Superman & Batman Generations 1 & 2 Chronological Storytime 1929-1969

What would the DC universe look like if there were no timeline resets and Batman and Superman aged? This is but one possible answer.

>presented in order of in-story year beginning with 1929
>Generations is a conscious effort to meta-fictionally emulate the evolution of DC comics. You will notice some intentional continuity "errors"
>I'm omitting the 2019/192X chapter of G2 because it's impossible to separate out the sections appropriately and it kinda sucks
>Likewise, I'm omitting Generations 3 because it sucks, it's creepy, and because it retcons itself out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYTQffU-I8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Batman gets old, retires, and marries the joker.

The year is 1929.
America stands on the brink of The Great Depression.

After White Knight's announcement I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe DC will get those guys who drew that edgy Batman/Joker and "Superman destroys the earth" comics.

BYRNE PEDO FETISH FUEL INCOMING

Nah, that's in G3. This is wholesome stuff.
No 700-year olds kissing 16-year olds or old men marrying their adoptive great-granddaughters.

I'm already having connection trouble.
wew lad

Lois a smug

>Rex Thorul

B R A V O
Y
R
N
E

>the smirk in panel 5

Lois a lewd

The year is 1939.
A storm gathers over Europe while America recovers from a decade of internal turmoil.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYTQffU-I8

Lois a cute

bump

Thank you.

>Shall I toss him off again?

M A D M A N

Man of Murder

The year is 1942.
The world is at war!

The Batman/Captain America also happens around this time.

Hawkman's mask freaks me out.

IIRC Batman/Cap takes place in 1945

F

Does it? I guess that makes sense with the nuke plot.

Earth 38, now is it?

I don't see anything wrong with that. Not like it's preteen. Ew

For reasons that shall be revealed later, this isn't the Ultra-Humanite. His real identity is unrevealed.

I dunno man, shacking up with the girl who was calling you granpa for four centuries seems a little weird.

Yep. Although I'm not sure how I feel about making Elseworlds no one else will touch besides their creators as fixtures of the multiverse.

With those muscles you look exactly like Gal Gadot.

Luthor needs to invest in better henchmen.

Having some technical difficulties.

bump

A twist worthy of M. Night Shyamalan.

>someone just stepped on my grave

Get used to this, Byrne uses it A LOT.

Thanks.

The year is 1949.
Not even Superman and Batman can always save the day.

This was Byrne's last mostly great work imo. It's also one of the first things I remember reading so I might be biased. And yes, I'm old enough to post here.

>1999 was 18 years ago
JUST

Also, I mostly hate Byrne inking and lettering his comics but it works here for some reason. Or maybe my bias is showing again.

I think G1 and G2 are both good. And the colorist is GOAT.

G3 is where his inks get really sloppy.

Yeah but I hate his Wonder Woman art which, if I'm not mistaken, is the exact same "team" doing it.

Now that I think about it, I like this "run" better than Byrne's actual Superman run. Also [legit spoilers]are you storytiming the Captain America team up?

>Get used to this, Byrne uses it A LOT.

Yeah, I can remember an instance in Spider-Man: Chapter One, too.

More technical difficulties.

He might have had more time to polish up the art for these minis as opposed to the Wondie ongoing.

I don't have the endurance to it, sorry.

I understand. Storytiming is an incredibly boring and thankless process.

I want to read about Joker's misadventures in the gulags.

That user is right; Batman/Cap opens with "January, 1945". The epilogue also takes place in 1965

There was also a short Batman story Byrne did for Batman: Black and White that he says takes place in 1947. It's just a Batman and Robin story (that doesn't play a role in the larger story with Ultra-Humanite and all that, but is part of the Generations universe.

I also think the Byrne Doom Patrol segment where then-modern day Cliff ends up in the Generations universe in 1965 may count as well.

I actually have a chronological folder consisting of G1, G2, the Batman B&W story, Batman/Cap, the Doom Patrol segment, and the 2008 part of G3 cause I was storytiming it about three years ago. I just didn't put the 1929 story first even though I probably should've.

I miss the good old days of 4chanX with image and captcha queues.

I like your style. How'd you handle G2's 2019/192x story?