>Most iconic building in the MCU

>>Most iconic building in the MCU
>>Sold off for some facility upstate.

Why did they do this? Do they really think that the Avengers facility is going to be more memorable than the tower? I feel like they haven't even gotten full use of the tower yet.

>Why did they do this?
Will be the Baxter Building

The Fantastic Four are coming back to Earth!

>iconic
Ubisoft, pls.

More like Oscorps.

Do you think Norman Osborn bought it and he'll use it for the Thunderbolts?

> Villains attack Avengers Tower in downtown Manhattan
> Collateral damage to surrounding civilian structures

> Villains attack Avengers Facility located in the countryside away from towns
> No civilians were harmed during the defence of this building

Like, I get that, but we never got a true fight in the Avengers tower that utilized it.

Probably to make more room for other supers besides Spider Man, Doctor Strange and their rogues gallerires popping up in NYC in the future.

Remember that the entire plot of Homecoming only happenend because the Vulture was too small time for the Avengers. With the Avengers out the picture, you dont have normies constantly asking "how come the Avengers didn't stop it!?"

>Do you think Norman Osborn bought it and he'll use it for the Thunderbolts?

I'd like to think this, but I kinda get the feeling they're going to omit Norman/Oscorp to fully distance themselves from the Raimi trilogy and the ASM movies.

>>Most iconic building in the MCU
Is it though?

Well it sure as fuck isn't the Traskileon

Literally the first Avengers movie

Before it got all decked out with the Avengers tech?

>Why did they do this
To cobble together a plot

They don't have force fields and laser turrets at any point.

Likely so that the Avengers Tower can't be used as a target in a terrorist or supervillain attack, which would mean dozens, hundreds, thousands or millions of innocent people are endangered in the process. With this, if Loki, Thanos, AIM, HYDRA or whoever started another major battle with the Avengers, it's much safer to do it in a forest in the middle of nowhere than in one of the biggest cities in the world.

Where is it easier to film / What is easier to render? Downtown NY or nondescript location?

presumably the avengers HQ set is a semi-permanent structure. That'd be a huge complex to make just for one movie.

I guess it'd probably be easier to film it there then have cgi shit out the ass for a building.

I'm actually surprised the Avengers HQ isn't a huge tower out in the wilderness, but more of a complex. i guess it kind of harkens back to Avengers Mansion in the comics but its still odd

Didn't they move out at the end of AoU? There's not much reason to complain about it now.

Given that the sale of the building happened in a Spider-Man movie, I'm betting it's an Oscorp setup. However, I would love it if was true.

Pretty weird how at the end of Age of Ultron we see them moving to the new facility, by Civil War the Avengers seem to have settled in there, but then in Spider-Man they're still in the process of moving.

that what happens when you let dummy move stuff

Please be true. But it is definitely going to go to another major MCU player. I guess they felt multiple major figures in the series owning skyscrapers would be too much

The Avengers moved, but not Stark Industries. Tony left the Avengers at the end of AoU. He took it over during Civil War, and the end of the move-in process is only 2 months later.

Happy said they sold the tower.

>>Avengers Tower bought by Oscorps.
>>Sony "We want out of the deal"

Yea, and it was a pseudo-SHIELd facility too. Stark didn't hang out at the compound much. Now that he's trying to keep the avengers together, he's moved everything there. Probably to distance himself from the tower. It's stark, he acts like he has no sentiment and only likes upgrades, but he does. Tower is old, in with the new.....plus old memories.

Tower is coming down in Infinity War when Thanos and the Black Order's information is just a little outdated.

Gives them a chance to show how serious the Thanos threat is, calls back to emotional impact of the Twin Towers falling, while leaving the Avengers operative to respond to the threat.

>Thanos and the Black Order's information is just a little outdated

the Ravagers could come and go from earth undetected, I'm sure Thanos could have agents on the planet without anyone noticing.

Because Avengers Mansion > Avengers Tower.

Loki will tell Thanos to blow it up most likely

More like the new biulding of the rand corporation

Avengers HQ is mostly a cgi construct but the outside of it as per Age of Ultron and Spidey: HC is actually some buildings at my University. A whole bunch of us students were hired as shield agent extras for the scenes in Age of Ultron.