This is one of the best cartoons I have watched in my life

This is one of the best cartoons I have watched in my life.

Anyone who doesn't like it is because they never watched more than 6 episodes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30TPy_AywAY
youtu.be/UrCl6NihiCE
youtube.com/watch?v=6S3ngcSRdrg
youtu.be/8xf_pLwGYoI?list=PL7i1vnhhoJmvh9MW0Dgir4VdIDS9CgzUJ&t=25
youtube.com/watch?v=qee6FgqSrD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree; whoever canceled this needs pushed down the stairs

First season the show was purely episodic, and the second season amounted to nothing changed, it's meh

I think that's part of the magic in that show. The show doesn't need to a LEEP DORE in order to be funny or entartaining. We just like to watch it because it's funny and we like it. The characters don't need to come up with a bullshit, overemotional backstory for us to like them. We just like them for who they and the way they act on the episodes. Wander and Lord Hater are 2 of the most lovable characters i've seen on TV, and we don't even know where they came from.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with episodic shows, and I hate that this sort of mentality has sort of taken over these last few years.

Having each episode be it's own self contained and satisfying story with just a pinch of continuity to string it all together is the perfect recipe for a children's cartoon imo. It allows you to watch the show and enjoy it casually whenever it's on purely on the strength of it's characters and the scenarios you put them in, but also rewards more dedicated fans who watch it in sequence.

No need to worry about missing big plot points the prevent you from fully enjoying the episode, or tuning episodes that are nothing but boring filler before the actual exciting stuff happens.

I'm sure there are people who enjoy it, just stating why it's not my cup of tea, and I'm not excusing the shows that have just the first and last episode making a difference storywise either, they are just as bad. Just saying that I prefer shows where every episode drives the story forward. To be honest for this reason I have not really been watching cartoons since Legend of Korra ended. Now I mostly spend my time laughing at all the stupid shit that happens. Also I was to start watching Samurai Jack, but I heard the show drops of the cliff of quality after the first three episodes

Dominator was neato, but the show was annoying.

I'd rank it with Star Wars Rebels. Sitting through two seasons to get to Vader vs Ahsoka.

Dominator was by far the worst character on the main cast though

Her green thighs let me tolerate her.

It doesn't drip off in quality. Edgelords were just buttmad it didn't stay grimdark.

There. I typed out a sentence unreadable to anyone who got laid in school.

WoY will be sorely missed, to be fair it was kinda craig's fault for making a show for disney. I wish we could just let creators make shit and not have them beholden to corporations who just want shit to fill air time so they can sell ad space

WoY was better than it had any right to be, and delivered important messages for the most part in interesting ways. Apart from that super cringeworthy Neckbeard the wizard and most of that Troll episode which were a bit too on the nose. They even could have redeemed Dominator a bit and made her a likeable character if only they got a S3.

What are you favorite episodes Sup Forums?

I love The Breakfast personally, pure fucking kino.

That, and any episode centered around Peepers.

Dominator wasn't even the best girl to come out of S2.

I listen to the entirety of My Fair Hatey about as often as I listen to the Doomstar Requiem.

Which is to say pretty often.

You've got good taste friendo, they're both GOAT cartoon musical specials.

youtube.com/watch?v=30TPy_AywAY

>That character arc for Hater
>That reprise later at the end

youtu.be/UrCl6NihiCE
youtube.com/watch?v=6S3ngcSRdrg

HNNNGG

I love the way they executed Hater's character growth in Season 2. He's the best/funniest part of the show, and it's a shame we never got to see the rest of the plans for him.

>that piano tie saxaphone

It fucking kills me every time. Wander is such a groovy fucker.

It honestly hurts that we'll never get a continuation because the cast worked SO well together. Also the only reason I'm hype for the new Ducktales (I'm wary for several reasons but a strong plus it's favour is) because fucking Hater plays Scrooge's Nemesis Flintheart and I'm hoping he just plays Hater as an old scottish git.

Man, in every musical episode there's usually a song that drags it down a bit, but I can't think of a single song in MFH that doesn't totally deserve to be there either in terms of story, or sheer entertainment value.

I think it might be the most perfect episode of any show.

>You've been waiting this whole time to see these guys team up
>hero/villain team up is best trope
They finally get together and they don't even talk to each other, they SING
>it's not even to defeat a big villain it's because hater actually asked for help to do a stupid thing and wander is all about helping his buddy

>every song is excellent
>peepers and sylvia in any scene together.
>I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND
>that fucking banjo speedup chase sequence perfectly bringing you through hater's crushing blow and into into wanders cheer AND they made it funny. And it sounds good, ANDnd tells the story through like three fucking layers.
>did I mention not a single song is wasted? Everything has a purpose
>Nearly every word of the script sang if not every one.
>that ending

It's just such a fucking tight and stylish episode I think it could be used to teach people shit in class. And it destroys a bit of me every time I realise we'll never get any more because it was destined for a syndicated package that it was far too good for. Can netflix rescue this or something?

yes. It was fucking amazing.

it has deep lore
Where did wonder come from why did he changed his name.
There are alot of episodes for lore speculations

I miss hate already.

Hate's great, best villain.

And don't you ever forget.

It was annoying. Wander was annoying. It annoyed me.

>Can netflix rescue this or something?
As far as I'm aware netflix develops programs by mashing up like elements that their algorithms tell them people share interest in. (eg people who tend to like political dramas also tend to like Kevin Spacey films).
I'm not sure they'd be interested in it (assuming they could even get the IP).

I couldnt finish the first episode. Too much noise, just the inane fucking noise and that damn opening. I would not be able to handle having a kid that was obsessed with this show.

holy fucking shit I never noticed how adorable slyvia is in this sequence, whoever animated this did a great job on her and nobody else in that shot.

youtu.be/8xf_pLwGYoI?list=PL7i1vnhhoJmvh9MW0Dgir4VdIDS9CgzUJ&t=25
0:25

>important messages

As long as you realize Wander's moral system would've gotten him killed without his adamantium plot armor and magic hat, yeah, there were some good messages.

The Brainstorm purely for bei g a laugh-a-minute episode.

My Fair Hatey and The Big Day where pretty hype too.

You've misjudged it hard then, because it's actually a pretty chill show and far less ADHD than many other notable cartoons currently on the air.

It's kind of like a weird hybrid of Spongebob and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, with a tiny bit of Hanna Barbera mixed in.

>Never redeemed Hater singing a heartfelt reprise of 'You're the Greatest' to a bitter and still evil Peepers after spending time with Wander and learning that happiness comes not just from being loved but from reaching out to others

Half my hype for Ducktales is from how much of the crew seems to gave come from WoY.

I trust Frank Angones.

>Dominators mocking bit about picking a death scream she does two options
>right before her ship freezes and she thinks she's one she does the second scream.

it's the little things

That makes me excited for Ducktales. I was going to let that show pile on my backlog a bit before I watch it, but now I kind of want to watch it while it airs.

I never experienced as much emotional wiplash from seeing I'm the Bad Guy go viral and bring so much attention to the show, and then 2 or 3 days later they announced the cancellation.

Yeah that honestly made me feel extreme dread. I marathon'd the show for Dominator because I really liked I'm the Bad Guy, but I ended up loving the show for Wander, Sylvia, Hater, and Peepers.

If only watched his show sooner. Sorry Wander.

I'm in the same boat. I saw wander being posted everywhere and love his design, he's like the fraggle that never was. And the aty style of the show looked amazing (probably because they had that whole "no star wars" rule) but never watched the show until s2 was wrapping up (i think around MFH actually).

I really wish there was more we could have done for the show.

Couldn't get past the themesong, too annoying.

That's the point though. Wander is, in universe, an annoying character to most people. Even many of his friends. He's so nice it's borderline obnoxious.

But in the charming way, like Spongebob.

That's because Sylvia is always adorable

I kinda felt the same way when I started watching. I was one of those who got into the show for Dominator. I felt I was watching something stupid and retarded like uncle grandpa or Clarence (sorry).

Turns out EVERY bit of the show grew in me in a way I can't understand. It's like I'm Major Threat and Wander could turn me to good. The show is just too amazing and the characters too lovable not to adore. It still took me some 10 episodes to really start liking the show, and about a whole season for me to absolutely love it.

>Clarence
>Bad

Nigga, it's innocent fun and the only passable show on Cartoon Network's lineup right now.

I agree. I think It's pretty much pottery how most adult viewers start out watching the show thinking it's for kids, but the messages are pretty much universal when you get around to watching a couple more episodes.

I think adults sometimes need the reminder that needing help and helping others is still something that matters as you get older.

Well, could be because i never gave it a chance. Maybe it's not bad, but I still don't feel like watching because I feel I would only like it if I was some 13 years younger.

Wander was annoying. Genuinely unpleasantly annoying. I liked Lord Hater better.

Clarence is a straightforward and down to earth show about normal kids hanging out and doing kid things. It's simplicity is what makes it so good, especially in an era where most of Cartoon Networks other shows are either over the top ADHD wacky or hipster DEEPEST LORE MUH FEELS bullshit.

For a younger audience it's very relatable, and for an older crowd it feels very nostalgic.

It's nothing particularly special sure, but at the very least it's a refreshing show that puts childhood fun above everything else.

Give a thumbs up if you cri evry tim
youtube.com/watch?v=qee6FgqSrD4

Just because he's magic doesn't mean he can't teach you things.

>Anyone who doesn't like it is because they never watched more than 6 episodes.

user, thats every cartoon. Also season 3 when

never because all disney wants the show for is reruns

>he show doesn't need to a LEEP DORE in order to be funny or entartaining
But that's exactly what they tried to do. That's what McCracken wanted to do if the show had been able to go on.

The whole point with dominator is that you can't always change a person from their ways

>i-it's a good show so what if you dont like it after one, three, six episodes just watch the entire fucking season y-youll like it trust me

I've always thought that Hater should've started his path to be redeemed with being a good friend to Peepers. And Peepers himself must get his redemption through Hater, and that's why Wander almost always ignored him.

>The whole point with dominator is that you can't always change a person from their ways

she was coming around by the end of Season 2. She would have broken by the end of season 4. She was just tsundere. She showed she could have real fun with sylvia on their date. She just didn't understand what friends were because she surrounded herself with robots, nearly every scene she wasn't cackling in was about how lonely she was.

She was so going to become the angry big emo sister of the group.

I'll never forget it. It'll always pain me knowing what could have been.

I'd hope for the opposite; with Hater concluding his arc by learning to be a good friend and then being so to Peepers.

Hater's problem isn't that he's evil, it's that he's egotistical and insecure, he want's to be loved and his villain status is a result of that.
Couldn't you see him deciding that being a hero is a better way of getting that after the adoration he got from beating Dom?
So villany would be out of the window but he'd still have to work on his egotism and insecurity.

That would leave Peepers in the lurch who by Craig's word is way more invested in the evil thing than Hater.

And after an all powerfull badguy like Dom, it'd be nice to go for a more personal antagonist.

It'd also be pretty interesting to see Wander deal with getting the one thing he wants, to get Hater to realise the power of do-gooding, by breaking up a friendship.

You'd have to throw the monkey-boy stuff in there somehow but some stuff Frank said did hint at Peepers teaming up with the next season badguy.

I'd say the animation and visuals are pretty special for western animation.

Probably The Day for me.