This is the worst episode in Simpsons history. Interesting but risky idea...

This is the worst episode in Simpsons history. Interesting but risky idea, done in the worst way it could have possibly been done.

Homer is portrayed as this callous monster who killed Maude and feels little remorse for it, and the episode is filled with dumb sex jokes that don't fit the serious themes.

More like FAIL Again Natura-Diddly

Homer didn't kill her, the shirt-shooting girl did it

>Naked homer simpson farts so hard it kills maude flanders on impact.jpeg
It sounds like the title one of those creepy youtube videos made by bots.

But he blocked the damn ambulance from reviving her

Not even close.

At least that episode didnt kill off a character in a crude and tasteless fashion

To be fair, they killed her in crude and tasteless fashion intentionally. Her VA was trying to get too much money, so they killed her favorite character out of spite.

The part where the Simpsons giddily destroy Ned's stuff is what really bothered me.

>"The episode features the death of the character Maude Flanders, who had previously been voiced by cast member Maggie Roswell. This kill-off was the result of Roswell leaving The Simpsons in spring 1999 after a pay dispute with the Fox Broadcasting Company, which airs the show. Since 1994, she had been flying between her Denver home and Los Angeles twice a week to record episodes of The Simpsons. She eventually grew tired of this, and the price of plane tickets was constantly increasing. As a result, she asked Fox for a pay raise from $2,000 per episode to $6,000 per episode. However, Fox only offered her a $150 raise, which did not cover the travel costs, so she decided to quit."

No, her VA was sick of manking 6 hour trips to voice like 5 lines.

>trying to get too much money
Haven't most of the VAs made 300k or so per episode since the Mike Scully era?

two words:

Armin. Tamzarian.

That episode was the beginning of the end but I'd argue the Maude death episode was the end of the end

It was out of mercy, she wouldn't had lived a "decent" life after such a massive fall

That's how much Homer loves Ned

Oh please. I was expecting something really bad before I saw that episode for the first time. Episode was fine but lacked in humor.

>the average Sup Forums user truly believes this to be one of the worst episodes
not even close fag

>it's an episode where a celebrity shows up, says nothing funny, and every other character sucks their cock for 22 minutes straight

Lisa the Vegetarian was when the cancer first formed but it hadn't spread into the blood stream yet so people just sort of ignored it.

**weeps** I really did not like this episode either

who actually cared about Maude though

like besides Ned

I don't even know what episode this is because I stopped watching Simpsons after season 10. I feel lucky.

I like this opinion and I agree with it.

It has the flying pig and Lisa isn't portrayed as 100% right.

I think it's just the main six. I don't think they've ever confirmed whether or not that also includes the supporting actors or the guest stars or if they just work for slightly above scale.

Didn't get this far, is it really that much worse than the Ricky Gervais wife-swap episode?

The one where mr burns moves the power plant to India also stands out in my mind as an especially bad one

>you don't make friends with salad!

Strongly disagree

It's kinda like one of the "bad" episodes of pre-movie Spongebob. The episode itself isn't very good, but the humor is still on point.

This was the episode that made me officially stop watching the Simpsons.

And got away with it.

So, who was un the wrong heOH WAIT FOX DUUUHH

The funny thing is that they didn't HAVE to kill her. Just write around her.

They went ahead and killed Maude because some idiot in the writers room suggested it, not out of malice, and sold it to the rest of the crew by claiming it would open up new episodes for them to focus on Ned being a widower and dating and shit.

Well, it delivered. They made several of those. Too bad they all sucked

Excuse you, real worst simpsons episode ever coming through.

I like both cartoons but I have to agree, those two don't work well together at all

See There were very humorous moments in that episode that I still laugh at, but you can't ignore Lisa becoming a mouthpiece.

They didn't suck.

They actually humanized Ned considerably, turning him into less of a purity stu type and got him out of his religious comfort zone and such.

And given that those episodes happened against the backdrop of other less talented writers using Ned as a punching bag for their hatred for the religious right, they saved Ned's character from being reduced to being a walking talking anti-christian punching bag.

>we'll never stop the simpsons
>have no fear we've got stories for years
they weren't kidding

Wasn't that written out of canon?

Why is this show still on the air?

>Never seen The Man Who Came to Be Dinner
I envy you and your innocence

That's technically considered a Family Guy episode.

yes
that's not such a bad episode

Why don't you go watch it again and tell me how it's not the least interesting 22 minutes you have ever spent.

but even when Maude was alive they did Humanizing Ned episodes.

Infact the only humanizing Ned episodes that stuck were when he dated Edna, and that was decided on fan reaction with little to no development.

>BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP

I say The D'oh-cial Network is worse

But she's in the wrong in that episode. Paul and Linda tell her she's being too hard on Homer

aside from this episode, this never happens.

they cameo, say their piece and leave.

that's a family guy episode.

that's why Lisa Goes Gaga is especially bad
other Simpson episodes usually just suck because they're boring but this, this is offensively bad

then it's one of the good family guy episodes

He blocked the emergency vehicles with his car preventing any chance of immediate aid, which he admits to Ned later

That made no fucking sense at all

She was pronounced dead by Dr Hibbert, like, five seconds after she hit the ground. There was no fucking hope of revival.

Martin Prince
is one thicc bih
Lemme
See that mussy

Couldn't she just phone it in, or was this practice made possible much later? Then again computer and audio tech wasn't as advance as it is today

>that episode when homer and family was eating dinner and homer asked god how many men maude fucked in heaven

not even making this up it was in season 12

Kek