Watch out!

>Watch out!
>What are you doing?!
>Keeping rocks from crushing you.
>OKAY, I'm not crushed! You can get off me now!

Jesus christ I hate Katara in so many ways.

After 9 years you're still not over it?

What I really hate about her is how she ruined the final Agni Kai battle.

Like, Zuko should've beat his sister fairly, instead of the fight becoming a farce thanks entirely to Katara. Seriously, Azula could not have beaten Zuko if Katara wasn't there. Literally nothing she was doing would have worked against him.

I still think Katara was only there so Zuko didn't have to kill his sister.

No, Zuko's 'sacrifice' and Katara stepping in to help was thematically perfect.

Maybe she would have been nicer if Zuko hadn't spent two seasons trying to kill them and hadn't already betrayed her once when he said "I'm a good guy now"

>What I really hate about her is how she ruined the final Agni Kai battle.
Yeah, that was really fucking terrible. It was Zuko's fight and he should have been the one to finish it.

Absolutely no.
Apart from this and its character building significance, the last Agni Kai is also a tragic moment, as stressed by the soundtrack. They're brother and sister, the very fact that they're fighting to the death is tragic enough, if Zuko defeated Azula he would have felt it as a moral defeat in the long run.

Yeah, but he should - and would have - won the fight on his own merits. Really, he should've put his sister out of her misery.

You know, it'd have been dramatic if he defeated her and declared himself Fire Lord.

I think it's more realistic this way. Zuko's skilled, but I never would have believed it if he'd beaten Azula in an outright fight like that. Ever since she was a child she's been striving to be as perfect as possible.

He's not her equal in this way, he couldn't have taken on Azula alone.

I'm rewatching the series.

I'm sorry but Katara is a real sour human being. I didn't hate her at the start of the show in any way; she was nice. But Katara is just one of those people in life who SEEMS perfectly nice on the surface until you personally displease them.

If you don't personally agree with her or do whatever she tells you, then she doesn't care about you. She has absolutely zero compassion for anyone who doesn't suit her personally.

And the thing is she has EVERY DAMN REASON not to trust Zuko, but the fact that she's blames him for the death of her mother and apparently would sooner be crushed by rocks than even touch him is downright unacceptable.

And she isn't cool and soothing, she's mean and ferocious. She is not the role model of a Water Bender like she was supposed to be, and she should not be any good at it, let alone a master. She isn't calm, understanding and fluid, she's bossy, intolerant and rigid.

Zuko was never going to end up killing Azula because good guy and kids show (even though he spent a quarter of the finale telling Aang that killing is the only option). Since fire only causes real damage when the plot requires it, he could have beaten her without killing her or scarring her if the plot demanded it.

The problem is that the Azula part of the finale turns into a clusterfuck where Zuko could have ended up defeating Azula if he hadn't brought Katara along, where Katara defeats Azula without getting any injuries, despite Azula's 100x powerboost and without needing Zuko's help.

>He's not her equal in this way, he couldn't have taken on Azula alone.
He had already fought her on equal terms in Boiling Rock and Southern Raiders, and was winning in the Agni Kai. The whole point of the dragons shit was that Zuko finally found a fuel for his firebending that brought up the best of him.

This. Zuko defeating Azula in combat would have put a seriously weird ending in his storyarc.

>complaining about being a bitch to the prince of a nation that invaded your country, killed your mother, personally tried to kill your best friend, and tried to kill or capture you countless times

I don't know man, Katara seemed pretty justified in her hesitance to trust Zuko. Especially since she already tried that and got burned for it.

The only reason why he was winning in the Agni Kai is because Azula had gone crazy. If she was at her best she'd win, by Zuko's own admission.

It wasn't worth the weight.

This! A million times this!

It was done because the creators of Avatar are Self-Hating Male Feminist faggots. And in the minds of such beta males? You cannot portray a male hero as heroic for beating a pretty female. So the law requires that it's a Female Vs Female type of fight so that the female baddie being defeated is A-OK. And of course she avoids prison for war crimes and bonus of course, in the comics Azula keeps her dangerous fire powers and escapes the mad house and is free to roam and kill and do whatever she wants because the creators of Avatar are Gynocentric Fucks.

Explain Ozai Vs. Anng then?

Didn't LoK have Mako killing the tentacle woman?

>See an obvious thread derailing shit post
>reply to it seriously anyways
What is wrong with you people?

What about it? Ozai is rotting in a prison cell because he's being punished for war crimes.

Hundreds of men and women that she grew up with, including her mom, were murdered because of direct actions caused by Zuko and his family.

You'd be bitter as an adolescent girl who is suddenly expected to trust someone you've grown up to hate.

What the fuck why don't you write your college thesis on it you flaming autists?

>complaining about a thread overthinking children's cartoons
Where do you think we are?

This. Why is this thread so autistic?

I really wish they hadn't make her crazy. I'd rather Zuko's growth and character development had resulted in him getting stronger and beating her.

Instead she just went crazy and he never even rand out of breath

>Zuko tells Katara to watch for rolling rocks
>Complains that she's safe now despite still being in a dangerous battle

What did she mean by this, that Zuko only half saved her? A save is a save, you can't say say it's only half.

I think the craziness was needed to differentiate Azula from Ozai.

The main problem is how rushed that whole thing is, they should have really done something with Azula in the first half of Book 1 except have her tell Zuko to stop being depressed and spilling spaghetti on the beach.

Ye, how dare she not instantly warm up to someone that spent a year trying to kill her.

>Watch out!
>What are you doing?!
>Keeping rocks from crushing you.
>OKAY, I'm not crushed! You can get off me now!
>no

His hand is awfully close to her boob.

>And she isn't cool and soothing, she's mean and ferocious. She is not the role model of a Water Bender like she was supposed to be, and she should not be any good at it, let alone a master. She isn't calm, understanding and fluid, she's bossy, intolerant and rigid.

So?
Just because her personality doesn't match what you think it should match for her ability to waterbend, doesn't mean it's a bad thing and she SHOULD behave the way you think she should for her element.

Water can be ferocious.