THE CREW N' SHIEET

>first all black superhero team
>writer decides to call them "the crew" like they're a bunch of hoodrats
>the heroes are in favor of re-segregation
>canceled after 2 issues
why the fuck was this even allowed to be published?
Will marvel ever be not shit again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crew_(comics)
youtube.com/watch?v=L7m61Em4A5k
youtube.com/watch?v=1xz-12fur0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least show some effort and do a storytime for #4 if you're trying to bait Sup Forums posting.

You do know there was an earlier group of all black heroes called the crew written by Priest, right? This one just has Black Panther in it. Also that too was cancelled after one issue. Not that you care at all

How is it Sup Forums posting to call out shit writing?
There's nothing wrong with a black superhero team but this was handled like dog shit.

sooooo whats wrong with that???

It's Sup Forumsposting by you regurgitating the stale We Wuz maymay just because the team was called The Crew. Because groups of people never call themselves a Crew. Go fap to your pedo gay man dumb conservifag

How many threads about black people have you made today, OP? I've seen like 5.

>the avengers
>the defenders
>SHIELD
>then "the crew"
Its shit and your a faggot in denial. Good thing you ignored all the other points :^)

>implying the problem is black people and not Marvel's rapid decline into mediocrity
Nice projecting there

Up your game OP.. It's jacking it's name from a christopher priest series, where it went from a very diverse multicultural urban cast to full BLM. The fallout of how the book was treated was a reason Priest put up his "Anything but black lead characters" rule, and effectively exiled himself from the industry for nearly a decade.

>why the fuck was this even allowed to be published?
Because Coates BP was making a profit.

>Will marvel ever be not shit again?

Yeah man it's like all the good group names have already been taken or something. But no it's obviously Marvel being SJWs. Now it's your turn to tell us about that time you saw the one black kid at your high school """chimp out""" and then imagepost a bunch of graphs about how minorities are subhuman :^)

What the fuck are you doing? If you encourage people to be morons, they'll take you up on that offer.

I never said anything about their race being a problem. but I guess I'm just a Sup Forums bogeyman.

I'm making fun of OP for posting obvious Sup Forumsb8 and being a Sup Forumssmoker. That seems pretty obvious

>I have no problem with black people
>as long as they don't call themselves something I associate with urban crime

"I--I'm not mad! I'M the one trolling YOU!"

>anyone calling me out for being an obvious idiot in the idiot is mad bad fell for my epic trolling >:)))

>black heroes should have a stereotypical team name because how else would you know they're black
>i'm not the racist here

And by that I mean that the Coates one went full BLM. By comparision, Priest was able to sell the idea of a white black panther, at least for a little bit.

You're orally fisting yourself with obvious bait, is what you're doing.

Shows how bad writing can ruin a great concept.

>black heroes written by a black man shouldn't be allowed to refer to themselves however the fuck they want and need to refer to themselves by names I deem to be appropriate

Sorry those uppity blacks went and offended you mastah

Are you an ESL poster? Do you understand blaxploitation refers to an era of films made for black audiences by black filmmakers? Are you like actually inbred how is anyone this dumb

>still ignores the whole "whitey out to get me" plot

Yes, everyone is OP

>blacks exploiting each other for profit

it's like the slave trade all over again

>blacks across the world have the same experience and are in no way different
Two members (one being the fucking team leader) of the team are from Africa. Do you think Black Panther, who didn't come up with any form of American black culture would name his team "The Crew". The fact that they're from different backgrounds could make for interesting story lines but racist like you think blacks are all the same

>I'm so insecure that any story with black protagonists and white antagonists is """whitey out to get me"""
Kek

>African royalty teams up with urban black Americans
honestly I'd like to see the differences in African and American black people be brought up in a comic. It would actually give the characters some depth.

Did you read any of it? That's the actual plot.

But that's too complex for Marvel's writers. There could be an interesting story about Black Panther wanting to help other African civilizations to make up for Wakanda's isolation. People could reject him because his help isn't wanted, even his own team mates could turn on him for an issue because they see the Wakandans as selfish. But no. We get this crap which doesn't take into account the different experiences of blacks across the globe and is purely American centric.

In-universe BP has spent decades of time traveling to and living in America occasionally working with other black characters. You really don't think he'd be influenced at all by American culture. How many Africans who now live in the US do you know? I'm guessing none. Because the ones I know who've spent a significant amount of time here do appropriate """urban""" slang. It's a thing that happens. But no only black people who live in the ghetto use terms like "the Crew", right?

I actually know few people from Africa. One who came here as a baby and was raised with American culture and another who was born and raised in Africa and came here in their early 20s. The former of course is obviously more influenced by American culture than the latter who was raised in African culture. T'Challa has had experience with American culture but his home is primarily Wakanda, especially being the ruler. This makes as much sense as him going around screaming "Black Power!". Also those buzzfeed videos you watch don't count as having black friends

>we can't discuss this comic because the big scary Sup Forums will notice us

How is it all black if one of them is an abo?

Racists like Coates thinks they're all the same. Did you read it? He makes Storm a racist that cares about Harlem because her black people.

Was Kasper already not Black Panther in the first one?

Her Dads from Harlem.

they want to segregate but still gettin white people money. nigger tier thinking after all.

This is either some meta-level trolling or you're really fucking dumb

I'm pretty sure Priest's Crew was still all black people

He was White Tiger by that point

Coates does try to touch on it a little, but of course he's obsessed with bitching about american racial politics harder than Frank Miller is about whores, so it's very thin.

You overplay any point you have by imagining the backgrounds of user to be some sort of ignorant fantasyland.

Rhodes and Black Captain America, patriot was it? were black. The other two were hispanic and white.

Kaspar is half black

>>first all black superhero team
the first? really?

>This one just has Black Panther in it
well that makes sense
>segregation worked in africa, we should do it in america too

>The other two were hispanic and white.
were they girls?

>Also that too was cancelled after one issue.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crew_(comics)
It was cancelled after its seventh, you clown.

>>writer decides to call them "the crew" like they're a bunch of hoodrats

That's not what crew means you massive fucking idiot

Hell, the Black Panther trailer is all about hip hop and shit. Because it's supposed to appeal to black people, fuck the fact that it's about a whole different culture and location.

>uses a hip hop song
>"all about hip hop and shit"

yes, the trailer.

It could have used African inspired music. Doesn't have to be straight up a real African folklore song or anything, just a piece that shows elements of it. Something fitting and relevant.

But no, this movie is about black people, so let's just throw hip hop on it, they'll like it.

Wait, what?

Storm's dad is from Harlem. For that matter, Black Panther spent years living in Harlem and teaching at a school in Harlem while he was on the Avengers.

fucking Damn it, i wanted to hear amazing ancient African music instead of that bullshit hip hop crap

I'll assume you're mocking, but honestly it would have been better to use just generic trailer music than hip hop.

It's not about African-Americans. You do that, and you're saying "yo negroes, this one is for you, so you can't complain about us being so white anymore."

Of all the garbage from Hudlin the theme is one thing that he got right.

Although it's only 2/3'ds in, the evil guys are gentrifying Hydra people. White people moving into harlem is portrayed as racist as fuck in the book.

They actually bitch about mayonayse and kale in the book.

>They actually bitch about mayonayse and kale in the book.
What's weird is that I never heard of mayonnaise being a predominantly white person food condiment. Horseradish sauce would have made more sense.

what? no, i always think that it would be amazing to hear African traditional music for the "Black Panther" movie trailer, like in "the Lion King" or something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=L7m61Em4A5k

Hip Hop is more like for "The Defenders"

Then it's you and me, brother.

I don't expect positive responses to be sincere anymore.

>i-its so racist

I bet youve got America Chavez tattoed on your degenerated, operated penis-vagina.

>Sup Forumsposting

Sup Forums should be love.

Also, Hudlin's theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=1xz-12fur0s

>How many Africans who now live in the US do you know? I'm guessing none. Because the ones I know who've spent a significant amount of time here do appropriate """urban""" slang. It's a thing that happens.

Different user, and I know none, but I know plenty of Africans who now live in Canada, and they have a very different culture from either mainstream white Canada OR urban black Canadians. They would absolutely call themselves "Ethiopian" or "Somalian," not "black."
They also tend to speak impeccable english, cause of the whole ESL education, and would find AAVE as totally incomprehensible as I do.

Not only do Marvel writers no nothing about Africa, but their most notable African characters are the king of a fictional technologically advanced xenophobic nation-state and a supposed-to-look-like-all-races mutant chick who grew up in Egypt before being worshipped by tribal generic east Africans.
You're not getting any believable African-ness from that.

>based on an American IP
>American writers
>American director
>American actors
>American music is what makes this movie not authentic

Then listen to African music you knobhead.

oh get fucked, you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, something really stupid. This movie isn't African in the least except a couple of actors in minor roles. The guy doing the soundtrack is Swedish ffs, and no, I don't mean Somalian.
It's good that the rap in the trailer clued you in but people who paid attention knew that since Chad was picked as BP and Coogler to direct. It's black for the purpose of being black.
I'll probably enjoy it as a big budget piece of pseudo-blaxploitation because it's way closer to that than to anything African.

>Black Panther
>Storm
>Misty Knight
>and Manifold

WHOA, NOT MANIFOLD!?

Look, If they were making a movie about an Argentinian hero in Argentina, and everyone in production and the cast was just US latinos, and then in the trailer they played a fucking Ranchera, I'd be just as pissed.

Match the setting, don't try to do a cheap superficial appeal.

I hope t'chall gets a cape in the movie now

I genuinely believe this title generated more buzz here than in the real world.
It would explain the shitty sales and shitty threads.

Yet you double down on the only issue being the trailer music.

It doesn't particularly bother me when, say, an Australian guy plays an English guy. I wouldn't mind if a Mexican guy played a Chilean guy. I don't mind if African Americans or English black guys play Africans.
SO LONG AS THEY DO IT WELL.

It's about verisimilitude. And putting a ranchera in the trailer of a movie about a movie set in Argentina makes about as much sense as Hip Hop for a movie set in Africa, which is to say NONE AT ALL.

Like I said, it's transparent that this is just to tell a demographic "you can't call us racist anymore", even though it's even more racist this way.

Whats messed up about Manifold is that he's not African. He's an Australian Aborigine. But Coates doesn't seem to know or acknowledge that. Its quite jarring that he seems to care about Africa for some reason