So why did Spider-Man: Homecoming bomb in America?

Hmmmmm what could be the reason...

Any... guesses?

This is a toughie...

Because no one gives a shit about some fat asian who takes the spot of being smart when Peter is smart and doesnt need him when Peter is also a loner.

Also Flash is a frail looking indian kid who could never be a jock/ bully.

And making an "OC" chracter named MJ.

Dumbasses

It didn't bomb.As much as you'd like that to be true.

>$117 million domestic opening is a bomb

For fucks sakes OP

Wait. It bombed? I though Sup Forums said it would make a billion?

>So why did Spider-Man: Homecoming bomb in America?
Fake news. The Spidermen movie is HUGE.

It didn't bomb in America. It actually did quite well. It's China you need to look out for. Those slants are racist as fuck.

>implying it bombed

Acrually it'll probably do better in Ginah than WW. Spider-man is an established prop- ah forget it this is a fucking racebait thread serious analysis died at the door.

It didn't bomb, and secondly, it probably is because it's the 2nd reboot of a franchise within a decade.

God, I'm so tired of everyone tying things to race.

> bombed in America

Thing that didn't happen. And are you implying that it isn't successful because it has a diverse cast?

it's doing very poorly compared to other spider-man films, especially considering that marvel is welcoming spider-man into its famous 'cinematic universe', and RDJ is even a character.

you can deny that it flopped, "muh foreign markets" etc

How can it bomb? The United Emasculated Multiculturalism Indoctrinated Propaganda States of America love this shit. North American people are well programmed to eat this shit and ask for even more shit.

Thank the Jews who make this propaganda.

Yeah, muh other 19/20 of world population!
Muh part with more potential earnings!
Muh global movie empire!

I don't get why marks on Sup Forums hate this movie so much? I get not liking flash, and that "twist" was the lamest thing since "robin" in Dark Knight Rises, but it was the best Spider Man since Rami-Man 2.

Only made $170 millions out of $300 million in the US within a Week. Did okay. But it it doesn't break the $300 million mark, it will bomb.

It's the second highest grossing domestic Spiderman and the highest grossing outside America. Even when you move the goalposts you fail.

People on Sup Forums hate it because of all the minorites and diversity that they are triggered by. See here

Again, if there's anything holding this film back? It's the fact that it's another reboot after a reboot. That specifically is why people are skeptical of this film.

1. it didn't bomb. your standards are ridiculously high.
2. if it really didn't make as much in the US as it could've, its always possible its because this is the third reboot attempt and sixth movie in total, so it could very well just be Spidey fatigue.
3. The races of the characters didn't take away from the movie at all unless you're legit racist or can't turn off your Sup Forums vision.

>muh bomb

Okay, lets look at this (adjusted for inflation)

>Spider-man (2002): $114 million opening weekend
>Spider-man 2: $88 million opening weekend
>Spider-man 3: $151 million opening weekend
>Amazing Spider-man: $62 Million opening weekend
>Amazing Spider-man 2: $92 million opening weekend
>Spider-man: Homecoming: $117 million opening weekend

We see that only 1 spider-man film has outgrossed Homecoming for its opening weekend

honestly i liked it but maybe that's just because i barely give a shit about marvel

just take the movies as their own universe, this is not your amazing fantasy spidey that had years to catch up with the big guys like the avengers, this is just a very young spiderman that unfortunately started being a hero in a world where the evengers had already started fightig aliens robots and shit, shit is scary when you think about what the hell you would have done at his age on his place

i honestly think this is what would happen to a apiderman in the movie universe so i consider the movie to be mostly good at writing that the only problem is that the pacing is slow as shit but it still works

why was spider man 2 so low

>Spider-man (2002): $114 million opening weekend
>Spider-man 2: $88 million opening weekend
How did this happen? I would understand if there was a slight disparity, but how was there a 26 million dollar drop when the first movie was so well received?

It only got beat by Spider-Man 2 and 3, and 2 is only if you adjust for inflation.

Context is everything, I'm sure the suits are just happy that "Amazing" 1+2 didn't kill the brand.

Also highest debut for a superhero in the MCU, so that's something (I'm assuming that's highest opening for a hero's first solo movie)

That's what baffles me.

>Zendaya
>literally a Disney Channel star
HMMMM I WONDER WHYYY

I even checked to see what other films came out that month, and HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN was several weeks before it, but shouldn't have dented it that much.

Report and ignore.

Came out 4th of july weekend, Homecoming came out right after it

Zendaya is has more fans than most of the supporting cast and Tom Holland. Just look at their twitters

>White guy hero and his band of interacial friends
Seems kinda racist

I think it had to do with the fact that it came out on a wednesday. Makes the numbers come out funky. If you count the 4 day weekend as it's opening it made $115 million

because there were darkies in it

This isn't bizarro Sup Forums, user

>Bombed.

I mean, I hated it too and think it's against everything Spider-Man stands for, but come on. I wish it did though.

>spider-man 3 outgrossed homecoming

so this is the power of Venom

You're in your safespace now, user. No need to mention this movie anymore, Zendaya and her Multi-Cultural League can't hurt you here. :)

>it's against everything Spider-Man stands for
Such as?
OK. Peter relying on a tech-suit is a bit much, but apart from that it's a fairly decent modern take on the Lee/Ditko/Romita Spider-Man.

This looks like a browner Breakfast Club.

You are reeaaaaaaaalllllllllllly pathetic.

Go to Sup Forums or r/redpill or Stormfront or somewhere people actually want to hear your retarded political diarrhea

This is the cast for Homecoming?

I'm intrigued. Was this worth watching in theaters or should I wait until it's on Netflix?

Even if it has about a 70% drop in its second weekend, it'll still be in about sixth place for the year at the domestic box office after two weekends.

It's already blown past Cars 3, which came out a month earlier, and isn't that far back of Despicable Me 3, which had a week plus a major holiday weekend head start.

Peter relied on his tech too much, he relied on outside help such as Tony Stark too much, he wasn't secluded enough, he was too awkward in scenes where he shouldn't have been, and he act liked a massive retard. It's definitely not a good adaptation and I didn't enjoy myself watching it.

Just wait until Spider-Man gets APED!

I don't think people move there to hate themselves, user