So now that the dust has settled, and Marvel has officially ruined Spider-Man...

So now that the dust has settled, and Marvel has officially ruined Spider-Man, can we agree that this movie wasn't that bad afterall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_a1_SO8hu0
youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can we all agree OP is a faggot and that starting any thread with "Now that the dust has settled" is fucking cancer?

I disagree

Now that Spider-Man: Homecoming was a piece of shit, can we agree that the dust has settled?

interesting opinion you've got there... strange, but interesting.

Now that the Spider-Man has dusted, can we all settle that the dust has agreed?

Spider-Man Homecoming has a serious case of Dark Knight Rises, where people like it when it comes out because of the hype train, but give it a few months or a year and people are going to realize "You know, outside of the few memes that came out of this, it wasn't that great"

Now that dust has settled on settled dust, can we all agree that maybe the settling of dust has gone too far?

So around the time the dust settles?

Yes

nah it hit so many great beats that were for the readers while still being fresh and not slavishly repeating the same old stories from the comics. face it. the mouse fixed the spider.

>For the readers

Of the comics? Homecoming isn't anything like the comics, it's not supposed to be if it's a reimagining of him.

WILL YOU STOP IT WITH ALL THE FUCKING DUST BEFORE I GO T-1000 ON ALL OF YOU

Just saw it.

This was fucking excellent, easily up there with the actually good MCU films. Everything Sup Forums said would be shit was great, everything Sup Forums predicted was wrong, and even everything I had huge doubts about turned out to be pretty fantastic.

That's a definite yes, friendo.
The dust has agreed, we can all settle, the movie has dusted.

I never heard it called a reimagining at any point. Maybe in that its a pastiche of different eras of spiderman that incorporates specific comic elements but not whole distinct arcs, for the purpose of bringing decades of canon into form as a coherent movie that interlocks with the rest, but that's what all of the marvel movies have done.

yes of the comics. even though it is not like the comics it still had so many moments that were designed to be for the people who actually read spidey. knocked it out of the park on this one!

Give it a rest, professor.

Sup Forums is the worst for predictions. The only time I remember them being right was with Fant4stic.

fan4stic was doomed(pun intended) from the beginning. Sony, if you're listening the first thing to doing a good fantastic four movie is get doom right. give us Latveria/ magic/the suit all of it.

So now that the Marvel has dusted, and Spider-Man has officially settled movie, can this agree that we bad wasn't that movie afterall?

>It's not like the comics
>But it's like the comics

It doesn't work that way

sure it does when you have good writers! what is nuance

I thought all you ASM Spider-Man fags had killed yourselves by now.

How disappointing.

Spider-fags are never fucking happy, are they?

>Doomfags

Sure it does.

No it doesn't, because if it's reimagined, it's made to not be like the comics.

you're right they should start with mole man!

wow, guys, this user can see the fucking future

what other things can you tell us will happen, user?

that doesn't mean that you can't nod to the readers and this movie did that part flawlessly

Nah they're full with this weird rage like this one .

Well I mean maybe they should? Why not save Doom for a second film or something? They keep blowing their load with him and I actually liked the actors who they got to play him but it's such a waste.

Can the "dust has settled" meme please end?

I really loved this movie, for me it is the best spider-man movie.

you're in a big big club with that opinion! :)

Nods and homages are not adaptions.

I actually didn't like it. They made Peter way too incompetent. It was probably for humor but it really didn't work.

They made him irresponsible. He fucks everything up, but he never gets in trouble for it, he rarely gets hurt, people around him barely get hurt and it's seen as fun and games, not life and death.

>but he never gets in trouble for it
He gets his suit taken away
>he rarely gets hurt
He gets trapped under rubble and nearly killed multiple times by Vulture.
>people around him barely get hurt
A lot of them nearly died at the monument and on the ship.

What movie were you watching?

Oh no not his suit! How terrible! Good thing he had a spare and learned nothing from that experience!

semantics are not arguments

He learned that the suit doesn't make him who he is. That's the point Tony was making when he took away the suit that gave him the upgrades. His spare had no upgrades and he couldn't rely on it.

I really liked that he had to go through the final showdown on the plane with the villain in his home made suit! feels like he deserves the cool Karen suit now!

Can we all agree that calling something cancer is retarded?

>A lot of people nearly died
>Nearly

Meanwhile, in the more comic book accurate Spider-Man:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_a1_SO8hu0

You mean Fox

That's not loss or a consequence. Tobey lost everything he loved, more or less, and Andrew lost the love of his life. Tom doesn't lose anything, quite literally nothing truly bad happens to him or the people around him, because Spider-Man Homecoming is a reimagining.

Okay, as someone who actually likes the first one, no. It was shit.

>He gets his suit taken away

Poor little white boy

>He gets trapped under rubble and nearly killed multiple times by Vulture.

Generic superhero movie 101

>A lot of them nearly died at the monument and on the ship.

They should have. Iron Man bailing him out teaches him nothing.

First, Second, he learned to stop trying to be like Tony, stop being brash and reckless, and stop sacrificing so much of his personal life. The whole thing was basically a lesson of "be cool, stay in school"

That's not a consequence either, or even a real lesson.

He lost the girl.

wow this week ass bait again

How is it not a real lesson? The whole movie he was itching at the chance to leave his whole life behind, abandon his friends and family and personal life and just be spider man. It was selfish.

He learned the value of friendship (ned), the value of education, of pursuing a relationship, and that maybe it was just as important for him to be Peter as it was to be Spidey. The whole reason he turns down the offer at the end.

You were a fan of the 90's arcs, weren't you?

It kind of is when you take into consideration how young Peter is in the movie. He's not burdened by adult life or adult things. He's more naive, it completely makes sense in that regard.

I unironically want that. Do something new and fun and crazy.

He learns something the audience already knows as common sense. It's on par with the Amazing Spider-Man 2's D-Line shit, where Peter learns that his dad isn't that bad of a guy, but the audience already knows from the very beginning so there's no real character development anyways

Dude he's fucking 15, you want him to learn the moral dilemma of cheating on his taxes?

And? So was Tobey and Andrew's Spider-Man, they both learn this lesson early on in their respective debuts and proceed to become their own person. Does that make MCU Spider-Man special needs or something if he can't learn the most basic of principles even with above-average intelligence?

Go away, Pascal. You're human-trash and you almost killed Spider-Man (just like you killed Ghostbusters).

Spider-Man still mine, fuckboy. See Venom on October 5th, 2018

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that the dust has definitely settled? That there is no more dust in the air, and that the air is, in fact, dust-free? That all the dust is definitely, for sure, either on the ground or laying upon whatever other surfaces where it has settled?

>And? So was Tobey and Andrew's Spider-Man
neither of them were 15 idiot

They were both 15 when they became Spider-Man in their respective debuts. Tobey's movie took place over years.

[citation needed]

Not him, but saying that Tobey's movie takes place over years makes the point of Peter becoming his own person redundant because it only focused on his high school career for half an hour. So we know this Spider-Man has had time to grow into his own person, and since Holland's Spider-Man is 15 and in high school, the movie is about him becoming his own person, that's the point of the movie.

Homecoming is the best Spider-Man movie with the best adaptation of MJ so far

Also, in the more comic-accurate Spider-Man, he can save a train full of people without them dying.

>picking a frump over literal perfection
youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU
what's wrong with you?

The last third of Homecoming was incredible, and if the WHOLE MOVIE was like that, I really do think it could have been the best spider-man movie, even WITH the weird fucked up supporting cast.

BUT all the shit with iron man and the suit really soured the rest of the movie for me. It wasn't awful but it really wasn't that good, and it feels like they missed a lot of what's fun about spider-man.

>frump

because that's exactly what she looks like in the movie, and not pic related, you fucking retard

It had much better cinematography. And acting. In general, everything except villain part was superior.

INCOMING RETCON

The Amazing Spider-Man movies are true kino. Homecoming was a garbage fire of a Disney channel movie. MCU Spiderboy doesn't belong with the big boys, especially when IronMan has to fucking babysit and hold his hand like an incompetent idiot.

TASM movies are the best.

>He lied to me

You're not seeing the big picture

she's obviously gonna go through the Allison Breakfast Club cycle

>He hates-ah me

>The Amazing Spider-Man movies are true kino.
Which is why I know not to take your opinion seriously.

>bro, just wait for the next movie, things are going to be so much better
gee, i haven't heard that before

Especially when it never really settles before the bluray releases. I'm personally done with paying a shit ton of cash to watch Marvel movies in the cinema

Is that the best example though

that was the next move? could have sworn there was at least one thing in between

Holy shit that was so bad I forgot about it lul

>Hating on Hans Zimmer's score
>Hating on Pharrell

How does it feel to be a pleb?

Kill yourself. This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I can't believe I'm taking your bait.

Never saves the day once.
>inb4 he takes a bike from a thief.
Which promptly got stolen because its New York.
>inb4 he helps an old lady!
Annnd she gave him a churro. Sorry I was under the impression that ACTION was his only reward.

Doesn't that make Homecoming an incompotent movie if Peter learns even less in more time overall though? Because Peter learns every lesson of Homecoming and more when Uncle Ben's not-Sandman killer falls to his death than Tom Holland's Peter does in the course of an entire film

Just saw Homecoming.

MJ as a rebellious quirky teen who doesn't like The Man. She was there for comic relief but it just reminded me of all the kids I knew in high school who tried to be 'that kid' and it came off as annoying. The person I went to the theater with who thinks protesting is a fun activity CLAPPED for MJ's fight the power attitude. Bad news for her though, all of Spiderman's love interests end up dead or hating him or sometimes exiled in another dimension with amnesia. My friend also complained that Aunt May wasn't given enough to do but considering Aunt May is usually just there to be in danger or almost catch Peter being Spiderman (which is always the most boring part of a spiderman movie) I don't know how she could've really added to it.

Also, CG was laughable in some scenes.

you're moving the goalposts. First it was he didn't learn anything, then it was "not a real lesson" and now it's that he didn't learn ENOUGH.
Face it, tiger. You lost.

I liked how May actually had some good family moments with Peter, agree that she's usually dead weight

No, that's the point. If Tom Holland's Spidey learned nothing of value in the course of two hours, that just makes him a shitty Spider-Man, or the movie poorly written in comparison to the others, including both Amazing Spider-Man movies.

>Learning how to be a responsible person
>not valuable
Pick one

But he didn't learn nothing of value, he learns to be his own person, to value friendship, his education, his family and he put that over his superhero career by the end of it, that was the point of the movie. It's a coming-of-age movie with Spider-Man in it, and it makes sense that he learns these things because he's a young and naive character in the movie.

Good luck trying to convince anyone that the two turds known as the TASM movies are worse than this, bahahaha.

It wasn't bad, it was abominable.

>worse
better.

Yeah the praise it's getting proves this site is full of shills. I've never hated a capeshit protag more than this little annoying shit, it was so embarassing.

>Learning responsibility
>Homecoming
>Spider-Man
>Responsible in any way, shape or form.