AMERICA #5 PREVIEW

Sup Forums favorite comics

Kevin Wada variant cover

>The patriarchy

>Slay monsters, the patriarchy
YASS QUEEN!!!

>I cannot with the entire world right now

I had to read it three times to make sure i wasnt spazzing out and missing 'cannot deal with'

>The patriarchy

I don't think it is a mistake either

she just can't even with the world right now

how is that so hard to understand

>patriarchy
why is it so forced? cant you just write a lesbian character without sperging those buzzwords?

Do the text boxes look extra out of place to anyone else.
Its really bothering me.
Dont you you the saying 'I cant even'

I just don't understand how these two somehow became best friends

They literally had only two interactions in the whole of Young Avengers vol. 2

Kate spent more time riding Noh Varr's dick

Oh god, the colouring improved but the art got ten times worse. Also, the fact that the speech bubbles look fine but everything else looks compressed makes me think whoever drew/coloured this doesn't know what he is doing.

>i cant even

Yeah thats dumb to begin with too, but even if we assume thats what they were going for they still fucked up.

>YASS QUEEN!!!

Glad to see Joe Quinones got off this shitshow.

In the last panel Chavez looks like a fucking giant. But it seems like the artist can't into perspective here the inside of Kate's house looks tilted

People may shit on Diversity&Comics but the observation that women in comics written by SJWs are instantly friends was on point.

Why is America acting like that annoying girl you never wanna talk? I thought she was a serious woman, in Young Avengers she was very no nonsense. What happened?

The writer knows nothing about the character other than the fact that's she brown,has a vagina, and likes other vaginas.

>this is going past 5 issues
>it'll last longer than Nova and Robbie

Spider-Pig?

Proof of God's cruelty

Cancel a book about a lesbian Latinx written by a Puerto Rican intersex... Thing? It's safe until they have enough for 2 trades I'd say.

Hey, the issue got better or did Sup Forums got tired of it?

Spider-Ham, you uncultured pleb.

It is a strange thing for them to reference.

Dumb unfunny thing from writera trying too hard to be quirky but I do like his snout being the Spider face symbol.

Apparently from this issue Rivera now has help from another writer, Kelly Thompson. Who? I don't know either, but she is apparently writing Hawkeye (One of the Marvel books I hear nothing about) and surprise, she used to be a columnist for CBR.
I hate Marvel.

Holy shit those faces in the third panel

It is what millennial girls like to say nowadays. If your look at any SJW author Marvel has hired, the saying will be in their books.

Little joke
Why are girls always in groups of 3?

Because they can't even.

Why is it so physically demanding to read each single line of dialogue in this?

Are you saying that Spider-ham is a dumb unfunny thing, or that the reference to him in America is a dumb unfunny thing?

Ok I'm betting that this is the issue they turn Kate gay.

The REAL Hawkeye fucks girls.

I'm glad America's so happy about flopping, because that's what her comic's doing every month.

Indeed.

Wish his channel hadn't become so obsessed with SJW-this, SJW-that. It's damn near every video now .

Why can't she get married already?

Ignoring her relationships with every straight guy on the YA roster since 2005 to make her gay for America? Yep no chance she stays straight at this point.

Spider-Ham is dumb, sorry if you're a fan of it. Not a big fan of all those 39 million Spider variants from alternate universes or timegaps leeching off the original's popularity.

2099 is cool though.

I liked Clint and Kate, until they decided to make Kate suddenly hate Clint for some reason

And Clint doesn't?

It would be tremendously unprofessional if that's how the printed book ends up looking, but yes. Compared to the other previews, the images look compressed as fuck. Both are taking from CBR, and there's a clear difference in quality. Maybe they got them from another source and upscaled it? I know Marvel is retarded but they can't be retarded enough to print .jpegs

Give it time.
Spider-Man is fucking his ex now. The slippery slope to homo town has begun.

In some alternate reality there is an America comic that is a SoL about a teenage superhero taking time off to go to college while trying her best to not let herself get distracted by the cape and cowl scene. A comic where the sororities aren't named after movie quotes, she hangs out with the ex-teammate she was never close with because she's lonely and a little overwhelmed, the girls who dress like her are just a group of overly obsessed fans who America really to give a reality check but doesn't have the heart to, and whose break up with her girlfriend was about issues stemming from their age difference and life goals.

Ours is the worst reality.

Same. I don't what the fuck happened with Fraction between those long-ass hiatuses, but it was really jarring to see Kate going from being kinda bratty to "Oh, you're not feeling social because one of tenants in your building died on your watch over your beef with the Russian Mob? Well BOO FUCKING HOO what about MY problems?!"

wew lad. What went wrong with Marvel

Forgot to attach the picture.

Tumblr stops giving a shit after the first mag and move on to complain about something else so yeah.

Yes, yes he does.

You're not joking. I actually had to stop after every speech bubble. No human being talks like this as everyday spee-

-holy shit, I just realized something,

This reads like people _chat_. If the only exposure you had to how "the young people" talk was through tumblr and twitter and you hadn't ever spoken to a real, actual person... this was how you'd write this dialogue.

I shouldn't be surprised, given what Gabby does to Spanish, but every single issue finds a new way to showcase how terrible a writer she is. It's like studying a fractal of awful.

She's the writer for the Jem and the Holograms series from IDW and wrote the last few issues of A-Force.

>implying CBR steals final Marlel preview images from other sites

It's amazing how this book manages to be worse every issue. Before I just kinda rolled my eyes at it's awfulness like other bad comics I can just ignore, but if they're going to drag Kate into this abyss of quality I'm legit mad.

Hiring a brand new author who doesn't have a background in comics, putting them on a monthly without anything like a workshop or someone to assist them in getting into the "flow" of monthly titles, and a lack of editorial oversight and revision.

Thompson is on A-Force since the second issue of the Secret Wars volume of the same name.

That makes a whole lot of sense. Especially since this pattern is also prevalent in the "young, hip people" Marvel's been hiring for comics like Hellcat and Squirrel Girl lately who clearly spend about 99% of their lives online.

I cannot find another reasoning for that shitty compression user. Either Marvel just happened to give out only the preview of this book with such a shitty quality, or they are really going to publish this crap.

She was the writer of issues 5-10 and cowriter of issue 2.

These are all post-Secret Was issue numbers.

America has a girlfriend though.

I know. Clint is straight.

They broke up. She 'saved' her but still dind't get together.

My first thought after seeing this page was "what the fuck happened to She-Hulk?"

>I just don't understand how these two somehow became best friends
The author ships them. That's it, her ultimate goal is making her fanfics canon.

that's what Sup Forums said every issue of Spider-Woman.

Why is she growing

subliminal giantess fetish

Hawkeye only fucks hawkeye

Heheh

is it just me, or is the writing a little better?

I mean, it still sucks. Just fractionally less so. And the art is physically painful.

Thompson is co-writing.

Post generations removes the anad sjw style. Still keeps diversity.

Did the artist change? It looks a little less awful than usual I think I actually miss the old art in an ironic 'laugh at it' way

for fuck sake eve nGillen said he was joking with that stupid line, Kate is straight she said so, she identified herself as straight and Gillen supports that, if I see a guy in the street and my friend calls me gay as a tease, it doesn't mean I'm automatically gay because he said so, for fuck sake

>Transforms into a highly detailed male in one single panel like something out of a spongebob episode.

I almost feel bad for Kate Bishop. She's one of the least objectionable nu/legacy characters but does she do anything besides guest star in other books?

She has/had her own Hawkeye book very recently.

I like the new artstyle but I miss the bushy eyebrows

Who's the dude on the left side of the mirror?

I think one of the moms

That70sShowBURN.gif

Was the writer getting paid $.05 for each time the word "pillow" was mentioned?
I've seen better writing in teen fanfiction.

Kate sucked since Fraction. Just another sassy action female character treating Clint like shit just because.

Too late. Rivera wants to make this the new Korrasami.

That is closer to a bad drawing of Lou Diamond Phillips than it is a bad drawing of a woman.

Also in America's alt dimension origin why would she have the traits of her mothers? I assumed she was adopted not somehow genetically made from two women.

Who is the editor of this comic? First question anyone should be asking to Rivera and Thompson is "What is the call to adventure?" Why, after watching two people just sit and talk about stuff in the previous issue, want to turn the page and see where this chapter goes?

Don't even know why it bothers me so much, but this is such a bad preview. You couldn't get some pages from the middle section where hopefully something interesting is going on?

This better end with hangovers and the two naked in bed

The way this sentence is structured...It's weird.
America either is pro-patriarchy, or she slays extra-large pizzas.

I know it's a boy who cried wolf situation.
But that is a legit tumblr nose going on.

Literally someone being paid Marvel money to color this character's nose noticeably darker than the rest of her face in a way that looks super weird.

It's slays pizzas, as using slay as a synonym for destroying a pizza or just in general the idea of devouring a pizza rapidly.

This is even worse that I thought.

Am I the only one who feels that America Chavez is too safe? Like there's nothing really rebellious about the character at all?

Kinda. It's hard to do a rebellious character when the character in question is a time/dimensionally hopping superhero who is a member of a major superhero team that includes the head of an international defense agency and head of state.

Is the artist on this going blind or something. What's up with the quality.

wait. Sup Forums's favorite comics?

Well it could be we aren't taking anything seriously, cause of how bad it is.

I mean she's supposed to be dealing with a light monster, changes in her life in college and her breakup.
But it's all been so terrible you can't take it serious. It's like The Room in levels of not meaning to he a comedy but it is cause of how had it is.

This. In theory, she should be rebellious because she's headstrong, doesn't listen to people, and is argumentative. She's meant to be a strong, but flawed lone wolf who's afraid of opening up.

In practice, she's just a huge bitch who has no want or reason to change, and everyone loves her.

I hardly talk with anyone outside of Sup Forums and I know not to fuck up structuring sentences or worse meme in real life. How autistic do you have to be to translate that into dialogue? Even if your main market is Tumblr the 80/20 rule of lurkers to posters mean you limit your pool even more.

The original cover is better. :[