Name is M'Baku The Man Ape

>Name is M'Baku The Man Ape
>Doesnt give him the gorilla themed costume
I can understand dropping "The Man Ape" but c'mon Marvel, at least give him a knockoff of T'Challa's suit or something

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r8O6xbI9_EY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's covered in gorilla fur and his armour gives him a gorilla-like build with the heavy forearms.

Did you even read the article on why they aren't calling him Man-Ape?

He looks like Mandrill.

Even if they planned to give him the ape costume there's no way they are doing it now after the retarded shit BLM pulled against the new planet of the apes

I mean, it's not racist if the protagonist and literally every other good guy is black too.

Anyone with a fucking brain knows why they're not calling him The Man Ape, you dont need to read the damn article for that.

>at least give him a knockoff of T'Challa's suit
They do that too much. M'Baku looks baller here.

It is though

I hate that haircut he's sporting. Should have just gone full bald. That aside, I dig the outfit.

>Won't even have a gorilla mask or gorilla pelt hood.
Disgraceful

I suppose, but I kind of want to see Black Panther tossed around by a dumb gorilla themed power suit for some reason. That said, they did give him a decent outfit to wear

>after the retarded shit BLM pulled against the new planet of the apes
What happened?

They should have called him Mandingo.

>whoa watch the fuck attacked us?
>I don't know it was some kind of ape but more like a man, some kind of man-ape I guess
>Whoa not cool I know we're all Africans but that was fucking racist

Blue hoodies are off-limits now

You know Im half curious how the cartoon got away with this.

If we call him Silverback or White Gorilla, would it be better?

>Klaw calls M'Baku a useless dirty man-ape when T'Challa is on their trail of some shit

It wouldn't matter. Which is a shame. Gorillas are fucking cool.

People from BLM are complaining about War for the Planet of the Apes having racially coded messages because of the way the apes and humans are dressed.

One of the leaders of BLM wears a blue vest and one of the apes in the movie wears a blue vest similar to the apes in the 1968 movie.

He's just a faggot who wants to be relevant since BLM doesn't listen to anyone anymore for the most part.

>how did they get away with this?
Confidently. You can't let them smell blood in the water. Vixen summons a spirit gorilla every other episode on Legends of Tomorrow.

At least we got to see Whoopi Goldberg tear him a new one

youtube.com/watch?v=r8O6xbI9_EY

>Member of the White Gorilla Cult
>Ate the flesh of a white gorilla and bathed in its blood
>His armor has every color but white
For fucks sake, Marvel.

me ooga
t'challa booga

Seriously? Come on, people

Man, that blue vest one really sticks out though. It almost looks like a joke photoshop.

Mostly because it's not that big of a deal and even crosses over into the realm of being a non-issue.

>Man, that blue vest one really sticks out though.

It's supposed to be.

Because it's a reference.

It's kind of missing the point if it's hidden.

Is there anyone who actually cares about Man Ape?

He's my favorite of BP's villains.

holy shit

It's an intentional reference to BLM? That's kinda dumb dude.

I mean yeah, but Im surprised the usual suspects didnt jump on this like they do with everything that triggers them

i hope that's bait. if not, it's a reference to the old planet of the apes.

Is that fucking Dominic from Person of Interest?

Wait if it's actually being done on purpose, that's an entirely different story.

Did they want people to fucking complain, or what?

>Sup Forums actually praises The View now
I think it's time to start looking for a new board

I care man. I care a lot.

>one person
>Sup Forums

Yeah, I think it's time that you left too.

I just didn't remember that dude lol. Earlier in the thread people were talking about BLM so I assumed.
When I think of PotA old vest ape isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

And like...the vest isn't even the same. It's a very flimsy reference, isn't it?

Fuck off with your Sup Forums logic

he looks like a black ass nigger fucking nasty ass ape

Does he look like a nigger's black ass?
Or is he a nigger fucking ape who is nasty?

I am confused by your statement.

yes

I especially liked her shutting down the retard bitch beside her.

>at least give him a knockoff of T'Challa's suit or something
Couldn't his outfit be the OG Black Panther suit? Since isn't M'Baku kinda trying a return to tradition? Dunno why I think that, it just seems like the kind of thing they'd do.

You couldn't even come up with a joke. Way to be a faggot, bud.

>praising one person for rightfully calling out another
>hurr durr you support the entire show

k then

Notice that all the other apes aren't wearing clothes, it makes Bad Ape stand out.

I think, considering they made an entire figure for him, he's supposed to stand out and be important.

Because they didn't draw attention to it. Man-Ape's a supervillain, like a billion others supervillains. It's just another theme.

What does the "Donkey" mean on the apes that are with the humans?

It does mention that they're drawing from Priest's run conerning Man Ape..

Its disney.

Kings of censorship.

"hey societies generally venerate the animals that surround their cities but africans that live in an area where primates are most commonly found can't do that because a different culture on another continent will get offended"

yes, this is Sup Forums, of course it is.

>that one bitch next to whoopie trying to salvage this.

so it would be racist for a black man to call another a black man a gorilla even if knew, for 100% certainty, he meant nothing racist about it?

No, user, we have to ignore black culture because it offends the whites. We don't want to be racist, now do we?

He clearly has a gorilla themed costume.

It needs a gorilla skull

No, Whoopi is the only good part of The View.
Despite being the one that keeps them together (I think she is the showrunner?) she is also the main person who calls them out on their bs.

When they are praising women hurting men, when they are acting like popular people with bad politics are okay, etc etc, Whoopi is usually the one to go 'wtf?' and talk back.

She also walked off stage when they had Bill Oreilly, which was hilarious.

I'm happy BP is even wearing his mask.

Comic movies love to play down people's costumes. This is a good compromise.

Donkey is the name of the leader of the apes that are pro-human.

I still think its missing a headpiece

Unlike BLM Caesar did nothing wrong.

Because fauna worship is not racism and you have to be a self-flagelating faggot to stop yourself from being right because idiots in the internet get offended about everything.

You want to know something funny? In Swahili his name means "the human bowl" or "the bowl (subtext: a man's name, not an actual bowl)".

Where's he from, anyway?

Well, he is in a still shot in a magazine, he might have one he wears sometimes.

Though I feel like a lot of people in big flicks try to avoid wearing helmets and stuff so they can get more exposure for their career.

This, it's like saying every native-american name that makes reference to wolves is racist because their respective word for wolf is used as a slur in the balkans and latin america.

It's fucking bullshit from people who want to be offended so hard they'll deconstruct reality to complain. If they'll complain anyway there's no point not to be blunt and stick to your principles despite their existance.

what powers do you get from an ape? opposable thumbs?

You eat a magic gorilla, you get magic gorilla strength. Those are the rules.

>when the left eat themselves

It's funny how the people who compare black people to monkeys the most are... black people. They said talking about Harambe was racist, BLM says War for the Planet of the Apes is racist... It's all black people seeing themselves in apes and then claiming non-black people are doing it.

It's beyond retarded.

Actually that gorilla skull mask is badass looking. The gorilla skull has a unique, distinct shape to it, human like but with fangs.

Add lenses to the eyes and it'd be perfect

Looks like trash. Leave it up to the professionals kid.

I DIG the irst one

This reminds me of how people called Sing racist for making the apes criminals when really they were the ones who were racist for associating apes with black people in the first place - all of the monkeys in Sing were voiced by white people.

No wonder I kept rewatching the trailer and never spotted him after you guys mentioned him.

He needs some something on his head,but other than that I like it.

People were calling him out for reaching in the replies tho.

don't need a mask for that m8

Looks like fucking Taskmaster more than Man-Ape.

>No-Man Ape.
>Twinkmonger.
>Nakia changes.

Yeah, I would skip this one if it wasn't for Andy Serkis' Klaw.

The MCU does.

Others before did not

The first with the gorilla pelt as sleeve's and it would be fine I guess.

It just looks like he's wearing fur and leather how the fuck does that stand up to tchalla and his vibranium stealth super suit

>extending claws
>on a buff guy that supposed to be a Man-Ape
Fucking what? Last I checked, neither gorillas or regular people do that.

I think that works pretty well

Damn, they're putting a LOT of BP villains in this. It's like Dick Tracy.