Looking back, this trilogy is honestly pretty awful

Looking back, this trilogy is honestly pretty awful.

The first one is great.
The second one is a mess.
The third one is fun, but doesn't make much sense once you think about it.

fpbp

Iron Man was never good.

How can you fucking call Iron Man 1 even remotely competent? It's the most boring superhero movie I have ever seen

Guardians and Winter Soldier are the only really notable MCU movies

The first one is great, the second is the worst, the tird is also bad but at least Ben Kingsley was fun I hope to see him in more movies with the real Mandarin don't even know why I put this inside spoilers, movie is from 2013

Iron Man 1 is the only good MCU movie.

The first one is awesome, second and third are disasters.

The first one is the only one where Stark goes through a meaningful character arc.

Iron Man 3 was garbage, worse than the second. MK 42 was the worst armor ever. Even the MK 1, the one that was made in a cave with scraps, performed better than that shit.

First one and third one are actual movies with scenes and scriptwriting solely in service of the story and can be judged based on your tastes

The second one is the prototype for the MCU template before they somewhat perfected it with Thor 2 and thus the blatant advertising for future movies is on full display as the shit it is

I would barely call it a trilogy, they're so disjointed from each other. I mean, 3 was just 1 and 2 but smushed together, thematically.
It was a mess, bad trilogy. Tony Stark's character arc is better shown through other movies.

>It's the most boring superhero movie

No, that's Iron Man 3.

It's not a trilogy. It's a duology. 3 is a separate story.

>thanks to Iron Man 3 we got The Nice Guys and Shane Black directing the new Predator movie

It's the gift that keeps on giving!

>looking back

It wasn't obvious to you as soon as all 3 were out?

Iron Man 3 would have been better outside of the MCU

Actually now that I think about it they would have been better if they switched villians
>In the first Iron Man, Tony builds the suit after being kidnapped by terrorists only to realize that they were hired by "the Mandarin" who is really just a guy Tony humiliated
>Iron Man 2, Tony tries to balance his new role of Iron Man while keeping his company from Obadiah Stane
>Iron Man 3, Tony has to deal with the ramifications of the Avengers and the challenge for leadership from Hammer Industries who is in cahoots with AIM
Iron Man 1 would have gone down in quality but the other two would have been better

You should have seen the Thor movies.

The Nice Guys didn't deserve to be that funny. I shouldn't laugh that hard at people getting shot

>Iron Man 3 would have been better outside of the MCU

Iron Man 3 is just a Shane Black movie, right down to the Christmas setting and the kid.

The reasons fans hate it is the reason a lot of film nerds love it, it's pretty much a lost Long Kiss Goodnight sequel.

I did and iron man still sucked worse that Thor 1 or 2.

Dumbass.

You either have terminal bad taste or a vagina.

People like you are the reason almost all the recent Marvel movies are just a bunch of explosions, fighting and quips.

Would you rather have movies in which something happens or movies in which nothing happens?

What exactly did Edgar Wright do to get booted off?
Because Shane Black made a movie that undid most of the character development of Tony from the first two and the other MCU movies had to do undo the ramifications of this movie

>Because Shane Black made a movie that undid most of the character development of Tony from the first two and the other MCU movies had to do undo the ramifications of this movie

Shane Black was hand-picked by RDJ. The king gets to pick his own subjects no matter what the cost.

Also Tony's PTSD is different from his assholeishness in the first two.

>nothing happens in Iron Man
WEW

This is why its impossible to have a rational discussion here, while other people are discussing which movies had a good story, this kid only cares about the *power level of the suit*.

Nevermind that its made perfectly clear in the movie that the suit was experimental and even then was deliberately trading lots of durability in favor of its modular flexibility, to pick up on that you'd need to actually pay attention to dialogue, and thats something beyond this poster.

Go back to your Transformers movies where all you care about is explosions.

The origin arc is the only time a superhero goes through a meaningful character arc.

Iron Man 2 is nowhere near as bad as its reputation would make you think.

Is Iron Man 2 Marvel's BvS?

This.
8/10
4/10
6/10

If was so experimental, why is he protecting the house with just that one?
Why isn't Jarvis just doing around the clock surveillance of the house with the 35+ functioning suits?
Where the fuck was Captain America, or Nick Fury, or Tony's bff the Hulk?

>Iron Man 2 is nowhere near as bad as its reputation would make you think.

It has no discernible character arc or story worth telling. After the racetrack sequence the whole rest of the movie drags to a fucking halt until we have to start the fucking terrible third act action setpiece.

It's Nothing Happens: The Movie.

>What exactly did Edgar Wright do to get booted off?

You're never going to get a definitive answer because Disney isn't going to come right out and list their differences, and Edgar Wright is smart enough not to burn bridges firing off a nasty Twitter diatribe the way Josh Trank torpedo'd his career.

The closest you'll get is this fairly recent comment:

"I think the most diplomatic answer is I wanted to make a Marvel movie but I don’t think they really wanted to make an Edgar Wright movie."

Basically, he was interested in working on an Ant-Man movie before there was a MCU, and Marvel was willing to give him more leeway to do what he wanted to do with this very C-list property. But when the MCU took off they wanted all these movies more tightly integrated, more of the MCU "house style", and Wright's plans for the movie that had been previously approved were suddenly pulled out from under him.

Things change, and Marvel/Disney had the right to lay out what they wanted to be done with their property. Wright had the right to say "look, this isn't what I signed up for" and walked. There really isn't a bad actor at play here, Disney and Wright simply disagreed where to take the film so they split and went their separate ways.

No
Nothing meaningful happens: The Movie
They got too much stuffing and not enough of the main plotline

Everything about Predator is garbage. That shitty franchise needs to die already.

I sorta knew that
But the finished product was pretty much self-contained
Unless Edgar Wright's idea of the movie was wildly different from how it went it's hard to see why there wasn't any leeway like Shane Black got for his movie

>Unless Edgar Wright's idea of the movie was wildly different from how it went it's hard to see why there wasn't any leeway like Shane Black got for his movie

Becuase again, RDJ hand-picked Black to be the director for IM3. He had protection from studio influences that other people who didn't have that shield wouldn't get.

And remember, he still wasn't allowed to have a female villain due to "the toy wouldn't sell" despite them making almost no toys of Killian.

Fucking Ike, man.
I wonder if I would've liked IM3 more had that pasty pathetic faggot not been a main villain.

IM2 has all the signs of Sophomore Panic. They knew they had a goldmine on their hands and were scared to death they'd mess up the second showing. That worry let to overthinking, led to trying to do too many things at once, and ultimately was the cause of the very failure they were so desperately trying to avoid.

>I wonder if I would've liked IM3 more had that pasty pathetic faggot not been a main villain.

Rebecca Hall's character would have made a million times more sense, considering she was obviously being set up as the main villain until the third act where she had nine alignment shifts back and forth in ten minutes and was murdered for no reason.

I like Iron Man 3 a lot, but that character makes no fucking sense in the movie we got.

Ironman 1 is great, easily one of the best "MCU" movies

>this trilogy is honestly pretty awful.
These things happen, user. Usually in threes.

Iron Man 1 is a boring ass movie. Outside of the first and last fifteen minutes, nothin happens

>It's the most boring superhero movie I have ever seen
We're not talking about Ant-Man