What's the most Important animated series of the 2010s?

What's the most Important animated series of the 2010s?

Adventure Time.

Rick and Morty

It's Steven Universe. I don't even watch it and I know that. So many niggas watching that shit.

>cuckventure time
>important
It will be a footnote at best.

Loud House

Valkyrie Drive

Fpbp

It's not Korra, that much can be said at least. There's maybe an argument for SU despite the quality being so over the place, but Korra was a mess of a story from start to finish that is only remembered at all because it's holding on to the coat tails of an actually good show and because of an out of nowhere final shot.

Teen titans go

Western stuff only? Castlevania.

Adventure time inspired all the other similar random shows.

Little Witch Academia

Move over.

God, the designs on this show are so shitty.

what's with faggots naming weeb shit in Sup Forums?

Mike Tyson Mysteries is basically the only good thing on TV right now.

Good taste.

I would dare to say Phineas and Ferb simply because it showed Disney that animation makes money and got them out of their Lizzie McGuire-clone phase.

this.

Some of you guys are alright. Don't come to Wallachia tomorrow.

Hey, Vlad, how crispy do you want your waifu and also the only adult-targeted animated series that isn't a bland comedy in EIGHTEEN GODDAMNED YEARS.

G4 Pony.

It first aired in '10 and has radiated a much greater degree of influence over society then any of the other 2010's cartoons.

>By the way there's a movie coming up.

OP said important guys. I'd say from an animation standpoint Adventure Time because of how it's influenced nearly everyone on the market now and in terms of a cultural phenomenon it's MLP.

>we should be grateful for this

This. Hell it even inspired the Rio Olympics mascots.

>Adventure Time with lol so random humor
>Simplistic animation and non existent story
I really don't want to agree with you. I REALLY don't want to think what you're saying is true.

Is this real?
Sauce ?

It is though, look at cartoons that have aired since.

It's either AT or MLP, there's no other answer to OP.

I find both to be meh and to suffer very hard from seasonal rot, but they are influential as fuck and I can't deny it.

I'll press for MLP rising the bar and AT for the inspiration when it comes to the 2010s.

L is for Love

I don't like AT anymore, but this it kickstarted this whole era and dug animation out of the whole of the 00s

Where Do You Think We Are?

The Amazing World of Gumball

On Sup Forums right? Good think Castlevania is a western cartoon and not an anime.

Either My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or RWBY. The former for single handidly demolishing the very concept of demographic barriers; and proving once and for all that there is no such thing as a work that is "too girly for boys and older kids", just works which aren't good enough for a discerning audence; the latter for single handidly proving that it is absolutely possible for a work of non-comedic serialised independent animation to not only be of outstanding quality but massively successful as well; without any need for big money, big studio interference or backing, or even big name, proffessional vouce actors; the idea that anybody can make great stuff today if they just try.

Fun fact:
In German, Wallachia is synonymous with "far away from civilisation".

Influential so far?
AT.
Meaningful?
SU, hands down. It does so much ground breaking and teaching, I've seen anons here report it helped them with their relationships. You don't have to like it, but it is the only show this decade that really makes the audience think and question things other than the borders of human indecency.

>AT

That's not how you spell MLP.

agreed

More like it dug it into a deeper hole of "shitty designs = artistic".

It was only until the teachings of Star vs, Gravity Falls, and The Loud House that the 2010s even began to see a glimmer of hope.

The only right answers are Adventure Time and MLP, it doesn't matter if you like the cartoons or not, they were undeniably the most influential and, thus, important cartoons.
The reasons why have already been explained in the thread as well.

No, no- EXCUSE ME, Jeb!

>Adventure Time
>aired at a time when it's biggest competition on the channel was Regular Show
>never managed to beat Spongebob or even FOP ratings wise
>theatrical movie that was canned because the show fell out of importance so abruptly
>ushered in an era of ugly art, lolsorandom quirky humor, and leepest dore that ultimately ends up being a cocktease

>The Loud House
>entered into an era of harsh competition with Steven Universe, Spongebob, Star vs, Gumball
>skullfucked all of them in the ratings
>already has a theatrical movie on the way
>has been talked about in the news
>returned us to the era of calm, slice of life cartoons with well timed humor and morals

What cartoons did they influence exactly, and how?

READ. THE. THREAD! thanks

I did. I see a bunch of (possibly samefagged) posts saying Adventure Time influenced this and that, without actually saying what they influenced other than some shitty looking Olympic mascots in Hueland.

Loud House/ Gumball

You just want to fuck them girls isall

>You just want to fuck them palette swapped princesses is all

Also this user has it right. Horse is extremely important. I didn't even think to mention horse due to how monolithic it had become. It's almost its own entity.

So yeah, horse wins unless you're being retarded.

Most of the thread seem to get it. OP said "important" so it's Adventure Time.

It started the fire.

Except horse is the most important. AT is a close second because it started the renascence of older teens and adults thinking some cartoons are 'cool' because stoners popularised it.
Horse revolutionised the way the industry markets, the way it imagines demographics and the way it develops products for a franchise, just to name a few.
The ripple from horse will be felt decades from now. There is a clear market precedent now in the west. Autism bucks have finally been proven to be profitable on a level not yet seen on this scale in the west.

/thread

Adventure Time is pretty well known outside of the usual Sup Forums M.O. Loud House is only known by kids and man children who fap to rule34 all day

>being popular on the internet means you were the most influential cartoon of that era
I guess Invader Zim was the most influential cartoon of the 2000s rather than just being Spongebob and FOP's bitch like it was in reality.

>yfw you realize Stevonnie's character arc is Sugar telling snowflakes to stop being triggered by everything

Loud House is pretty well known outside the usual Sup Forums M.O. Adventure Time is only known by stoners and man children who fap to rule69 all day

Horse show easily. 7 seasons already, movies coming out regularly and it has fuckhuge fanbase. I don't see anything come close to that.

I guess Barney was the most influential show of the 90s too because lots of preschoolers watched it

All I will say is I've never seen an episode of the loud house that was great. All of its episodes kind of meld together in your mind and you forget most of the plots a day after watching them. Anytime it feels like it needs a boost in ratings, they just add another gay character.

Number of (you)s does not equate to correctness.
This is correct.
No.The honest and correct answer here is MLP.

>Shows up and caused the brony fiasco and the strongest Sup Forums fandom in years. Internet overflow of small horse show happens. This is already stuff that makes it a bigger deal then adventure time which did not be a influence society to nearly the same degree as pon.

If the above point did not exist then there would be a much closer debate.

>Both are responsible for creating trends. Their animations are used as the inspiration for other styles, they both changed the boy/girl show market resepectivly. Horse took flash leaps forwards and Adventure solidified the style of....whatever it is you call that washy washy style. Pony made girl adventure more popular amount the children and At is the grandad of the lolsorandomnhumer.

Pony is the correct answer in this thread.

Well it was, people still reference to it today. The fact you do is a good example, the fact it still runs is a good example.

Though if we're trying to figure the 1st place for 90s it probably belongs to South Park.

>Lizzie McGuire-clone phase

What?

>tfw the 2010s are 3/4 of the way over

None of the cartoons of the 2010s were important.

I wanted to say this, but then I realised AT is unfortunately way more influential. I strongly believe Gumball is one of the best animated series ever

>Garnet supports pre-teens to have sex.

of course only lesbian if for love goddamit

So much this. All the critics don't realize that SU is actually designed to teach SJWs to get their shit together.

Camp Camp

Korra is mostly unimportant because no one is willing anymore to spit that kind of resources into an animated show, instead we've ended up with dozens of adventure time clones and shows based on the old formula of loud and random

Also Steven Universe being the most important is a joke, it's pulling less viewers now than Korra ever did, the animation is consistently a joke, and the show has more filler than a thanksgiving turkey

Korra never became that influential because no one dared attempting spitting a million per episode into a show where every episode drives the plot forward

Steven Universe meanwhile is a mess artistically and story wise, with viewership that has never reached the heights of other big shows this decade

So the people who are outside of Sup Forums are... /trash/, the general in /trash/, some Tumblrinas who only bandwagoned because of Luna and Clyde's dads, and autistic children on DeviantART and YouTube drawing this shit.

Really makes ya think, Loudfag...

Spongebob is NOT a pedofile

How delusional must one be to think that SU is more relevant than AT or the horse show?

I agree that Adventure Time is the most important, but that is nothing positive. There are so many shows that copied its style and format, and it has left the present cartoon industry stale and derivative

The last great western cartoon was Legend of Korra, since then the industry has been stuck in a pool of noodle armed, 8 bit music harping, comedy filler shows, that pretend to be deep because they got a melodramatic song playing by a band popular with millennial douche bags as something marginally sad happens on screen

Cartoons are dead, and we killed it

Bunsen is a beast

MLP

As much as I hate the show, I do agree. It's important, not in a good way since it single-handedly made animation a worse medium, but it is a huge turning point.

I would complain that you didn't specify if you meant influential to culture or to the industry, but that wouldn't have made this thread any less of a dickwaving clusterfuck, and the latter question is pointless anyway since television is mostly irrelevant to influencing kids anymore

>MLP
I want a little more details. What shows were affected by MLP:FiM? I've never watched AT or the shows influenced by it, but I recognize the shared art style of spaghetti on drugs.

+1

lots of people have put down '/thread's in this little discussion but this honestly deserves it because it is very true.

This nigga knows

Not that user, but I'm pretty sure he means shit like Even Stevens, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, their countless spin-offs, etc. Ever since Lizzie-McGuire, Disney has had a BAD habit of prioritizing gimmick sitcoms over their animated shows, and has only gotten worse with recent years. It went from cartoons sharing space with the sitcoms to eventually getting shuffled over to their other channels exclusively. They're not all bad of course, but their over-saturation hurts the channel more than anything.

I doubt Star vs. would've of been greenlit if MLP wasn't successful.

most girl shows are trying to be MLP with that whole "we remember the 80's tropes but we are 20% cooler XD" attitude

>Stevonnie's character arc is Sugar telling snowflakes to stop being triggered by everything
Isn't there an episode about Stevonnie getting triggered when xe saw Kevin?

>The last great western cartoon was Legend of Korra

Then you clearly don't watch enough Western Animation in general.

That single hand was rubber-hose animated btw

anime wins not because there is any quality to anime but because the west didnt even try

MLP

oh user, those arent the real rules to Sup Forums
real rules are
dont trigger me
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

not him but i like sticking my thumb up my anus and doing a twister

mlp is fucking trash for little girls, overblown by man-children like you

I try to, I had hopes for the last season of Samurai Jack, but after three absolutely perfect episodes it completely nosedived afterwards
Gravity Falls was legitimately funny and beautiful, but completely failed to capitalize on the mysteries and villains it had and fumbled several landings that were pivotal to the show, ending after two seasons, with the first being definitely stronger than he second
Adventure Time was and remains absolutely not my taste, probably why I don't like too much contemporary animation, in fact anything which uses a soundtrack with songs that sound like video game tracks that have not been made for the last three decades I will most likely immediately drop

Steven Universe is an abomination
All the 20th Century Fox and 21st Century fox animated shows have turned into unfunny corpses that the network is dragging with it as long as people still tune in to watch the beating of the dead horse, even Archer which used to be good is clear that it has lost steam after the lost two seasons

Also Rick and Morty is reddit the show and can go screw itself with a plumbus

Bob's burgers

How many other shows got a theatrical movie release this decade?

>Loud house
>good
It's okay at best, and painfully boring at worst. The only thing remotely interesting about is trying to come up with theories about which sister wants Lincoln's dick the most.