So ... we can all agree this is a better death of Superman than the death of Superman

So ... we can all agree this is a better death of Superman than the death of Superman

*death of Superman story

The Final Days of Superman was a better death than Death of Superman.

Without even comparing it to anything else, Death of Superman is pretty awful.

>All Star
It certainly did kill Superman.

It's not that bad, but it's just very average and wouldn't be noteworthy if not for the spectator hype.

"Average" for the big 2 is trash.

Go tell us how it wasn't faithful to your view of the character and your personal headcanons, crybaby.

He didn't die though.

He's kinda right.

Dumbfucks like Zack Snyder looked at it and decided Superman has to always be a Christ allegory, to say nothing of plenty of people referencing it without understanding it. "They will join you in the sun" has been completely mangled.

All Star Superman is definitely my favorite version of the character.

>Dumbfucks like Zack Snyder looked at it and decided Superman has to always be a Christ allegory

...wut? It was Donner that put all the christ stuff into the superman mythos (other than the stuff that was already there from the comics). If anything Snyder did the opposite and made it blatantly obvious he WASNT christ, no matter how much people want him to be.

It's much more about people crying that every single non-ASS Superman is unfaithful to the character because they've made that their personal headcanon, actually.

Operative word: "always."

He shoehorned in the Christ allegory despite wanting a flawed Superman because his stupid ass thinks you HAVE to do that and, in his case, disprove it.

Before All Star, a lot of people were more willing to sideline it occasionally depending on the story being told. Now a bunch of chucklefucks (thankfully not every writer) think you always need to acknowledge it.

>He shoehorned in the Christ allegory

he really didnt though. There is a single christ image in all of MoS, and like maybe 3 or 4 in BvS and they are all there to say that Superman is definitely not christ, no matter how similar he may seem. He is Superman.

> because his stupid ass thinks you HAVE to do that

I mean its not like DC has ever shyed away from using biblical imagery before. Heck, they literally have a book called Kingom Come

Majestic: The Big Chill is better

This

>he really didnt though.
He really did. He made the allusions, made All Star references, etc, and it didn't help the film's in any way. He feels he NEEDS to address it even though he doesn't.

>DC uses that imagery sometimes
...So? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm talking about how dumbassess have come to think you always need to reference the Christ angle now.

Death of Superman was shit but World Without and Return of are GOAT Superman stories.

He did die

Nope

This. Caspere knew this. So did Lois.

He's still alive in dc one million. He just spends a really long time living in the sun.