Did anyone else want Katara to bloodbend Azula in the finale?

Did anyone else want Katara to bloodbend Azula in the finale?

I wanted the series to go a darker route with katara, I wanted it to be like a phase where she falls into bloodbending and the wrong side for a bit, she needed more development.

No, her restraining Azula was sufficient

I wanted her to kill that soldier who killed her mother. I honestly felt that it would have been more in-character for her. She doesn't forgive him by the end and she feels no pity when she talks to Aang.

I know we couldn't have a teenager murder a man in a Nickelodeon cartoon, but it always felt more fitting to me.

That's what I mean though. She could restrain her the way she did Hama.

>I know we couldn't have a teenager murder a man in a Nickelodeon cartoon
They get away with a ton of stuff. Pic very fucking related.

Really, what I wanted to happen was Aang to rip the comet out of the sky with his god powers

Oh, man, this reminds me of this one time I had a fuckhuge Avatar fanfic planned, and my ultimate plan for Sozin's Comet was for Ozai to use its power so much that he actually started to pull it towards the Earth. So now the comet's about to hit the Avatar Earth, dinosaur extinction style, right? And my plan was for Aang to go into the Avatar State and stop the comet with all of his bending. He'd use airbending to cool the comet down, then use waterbending to cool the comet down some more, then use earthbending to smash the comet into rubble, then finally contain and dissipate its fire with firebending.

I didn't want her at the fight at all. Bad enough she solos Azula several while being useless all the rest of time. She didn't need to be in Zuko's moment.

It's perfectly reasonable for Zuko to bring her along when he didn't think he could beat her by himself at all.

Azula broke the rules of a match she agreed to and made the fight anything goes and Zuko throwing himself to save a person who doesn't even like him solidifed his transition from selfish to selfless person in a move that would make Iroh proud.

That moment made me respect him more and what happened to Azula afterwards was immaterial. Zuko proved himself a goddamn hero.

>I wanted her to kill that soldier who killed her mother.

You realize Katara likely killed her mother, right?

>Katara likely killed her mother
literally what?

not him, what are you talking about?

Fuck me Katara is so gorgeous in that shot

>Zuko throwing himself to save a person who doesn't even like him solidifed his transition from selfish to selfless person in a move that would make Iroh proud.
But he's already done that a bunch of times up until that point, so doing it again is just doing POTTERY for the sake of it.

And loss his only opportunity to win a fight. It would have been better if he came up with some shit to redirect Azula's fire back at her.

This theory was around when the episode aired, it's insane but when you think about it. It DOES make so sense.

Katara wasn't traveling to kill the soldier because he killed her mother. It's because the soldier witnessed Katara murder her own mother and was so traumatized and messed up in the head, he became the way he was. She tried to get Sokko to join but he thought something was off too, yet never explored why. So she insults him and goes solo to do it Yet when Katara saw this, she realized he was too messed up to tell the truth.

The soldier was simply a scapegoat

He walked away a hero with his head held high and she walked away a disgraced and broken woman. He won and he wanted his sister alive. .

No it doesn't.

no, but i want her to bloodbend my dick

What motive does she possibly have?

He knew he could beat her because of her mental state

setting aside how retarded this sounds

the dude pretty much admits he killed her, and then even offers his own mom in exchange

>It's perfectly reasonable for Zuko to bring her along when he didn't think he could beat her by himself at all.
He had already fought her to a draw during The Southern Raiders.

He was down to fight her solo again, and would have had Iroh not told him to bring Katara along.

What? That makes no sense. Nothing about what we see in the episode leads to that conclusion.

Nonsense, Zuko was robbed of his moment of triumph because Bryke forgot to give Katara something to do during the finale. It's as stupid a decision as that fucking rock bringing back the Avatar State. Sozin's Comet is a mess.

Kya's mother was going to identity of the last Southern waterbender and when Katara saw this betrayal, she killed her mother. The soldier saw this and it somehow broke him

Right, the mentally ill soldier who is forced to live with someone abusive would make sense. Come on, people.

Rewatch the scene, you can't tell me it doesn't look off

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY

A CARTOON THEORY

unlike korra, bloodbend only available in special circumstance

Ha in your fucking dreams pal. As if the great Azula would ever be taken down by a lesser girl.

get fucked faggot

>He had already fought her to a draw during The Southern Raiders.

They got blown up. That's not fighting to a draw. It got interrupted.

> He was down to fight her solo again, and would have had Iroh not told him to bring Katara along.

And Iroh is always right.

Kill yourself, she was under a lot of distress in that fight and was already being worn down by Zuko but cling to your shitty waifu.

There's a good chance you're trolling, but I'd be astounded to learn there are actually people this stupid

>They got blown up. That's not fighting to a draw. It got interrupted.
They were evenly matched up to that point.

>And Iroh is always right.

>she's crazy and she needs to go down
You're right. Iroh IS always right.

>They were evenly matched up to that point.
For like 5 seconds? That's not a draw.

>she's crazy and she needs to go down
You're right. Iroh IS always right.

And Azuls did go down and at no time did anyone but some fans decide that Zuko had to 1v1 and murder his sister or he'd lose face.

The moment she decided she could only win by breaking the rules she lost. And if memory serves, Zuko ASKED Katara to come with him.

She was fucking powered up by the comet you imbecile, and she STILL lost.

Now take her fighting Katara under a full moon. She would, quite literally, be Katara's bitch.

I wouldn't want her to be retconned tho.

Avatar was a really good. Best Cartoon I've ever seen, and almost every episode is rewatchable. Hilarious, amazing fight choreography, neat powers, good story, great character development, interesting characters, top tier music, fantastic art style... The list goes on on how the show was good and I hope for another cartoon like it in the future.

well no shit nigga, why do you think there's always a thread about it despite it being 10 years old now

not like that has much to do with anything, quality is timeless

I watches the blind bandit the other day, blew me away how good it still was.

Stop making shit up. A clear minded Azula could take down and has taken down anyone.

Katara was ready to kill Zuko if he stepped out of line. Imagine what she'd do to Azula if she put Aang in danger.

Will you still love your waifu when her neck is at a right angle?

>For like 5 seconds? That's not a draw.
The fight lasted like 2 minutes dawg.

The trouble with the entire Avatar franchise is that Mike and Bryan have both mentioned idolizing George Lucas, and they have managed to follow him a little too well. ATLA Book 1 is A New Hope: the amazing, bold story unlike anything anyone had seen before, with an explosive finish. Book 2 is The Empire Strikes Back: the deeper cut on this wonderful universe that introduces cool new characters, explores more complex issues, and ends on a compelling downer note. Book 3 is Return Of The Jedi: a mostly-satisfying conclusion to the saga, including an amazing finale, but which nonetheless contains problems and issues that hint at decisions the lead creators made that should have been challenged but weren't.

And then Korra is the prequels. It's the lead creators being given undisputed control over a sequel series, with the result being creative disaster and wasted potential. Korra even has its own equivalent of podracing.

Yeah because when she isn't being crazy she's being shielded by a ton of plot armor.

CRAPPER

Show me one time where she had the balls to kill someone.

I'm not Scrapper but Azula has earned every one of her victories.

Scrapper detected.

Abandon thread

More like Azula went down too easy. I know every series has this problem with recurring villains, if they always get away, putting them down suddenly leaves something missing but still.

Katara should have bloodbend Azula because realistically she couldn't have beat her otherwise. Then when Azula is broken and in pain they could have play muh "if I kill her I will be the same" trope.

>why do you think there's always a thread
I wonder why

The whole point is that in ATLA you can't bloodbend without a full moon. They would have had to go out of their way to show a full moon during Sozin's Comet if the intent was to have Katara bloodbend Azula. Even so, does the finale take place at night?

Still good though, ATLA. Even with the bullshit at the end, Book 3 is amazing and the finale beats most finales put out today (except maybe ATHF's)

That and also how the original head writer for the original Avatar was not present to maintain quality control over the writing. Just like how Lucas didn't have anybody to tell him that his ideas were shit.

They could have asspull anything if they wanted to. The point is I think it would have been better for showing Azula is a serious opponent and to show the desperation of Katara.

>They could have asspull anything if they wanted to
They already did to make Azula seem competent 99% of the time.

That is why it was so out of place she was broken in like one or two episodes.

Fuck, the REAL asspull is making Azula still able to make lightning. She's a few steps away from being a drooling lunatic in an asylum, how is she able to lightning bend? Especially because in Book 2 they go out of their way to have Iroh describe what it takes to lightning bend, and he mentions that your spirit needs to be free of turmoil.

this

Azula should have been taken out by her trying to make lighting while she was going insane and it blowing up in her face (literally)

This would have been very fitting to be honest, but I guess that it wouldn't have gone well with the censors or would have been more anticlimactic.

Well I suppose you could have had her try to make lightning, have a huge explosion, and then have nothing remaining when the smoke clears. But I suppose that wouldn't have been consistent with the depictions we'd seen of lightning in the show.

Don't read Smoke and Shadow then.

>Implying Korra isn't the trilogy after Return of the Jedi.

Episode I and III were fun.

Because if your fire is hot enough, plasma can be made.

>I'm not Scrapper but

CANON

And there's this idiot who has nothing to contribute in life but to push his retarded incest fetishes.

>literally only lost because Katara was there
>Katara beats Azula alone on Sozin's comet also Azula didn't try to burn off her chains even though several firebenders have done it on normal days

>TFW now everyone can bloodbend at any given time

I kinda agree. The entire Zuko Vs. Azula fight had incredible intensity and drama, and having Katara use her Bloodbending would have kinda been a show on how desperate they were at that point, not to mention it would have been a great point for Azula to realize the fear of being basically powerless to control her own body, and at the whim of someone else.

About that...

i like that idea especially since side flipping is great when done right. snape from harry potter flipped twice every movie. maybe she could use it for good somehow but shes aware its a cruel method. the lesson could be "its not what you do but why you do it."

No. If she used it on Azula in the finale it would've just been a 1:1 copy of the scene where she bloodbends Hana.

It was still an extremely rare trait in Korra though.

While an interesting idea, I highly doubt they'd put that kind of thing in a (mature) kid's show.

I'm still passed that now literally everyone can do what was originally Ty Lee's cool secret power. Guess the Kyoshi can't keep secrets.

So yeah Katara is fascinating and all but what do you guys think about ZukoxToph?

Amon was the best villain with great points and I'm still butthurt he was just a psychic bloodbender and I'm still mad about the brother thing.

Should've made him an energy bender. Would've loved to see how energy bender worked aside from taking away bending. Could one bend the energy in the air to heat it up and make instant combustions? Or bend the energy in water to remove heat and make it freeze?

Waste of a character.

Ty Lee's power was pretty dumb to begin with.

>here's is the super hardcore unit of elite battle hardened earthbenders
>oh no a rich teenage girl who can't bend

I don't know man. Chi blocking is just numbing the pressure points on the body to stop the flow of chi and stop bending.

The only hard about it is: memorization of the points, getting close enough for close range combat, and successfully being able to use a fighting style that blocks point.

A pick bruiser guy wouldn't be able to pull off Ty Lee's fighting style, but the Kyoshi warriors who are nimble would.

no because full moon rules for bloodbending still existed at that point

its like asking if I wanted Sokka to start waterbending in the finale

>cling to your shitty waifu
You said it best user

>retard incest fantasies
>says the convicted child molester who thinks of Azula as the daughter he wants to fuck

End your sad existence Scrappper. Enough kittens have been strangled for your babby cock.

TELL ME ABOUT AMON, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

user didn't fly so good!

On the subject of Bloodbending, you think making Amon turn out to just be a bloodbender was the best route they could have gone? I think they could have done better than that.

It's stupid that bloodbending people is soooo evil, but kitting them with giant icicles and stuff is apparently fine. Bloodbending people into submission is probably much safer.

turning out*

This. It's a fast, safe way to do nonlethal takedowns. Aang should have been all about it.

Plus it has medical applications. Standard water-healing can't fix internal injuries (see: Jet's death). But bloodbending?

Someone has a large wound? No problem, bloodbending will keep them from bleeding to death. Pneumonia? We’ll bend that fluid right out of your lungs. Heart attacks, strokes, aneurysms, pleurisy… hell, it could probably even be used for completely non-invasive surgery, and applying something like Toph’s seismic sense to bloodbending would be even more effective than an MRI.

I wanted Katara to rape Azula with water tentacles.

water conducts electricity ;^)

>the lesson could be "its not what you do but why you do it."

That's an extremely shitty lesson that is completely contradictory to everyone in the group. Using excuses to justify amoral actions is just a step away from being a complete sociopath. Aang for damn sure wouldn't tolerate that, and at best everyone one else would either be uncomfortable with her and/or eventually isolate themselves from her.

>Aang for damn sure wouldn't tolerate that
Tolerate what? That she had a way to incapacitate people withotu hurting them at all?

Why is chucking rocks at their chests or hurling icicle spikes better than just forcing them to tie themselves up?

>That she had a way to incapacitate people withotu hurting them at all?

Did you even watch his damn show? Bloodbending is extremely painful, and is basically senseless torture. They are not incapacitating them, they are slowly killing them. Normal bending is self-defense, and water is very much a defensive style. It has been shown repeatedly that a water-bender can incapacitate people perfectly fine without harming them, so there is no excuse for her to resort to bloodbending in the first place. Even Katara using icicle spears was clearly shown as he going to far, which is why she abandoned the team in order to do it in the first place. To think that Aang would be fine with a worse alternative that does nothing but hurt people is asinine.

Korra isn't canon.

I don't think having your fucking blood manipulated in your body would be any less painful than the other things. If anything it'd probably be worse.

That was also shown in the original show, moron. What, you thought Katara swore bloodbending off forever for the lolz?

Two things. Chucking heavy objects at people is annoyingly treated with animu cartoon logic. Its not terrible till they it was.

Strangely they kept true that fucking with blood flow can be fucking hazardous. Your veins arteries capillaries.... Everything with blood in it wriggling in your body like so many worms pressing against muscle organs and flesh that was never meant to be interacted with by external forces. Not to mention some very real threats of accidental heart attacks, clotting from stopped up blood, strangulation, and possible brainfailure or organ failure depending on where your bending that blood

I mean you can excuse it though, when there's lots of fire benders and earth benders it would be detrimental to the action if fire and rock was as lethal is it is in actuality

But when there is just a couple of bloodbenders it upon up the possibility to show how messed up it is to control someone's bloodflow, just like having an airbender willing to murder like Zaheer allowed them the possibility to show how you can use air bending to cruelly choke someone to death

reminder

korra is better than TLA in every way