Is Luther Strode worth reading?

nobody cares dude

i just hate the fact that he's a kid

wut

The first two series are really good, I didn't love the third.

Incredible colour and panelling make it worthy enough to be read. The comic hype's up the ending way too much for what ended up happening.

I'm extremely pissed that Tradd Went off the Ghost Rider title he was doing with Philepe Smith just for him to finish Strode with an abrupt 'The end', but that's the manchild inside of me overacting due to how much I love this guy's work

i have my critiques of it but yeah it's definitely worth reading op.

it's bloody and gory and almost everyone dies. Basically don't get attached to anyone and you'll be a okay

if you like violence being delivered in inhuman amounts on humans, yes

I only read the first two stories, and I liked them. They're interesting ideas that take a life of their own, and the violence feels organic to the idea.

If you like stuff like Fist of the North Star, Riki-Oh and other hyper-violent manly men manga you'll probably enjoy it though the end of the last volume is a bit eh though like a lot of stuff Moore draws his art is more than enough to carry it.

i really liked it.
i'm not gonna tell you "oh my god! it's the greatest thing ever!" but you won't regret reading it.
something i liked about luther, is that even with all the shit that happened to him, he never stopped being a soft guy, he just stopped being naive.

i like the way this guy draws any action scene.

the the utter fucking ugliness of the love interest put me off the third one. I didn't start reading this book to fap but I'll be damned if I'll keep upsetting my eyes by looking at that rancid bald pig in every panel.

Never read it. What is it about? Is it another Ellis or Manga bullshit that has edgy violence for all the edgelords and nothing else really? Something that people praise because it is bloody and has gore with a weak plot and weaker characters like Preacher or Battle Royale? Or is it different and not just another comic targeting pretentious edgelords?

it's about some geek loser who buys a martial arts book he saw an ad for in a comic book, and follows the training methods written in the book so he can stand up to bullies, things go a little out of hand after that and the true purpose of the book is later explained.
it's really good but its mainly just kung fu violence and edgetastic characters, mainly the villains, as the comic continues there were some things in the comic i thought would be better without.

I can't stand the love interest.

I agree. The first volume is fantastic for what it is and the second one is pretty good, but the third one is really only carried by the art. Even then, the art in the third one doesn't seem as good compared to the first two, almost like Tradd Moore was rushing it.

I also wish he would have stuck around on ANGR through the end, because I thought that book was a better use of his style than the third, mostly pointless Strode volume. I understand why they went with Damion Scott as a replacement, but I've never cared for that guy's art.

The love interest was easily the worst part of the series, by far, and she was fucking insufferable by volume three.

As other anons have said, the first two volumes are my favorite. I feel like the ball was severely dropped with the third one... The series end felt extremely rushed, and wasn't very satisfying.

Sup Forums did love to make reaction pics out of it. I wish I saved some like the 'You still arn't helping me understand' one that Mushashi did.

From what ive read its edgy gratuitous violence from cover to cover and frankly that's pretty much all it really is, I love it to hell and back though and the art is great

Absolutely.