Is ONE the best webcomic creator?

Is ONE the best webcomic creator?

Other urls found in this thread:

avasdemon.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe

He's so good that a top tier artist wanted to redo his story and his comic got its own anime series that's actually pretty damn good.

He is the best webcomic creator in the history of ever.

No, she's Michelle Czajkowski.

I think so. The new Mob Psycho chapter made me cry hard.

And his layouts are so good that said top tier artist barely changes anything in that respect

Say what you will about his "style" but the man's composition skills are godlike.

Is that name pronounced like "oh en ee", or "oh-ne", or is it meant to be just number 1 in allcaps?

Yes, or at least one of the best. Despite his art being considered by many as 'bad' it's steadily improving. If you compare the first chapter of OPM to the new chapter of MP100, the difference in quality is astounding. And his storytelling is also fucking amazing.

Definitely the most successful.

I thought the crappy artstyle was intentional?

Unfortunately, most people put more stock in safe and "correct" imagery than in conveyance and composition. Your average consumer responds better to a flat, lazy, plastered on ":D" than to a weird but emotive face. They think Todd McFarlane's pinups are the apex of artistry and scoff at simple but fluid composition like Tezuka's.

Absolutely correct. He proves that you don't need to have genus-level art skills to tell a good story or get people interested. You need good writing, composition and a bit of consistency. Tho, there are some panels where you can tell that he's totally trying to be badass and he totally sells it even though he's not technically 'good' as an artist.

Her art is definitely amazing, but I feel like she needs to work on her pacing.

In terms of popularity and success than yeah he's struck gold plus actually being a good writer helps too but how much money does he bring in at this point?

No. No it's not. He's legitimately a bad artist. He's lucky he can tell a decent parody story.
He's actually almost stopped working on the original. The new manga is considered the new canon.

>He's a legit mediocre artist in rendering and anatomy

Fixed that for you.
Even then, he plays up wobbly lines at times.

A lot.

>OPM has gotten millions of hits since it's started
>ONE and Murata got a print deal with Shueisha and OPM became a best seller
>A popular anime series that's getting a second season
>figmas
>advertisements on candy bars
>got ANOTHER publishing deal with Mob Psycho 100, another comic that has gotten millions of hits
>ANOTHER hit anime series

He's definitely topped the Penny Arcade guys in terms of success

IMO you are correct user, also mentioned this here

PAX is still a bi-annual event that's considered a presser for a lot of video game people. They still probably reign supreme.

>>ANOTHER hit anime series

Mind posting an example? Genuinely curious here.

to be fair, his first series, Makai no Ossan delved really deep into discussing about how to create manga with paneling and effects that are commonly ignored by artists.

literally who

>He's definitely topped the Penny Arcade guys in terms of success

They're still financially more successful and PAX is huge.

However, Bald and Piglike's success is merely in the business sense, nobody is hanging at the edge of their seats for the next PA strip, meanwhile NE success is his creative work reaching a higher number of people, and I think for an artist that matters more.

Murata Is the reason the series got popular. Without him one would be fucked.

The only stuff by ONE I've really looked at is OPM. But I've always had the feeling that the dude actually has top-tier skill. But just chooses not to use it.
Not that I know shit about him. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's actually a really well known artist that just don't want people to recognize his stuff (also why he uses a pseudonym).

What other Webcomics have ever gotten adaptations into other media? I can only think of One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 off of the top of my head, although I feel like I'm probably forgetting something obvious.

Who is this? I don't read webcomics.

Axe Cop

But that is part of the success

Another more popular better artist wanting to redo your comic is great so I'm not sure why you'd try to change the narrative here

He created One Punch Man.

Huh. That's cool that a webcomic creator manage to hit the big leagues.

I always said that Murata's art/designs were the reason people too a story as silly as OPM so seriously.
I feel like ONE has lot of trouble creating tension.

We Bare Bears was a web comic before it became a show.

Creator of one punch man. It started out as a shittily drawn webcomic by this guy before it became an anime/manga

She made a webcomic.
avasdemon.com/

He was essentially an indie darling before that, to the extent that people outside of Japan were taking notice.

You may as well point out Don Blyth wouldn't have achieved fame without being picked up by Disney.

I wish i was successful as ONE.

I think my favorite thing about this series is when Saitama is drawn all shitty when he's right next to these wonderfully crafted characters that probably took days to draw

Murata is literally a genius at rendering. He's streamed his work before, panels take a few hours at most.

Most of everyone who are big wigs in the anime/manga industry like ONE for some reason. I guess he's a representation of that simple soul that seemed to have lost in the industry.

Also, anyone noticed how ONE and Murata are sort of like Saitama and Genos in a way.

He actually draws very fast for the quality.

He streams his chapters.

I really need to catch up with this thing.

>stalkerfags
who let you out of your general?

How far the manga is it now?

just go read the webcomic, you'll get used to it

>He's actually almost stopped working on the original. The new manga is considered the new canon.
That's because OPM is his hobby side-comic; he's been focusing on finishing up MP100 since it's his "real" job.

I think he's quite lucky that Murata found his work.

You know you've got some gold when other creatives are knocking down the door to collaborate with you. Even by nip standards many assumed the OPM anime had a larger budget than it actually did because Madhouse worked themselves raw to do the adaption justice, and Bones pulled insane things in MP100 like using 50+ individual frames of fucking oil painting for several seconds of animation. That's genuine hype to create.

Madhouse knew they'd get a lot of shit if they couldn't live up to Murata's animatics .

And they did. Poor bastards.

I did.
Isnt the manga following the webcomic? That's why I asked.

It was quite the set of circumstances

Not strictly, they insert a lot of content between Garou's hunt and the monster association arc

>Shueisha being retarded and nearly squandering one of their best talents because of beauracracy

They really can't do anything right.

What did we do to deserve Murata?

No. He starts off really well with any of his comics but after a while he keeps adding random characters instead of focusing on the few mains. It turns to shit.

they're REAAAAAAAAALLY stretching out the monster association arc. We might get to the Monster Association Raid in a couple months if we're lucky.

Not enough.

lackadaisy is by far the best webcomic, sadly it updates almost never but when it does the art and story is really amazing, but if we are going for jap webcomics Pandemonium: Wizard Village is a lot better, so no, ONE is not the best webcomic creator and will never be.

Shut up, Morbi.

Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy the inbetween material that Murata is drawing for OPM?
I feel it's actually TOO focused on action, and the writing (despite being ONE's) isn't nearly as solid as the original story.
Honestly it's kind of wankish.

the old man from hell was great

I think Garou needed the time to develop, and the parts where Saitama is directly involved are great. But otherwise yeah, I don't care about the action of throwaway monsters vs throwaway heroes (which are still mostly one shot attacks) or Suiryu enough to keep as excited as I usually am.

stop

Well, I guess he's not whatever the Sup Forums one is.

Are there any western web artists as successful as One?

You do not know my name,but 7 years from now you will,and i will be bigger than any western webcomic creator you know

BnHA is already popular though.

I was talking about me,Monoma just represents my super big ego and my smugness

No one likes capeshit Naruto.

How is Murata such a god-tier manga artist?

>The fucking reflections

After Eyeshield 21, he went full /ic/ and then drew OPM. The basics are important.

He was already most of the way there during Eyeshield.

>has a professional redraw of his manga which is placed in the top ten best selling manga list
>Two animes to his name which were GOAT-tier and probably Best Anime of their respective seasons

He's definitely been successful

I really like Ashley Cope with Unsounded.

>He learns that ONE's family is against him becoming a mangaka

How dumb must they feel now.

I give you an offer: We roll a fair die for $20. You can either pick all numbers 1-5 or just the number 6 and I have to take the other choice. You take 1-5 because it's obviously the best pick. We roll the die and it legitimately comes up a 6 and you have to pay me the $20. Were you dumb to pick 1-5 instead of 6? Of course not. His parents were picking 1-5 and were absolutely correct to do so and all the success in the world won't change that.

only because you know that the really good stuff has yet to come.

though it seems we're finally getting there? Now that the filler tournament arc is done.

doesn't seem like they tried that hard to stop ONE after Murata contacted him

>Is ONE the best
yes

It's dumb when ONE had a dice with the number six on all the faces, terribly handwritten but still the number six and his parents decided to roll the normal dice

All of the new filler is actually written by ONE or written by Murata and corrected and approved by ONE, so all of it its cannon and actually adds more things to the story that ONE rethought or wanted to add

Why the fuck does he update only like 4 times a year? And the guy doing the new one is as well even though that one actually males money.

>lackadaisy is by far the best webcomic, sadly it updates almost never but when it does the art and story is really amazing,
The art is great, but the plot is diddly. Just small-time gangsters facing off against Team Bozos in St. Louis during prohibition. We were teased that someone was going to die in the main cast four years ago and nothing has come of it

Murata's OPM is great, but my heart will forever belong to Eyeshield 21.

>he didnt like mob psycho 100
Thats some interesting taste you got there. Why dont you keep it to yourself.

He means it wasn't a smash hit on the same level as OPM , though to be fair that's pretty hard to top

He's writing and storyboarding the manga version of OPM too

This is a meme right?

The absolute madmen

maybe a couple years ago

>Murata was ordered to stop doing these because "wasted pages"

>Is ONE the best webcomic creator?

Not even close.

>comparing statistical advantages to just being a decent parent by providing support for your child

yeah, you're dumb