he was a fuckup AND stupid enough to threaten blackmail upon being fired. The Vulture gave the black guy the gauntlet afterward because he was slightly less of a fuckup.

Also Liz Allen is still half white, seeing as Vulture is her dad and he's white.

Michelle Jones is a completely different character from Mary Jane Watson. Her initials being "MJ" does not make her the MCU version of Mary Jane.

As for Flash and Ned? I don't give a shit about their skin color, I'm just bothered that Flash is scrawny. Even aside the high school bully angle, this pretty well rules out an MCU version of Agent Venom.

And Ned was just fucking redundant. Even if he was a white guy like in the comics instead of being Ganke in all but name, Ned would still have been pointless and annoying.

>>why are minorities shoved in everywhere?

It takes place in New York?

>Michelle Jones is a completely different character from Mary Jane Watson. Her initials being "MJ" does not make her the MCU version of Mary Jane.

Don't be disingenuous, you and I both know that's not true.

>talking shit about Superior Foes
Fuck you, that shit's gold.
Shocker II was great, I hope he comes back with a mask. Even if it's just for a cold open that would make my day.

>Liz ALLAN
>Adrian TOOMES
He's her stepdad, user. Not that it makes a difference.

>MJ is not Mary Jane
So if they introduced J Jonah Jameson, but the J stood for Jerry instead of John, would it be J Jonah or a completely different character?

>YFW The Vulture is a cuck

Liz didn't have a surname in the credits

She might as well be Toomes

I always saw this as him trying to explain to THEM what he was referring to. Maybe its just my area but unless you were a fan,not many people know what an AT-AT is,and what planet Hoth is either

boo hoo

women dont take the surname anymore. infact with a strong black wife it is likely adrian allen

so youll sell out for a couple of cheap slapstick laughs?

Oh boy it's a pol thread. Better put on my dunce hat.

Good to see another Forest Hills bro here.

Opinions, different tastes, etc., but I thought it was a cool crime story with some neat twists. So if I'm selling out, it's because I like good crime stories where people fuck each other over between jokes. Besides, apparently he was supposed to come off as overly tanned or something, not ambiguous brown.

There's no way they're going to have the fat nerdy cringy Asian guy turn heel.

Without changing the nose, Tiana looks high yellow instead of white.

Liz didn't have a surname in the movie retard probably specifically for that reveal.

Former fatty here, everyone asks "why you lose weight your fine"
The answer is, fat people look ridiculous trying anything cool. Of course, that's the answer no one wants to hear.

theres no way that kid could fuckin pull it off either

He needs to fucking burn off all that lard.

Because the Jews have been running an anti-white agenda for a while and they've been receiving help from self-hating whites and all non-whites united.

So Liz wasn't called Liz Allen, isn't credited as Liz Allen, and it is implied if not outright stated that Toomes is her biological father.
Seems like there isn't any reason to consider her to even be an adaptation of Liz Allen at all, just a girl named Liz.

>not liking delicious brown Liz

Fuck outta here.

Looking at the credits, they don't give any of his classmates surnames.

Which makes me wonder why they went out of their way to mention that Shocker #2 is Herman Schultz instead of just Herman. For that matter, giving Shocker #1 the same full real name as Montana from the Enforcers.

I didn't realize Mason was Phineas Mason until the credits, either.

Why full names for the henchmen, first names only for the students? Planned Sinister Six movie?

Planned Superior Foes movie

Good lord, please, grant us this and do it well

Worst part of that show. I was hoping that bitch could get Gwen's comics treatment.

I was kinda bummed there wasn't more forest hills in the movie, except I guess the party was supposed to be in the gardens and there was a single mention of queens boulevard

>Montana was Shocker I
Shit, missed that detail. Nice catch.

I didn't notice any scenes filmed in Forest Hills at all - Peter seemed to live in Astoria. Heck, they never even mentioned Forest Hills that I noticed. At least they showed Queens Blvd a few times.

Liz's house didn't look like Forest Hills Gardens, especially given how all the houses there have to look like an old German village. It read more like Holliswood to me, or even Nassau, given that Aunt May says it's in the suburbs. We didn't get to see enough of the surrounding area to really tell where it was filmed.

It would be really nice to see a Spidey film or show that actually uses Forest Hills HS for once. They're pretty proud about being Peter's alma matter. I wonder if the Ramones songs were a reference to that?

Only realized it when I went home and googled the name Shocker #1 was given in the credits.

I haven't seen Homecoming, but this double standard is fucking bullshit. Sup Forums was tripping over itself to be angry about the ghost in the shell movie white washing Motoko, someone using an artificial body. None of the things you mentioned justified or excused changing the race of characters.

we need to sell comics to minorities. DUHHHHH

That's pretty hot

I am okay with this movie.
Except Flash. How the hell has that guy not been beaten up several times

"Oh look, it's PENIS Par" *BAM* right hook.

>Former fatty
As a fatty thinking of getting in shape.. How heavy were you?

I gotta be honest, I've experienced plenty of people like that back in highschool, not sure why they didn't get their ass kicked back then either.

hmm I guess my school had a higher quality of bullies

bullies are always shit quality
But then again the school I graduated from only had like 70 people in my class. You couldn't really beat the shit out of someone without going noticed. The high school I went to for freshman year definitely had some kids that might have killed someone.

damn

I still prefer Flash from ASM. That guy looked like a bully and had the physical appearance.

I have a friend who unironically enjoys DfP and Alex Jones and he thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
You'd have to be actually autistic to hate the film this much just because of the minorities.

I did like that Flash from what I saw, I also like this Flash a bit too. I really don't give a shit about race changes to characters and I like the idea of him struggling as a student and hates Peter because he hardly seems to study.

I would really like to see a Flash that becomes a Spider-Man fanboy. We only saw a glimpse of that in ASM. Too bad the ASM movies are terrible. apart from Gwen

I couldn't really give much of a shit about race changes. I get why they happen. Shit, I'd want to see someone who looks like me on the screen to, so whatever.

I only had a few problems with the movie, but the good parts still carried it.
I just didn't like Karen too much or the drone, even though I will admit I chuckled at some Karen moments. Some jokes were out of place. Vulture didn't have to make a joke about killing that guy and Peter really didn't have to notice the gum in the bus he was thrown into. Loved the rubble scene, just wish it didn't have the voice over in it.

The suit has grown on me a lot. The colors still make it look a bit fake even when it's actually a suit on the actor. Hope to see a new variation of it next film. I really enjoyed the multiple web shots. It reminds me of the crazy web shots he had in the original comic run.

None of these characters had big enough followings, fanbases, and were often boiled down to a single trait of "bully", "love interest", "friend" where race-changing mattered. So doing it actually helped it feel more like New York rather than "muh integrity" for the original source of one-dimensional characters anyway.

Gwen was the best part of those movies. Hands down

But the thing ASM 1&2 did right was Spider-man. Horrible Peter, but amazing spider-man.
Peter was a cool dude who just became cooler.
Spider-man was a quipping, ass-kicking, spider sense-using machine.
but the crane scene..

I was sorta okay with the race-swapping.. but just imagine if we took some of the normally black characters like Hobbie and turned him and his family white.. Oh boy

Oh and one single thing I would have changed in the new movie: Change the teachers name into Miles Warren.

not in Queens, cowpoke

The one thing I would have changed is during the car ride to the dance have Peter say to Liz that he lost his internship because he overextended himself. And make it clear that Toomes hears it.
I know it's super hokey but I can't help but wish for maximum pottery.

So when Peter looked up the information of the criminal gun buyer he saved from Shocker #1, I noticed the computer info mentioned he was also known as "The Prowler". But I never caught the guy's name - was he Hobie, or something else? Cast list isn't helping.

>Oh and one single thing I would have changed in the new movie: Change the teachers name into Miles Warren.

One of the other teachers is actually named Mrs. Warren. Female Jackal coming?

I understand your argument about turning black characters white, but I guess my thing is.... yeah people would get mad, put then again another set of people would get equally as mad for them changing a white character to something else. So... eh... It's just kind of a grey area for me. I guess I just don't think it's a horrible thing if white people don't make up a majority of the cast.