Why is it ok to say this is great but not bvs

why is it ok to say this is great but not bvs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jOGCNX8rBWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Because everybody is allowed to have their own subjective opinion.

because it was great, and BvS wasnt

feel free to post contrarianism and useless rage against the machine here, since you dare to like a movie nobody else liked

its ok to like BvS, but its a dick move to claim a more popular movie sucks and your pet movie is better
dont be a hipster

Because this is great, but BvS isnt.

WW is also better than that turd. Actualy, it is easy to be better than that.

Why is it ok to play with myself at home but not in church?

Homecoming works as a fantasy high school action comedy without the Marvel trappings.

All BvS has going for it is its ties to DC proper, and its retarded interpretations cause the film to fail harder than SH's weird interpretations.

WW was the first good DCEU movie because Gal is not autistic enough to make the movie a literal satire of itself. Snyder thinks everything must be like watchmen.

Spider-Man had a better script, a better villain

better action sequences

when Spider-Man teased a sequel it didn't feel as forced as when Lex Luthor had Justice League Easter eggs in his computer files

I'm honestly trying to think if BvS did anything better, but nothing comes to mind

Spider-Man is just a better movie

why is it ok to make retared pointless threads like this that do nothing but waste more time for people who already don't do anything with their time?

BvS is like a shitty OGN by a Miller fanboy.

I liked BvS. I've seen it 3 times.

Nothing to write home about, but decent enough to launch Justice League off of.

I'll never understand people who liked IM3 more than IM3. Yeah, IM2 had a weak villain and was basically a prequel to Avengers, but I still had wayyyyy more fun watching that than the gigantic middle finger that was IM3. I'll never get over the fact they teased us with Mandarin. I fucking hate fake out villains. It basically says, "we didn't feel like developing an actual villain so we made you think this guy was him when it was actually this guy". It'd be one thing if Killion was actually good, but he was shit too and not intimidating whatsoever. Whiplash might have been as deep as dried bread but at least he was intimidating and fun to watch.

Because certain angles have a diffrent view on Homecoming. Your Spider-Man fanboy would hate the movie, while the average movie goer would love it. You could technically find good things about homecoming. But, almost every angle agrees that bvs is total garbage.

more than IM2*

Homecoming was a good, fun Spider-Man romp. I don't think it had that special sauce that a movie needs to be great, but I'd definitely say it was still pretty good across the board: the casting was good, the direction was good, choreography was good, the plot was simple and made sense. Costume design was good. Acting was good.

Maybe it was because there wasn't much emotional thrust to the story.

>Snyder thinks everything must be a metaphor for jesus.

fixd

I actually enjoyed BvS better than this. But only slightly. I am a Spider-Man purist and I was a bit disappointed in this movie. It was enjoyable, don't get me wrong.

I think my biggest gripe about it was no Gwen Stacy and that, with all the hype about Zendaya, she was pretty much worthless in the film. The side kick character was a rip off of the ghetto spider-man, Miles Morales. Flash was not a good bully at all.

they coulda made not-danke osborn, keep eveything the same, and hace someone else play him.

I agree with this except for one small change. The original guardians would straddle the God/High tier for me. The argument for why it would be "god tier" would be the fact it took 5 characters that no filthy casual would know and made a damn good movie out of it.

You think the pink rubber looking cg of spidey is better than seeing the trinity im beautiful glory?

Yeah, they could have at least introduced Oscorp and Normie for future films. Then again, we got shocker and scorpion

Because Homecoming had a pretty good idea of what it wanted to be: a highschool dramady with a villain who is at once relatable, menacing, and a direct consequence of the events of the established universe. To answer your question, it'd be better to compare/contrast BvS to Civil War. Why is it superhero infighting works in the latter and not in the former?

When you think about it the stories have really similar beats. Important third act plot elements relating to parents? Check. Supervillain manipulating things behind the scenes? Check. Introducing new characters in order to flesh out and expand the universe? Check. And yet Civil War succeeds where BvS fails. Why?

I think there are several reasons why it was as panned as it was, and the biggest of these reasons has to do with a bad third act. The dialogue, which up until that point had been pretty tight, became trash. A final boss battle ensued in a movie that for all intents and purposes should have been about the tumultuous beginnings of a relationship between two men of conflicting ideologies trying to solve the same problem. Poorly shot and kitschy slomo fight scenes (only in Wonder Woman has there been an instance where this looks good, in the No Man's Land sequence, where it looked like a well composed comic panel action scene). And then of course the entire bit with the kryptonite spear, which just confused the shit out of everybody at a point where things should have been kept as streamlined as possible.

I agree, that fake out was so poorly done. I don't dislike it on principle but there needs to be some sort of reasoning behind it, not just "SURPRISE!"

If Mandarin had been involved in the plot further then it wouldn't be annoying - but this highlights the problem. Of course he couldn't, cause he was just an absurd joke/punchline. If the movie isn't a comedy you shouldn't have a tentpole moment like that be a joke.

watch out, user, Snyder fags might come out and claim you're retarded for not seeing its actually a metaphor for greek mythology and your interruption of the story makes your ability to judge it as a whole less credible.

i thought the characters in spider-man were hilarious

they didnt really add to the main plot, but i liked them and would like to see more of them

Because despite all age changes, race changes, and appearance changes; Spider-Man Homecoming still manages to make their characters closer to their comic book counterparts than BvS

>n-no you don't see, Superman is actually really good and nobody understood that
If nobody fucking thinks Superman was a shining beacon of hope from the very first moment he steps onto the screen then they failed to capture his character. You shouldn't need to pry into Supes' motivations to see he is a good guy. He is supposed to be figuratively as bright as the sun.

Switch deadpool with homecoming and its pretty much correct.

i would put civil war and avengers 1 in god tier

BvS was proof that just having iconic characters isn't enough to make a good movie. Likewise, GotG showed that you can make a good movie even if nobody knows the characters beforehand.

I really don't think a single person who thinks Homecoming was better than BvS would justify it by claiming Spider-man's CG looked better than Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

Spider-Man fan boy here. Loved it. I've got such an autistic crush on Spider-Man I just like watching him on screen no matter what. I liked ASM2 too.

> Huge Actman in every fucking tier, sometimes more than once

because marvel can do no wrong :^)

>Avengers
>High tier

this is a great review desu. i didn't like all the iron man suit shit in spidey's costume but this guy convinced me it was a good move

youtube.com/watch?v=jOGCNX8rBWs

MJ was not cute like that at all and peter was far closer to be some annoying twink

>some sort of reasoning behind it, not just "SURPRISE!"

There was a reason. Killian believed the world needed an outrageous villain to fight against so he manufactured one.

I thought she was cute in detention when she pouted at him with the "sad peter" drawing.

It was the same exact plot the first two Iron Man movies had, only this time the audience wasn't in on it

>Okay so you have these Arabic terroris-OH WAIT NO IT'S STANE
>Okay so you have this Russian terror-OH WAIT NO IT'S HAMMER
>Okay so you have this Chinese terrori-WHOOPS, SURPRISE, IT'S KILLIAN

"Foreign extremists being used as a smokescreen for a business rival of Tony Stark's" is how his entire series ran