The First Wild Storm Spin off comic is here

The First Wild Storm Spin off comic is here

>THE WILD STORM: MICHAEL CRAY #1
>Written by BRYAN HILL with WARREN ELLIS
>Art by N. STEVE HARRIS and DEXTER VINES
>Warren Ellis’ critically acclaimed relaunch of WildStorm gets its first solo spinoff series! >Michael Cray, professional assassin, has been betrayed by International Operations and has an alien life-form in his head that’s either killing him, transforming him, or both. The only thing that can bring sense to his life is for him to do what he does best: kill the wrong people for the right reasons. But Michael needs support and resources to hit back against I.O., and he gets them in exchange for working with Trelane, taking out her targets, his way. First up? A sociopathic silicon-valley billionaire by the name of Oliver Queen!

bryan hill worked on top cow and has a book at image called postal rn

Oh, so this is still in the DCU, just separate from everything else. Fair enough, except immediately we have crossover shit.

>sociopathic silicon valley billionaire, Oliver Queen
Pretentious and sanctimonious? Abso-fuckin'-lutely. Dunno if sociopathic is a fair label though.

Why would they not call it Deathblow? At least get some of that name recognition. This is going to sell exactly four copies

>Pretentious and sanctimonious? Abso-fuckin'-lutely. Dunno if sociopathic is a fair label though.

I'm gonna bet it's the edgy, wildstorm universe version of Ollie

I know what you mean but Deathblow is kinda extreme 90s and they want to reestablish these characters in a fresh way

>Oliver Queen
Huh
I know Kord Industries was mentioned earlier in the book as well, so is this in a version of the DCU were none of the typical capes are capes but just normal people/normal versions of their secret identities?

I guess that's fair. They could have called it The Death Blow to go with The Wild Storm, kek

>First up? A sociopathic silicon-valley billionaire by the name of Oliver Queen!
Why? If the hole point of new WS is to update the essentials and ignore the nu52 stuff, why reach into main DC again. Just do your thing.

I don't think it's in the main DCU if Cray is killing an evil Oliver Queen.

>N. Steven Harris

He still exists? His art on Aztek was fucking atrocious.

Kord seems to be Wildstorm's Microsoft, and Halo is Apple. I wonder what aspect of Silicon Valley Ollie represents. Maybe Paypal.

Sounds like crap. Crappy artist from the 90s and crappy edgy writer.

What the fuck are you people talking about? It works in the same way as Ellis' newuniversal and Tangent Universe, there's going to be a repurposing of names. Wildstorm's Oliver Queen is probably going to be different from regular Ollie.

>Not called deathblow

Yeah fuck that

>Gen13 still not announced
Fucking a

>implying they're going to announce a book they haven't even hinted at or touched on
are you fucking retarded?

it's the only good Wildstorm property, fight me

I wonder how long it's gonna take for Ellis to stop writing The Wild Storm.

After all the planned issues (24 or 25 I think). I think he will also collaborate alot with the other books

Would they fit in with New Ellis Wildstorm verse or will they keep them in the DCU?

I'd have them in DCU
Ellis' stuff just isn't fun at all for me